Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Level

The Big Question (and It Isn't About Who Got Killed)

Well everyone, it's almost here!! After all of the speculation, and after analyzing the end of the finale 1000 times, we only have to wait ONE MORE WEEK from tomorrow to get our answers! I know A LOT of people were outraged that they ended the season like they did. I was too. I also know that the cliffhanger was the last of many bad/questionable decisions made by Kirkman, Gimple, & the writers this past season. I'm hoping the fan reaction to the cliffhanger served as a wake up call, but I doubt it. Although I don't think they'll be dumb enough to give us another cliffhanger.
    After the finale, a lot of people swore they were done, that they'd never watch TWD again. So now that we're so close to the start of season 7 and the answer to the question that almost drove me (and probably others) to crazy town, are you going to be in front of the TV next Sunday night?
    I definitely will be.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    We could arrange to have you carried. AdamUpBxtch's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    700 Post(s)
    Level
    Well my cable company got rid of AMC, but the answer would still be no even if I had AMC.

I'll stream it online after it airs or some shit. We've pretty much already known who would die for months now, like we all knew we would.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    457 Post(s)
    How the hell else am I gonna find more ammo to rip the show apart unless I watch? Judging by the way Ezekiel's hair already looks, that alone should give me what I want for a few weeks alone.

I do want to believe it can be good again. But I'm not an ignorant asshole that believes The Gimp or AMC will change the way they want to present the show. And their presentation is pretty shitty.

Hate watching all the way.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Level
    Pshh, I already have my wine, why would I want to waste it by not watching the show.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Level
    I don't have(and never will) AMC so, no.

It'll be Westworld, Shameless and then maybe TWD.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Level
    Nah. I'll just be sitting back laughing at the declining ratings as the season progresses. Merry times ahead, indeed!

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Level
    I never said that I wouldn't watch the premiere. I don't typically "rage quit" fiction. I usually just slowly get sick of it when it starts to decrease in quality and eventually decide I'd rather do something else, or nothing, than see what happens next, but honestly, the closer it gets, the more I don't actually want to watch it. I probably will watch it because my mom and I have been watching together since like season 2 or 3 and she still wants to watch it, but if not for her, I'd probably sit this one out. I'm not excited anymore and I think there might be a Rick and Morty rerun on near the same timeslot. I'd rather watch that to be honest.

So, yeah... I'll probably keep watching until my mom gets sick of it too - which could be soon. She bailed on Fear The Walking Dead half-way through the first half of season 2 - I've been watching that one alone, so she's definitely never been as into this stuff as I have been. Her interest could disappear at any time, and probably will if the rest of the series goes how I expect it to.

Personally, I just haven't felt good about this show for quite some time and season 6 cemented that. I used to watch it and get excited well in advance. I was proud to tell people I was a fan... I felt like I was part of a smart fandom watching a smart story with clever twists and turns. Lately I've felt kinda embarrassed to publicly claim to be a fan of this show, however. I don't feel like I'm watching something clever and unique anymore. I feel like I'm watching a pandering gimmicky joke. I'm kinda excited for Ezekiel, but only because I think it's such a stupid plot that it's entertaining in its stupidity. It'll be funny to watch the show get stupider and stupider as all the good ideas fizzle out and we're left with nothing but cosplay, tigers, and characters who are literal pieces of wood... but not funny enough for me to get excited and make sure I watch it every single week for any other reason than to have that hour with my mom.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Curious, why do you guys get so upset over a fictional tv show???? This has no real effect over your real life what so ever....

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Level
    I'll torrent like I said I would and watch it quickly before work - usually I would get comfy, open a beer and enjoy. But fuck that, the last season had me browsing the web and wishing for the episodes to end already. Now I'll just keep it simple. Not holding my breath for improvement.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Maggies ripped and shredded uterus Anton69's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Level
    I always said I'd watch the premiere it's episodes 5,6,7, that usually suck so bad I fall asleep halfway through. I didnt watch one episode of FTWD this season because if how cheap and dumb the first one was and I didn't miss it. As for what else is on the night before I have to go back to work is easy, westworld has killed it, in it's first two episodes

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast