Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: The Dome

  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Offline
    Jaywalking Loiterer ShanesAddiction's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Planet Earth (aka 3rd rock from the sun)
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,786
    Threads
    111
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Points
    3,012
    Level
    23

    The Dome

    Anyone reading or have already read this Stephen King tome yet? It's been on my list for a very long tine and I finally picked it up and started it last week. Interested to hear what others think about it.

  2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Offline
    Sharpshooter hoogie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,017
    Threads
    47
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Points
    3,992
    Level
    20
    It's a good book overall. I enjoyed it. I don't want to get specific and ruin it for you.

    If you watched the television series, it veers off from where the book ends up. I think I enjoyed the book more than the show.

  3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Offline
    Squirrel Hunter DeLongeWannabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Wonderland
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,567
    Threads
    257
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Points
    3,526
    Level
    32
    I've read a bit of it. Really great book thus far.
    And the villain is in my Top 5 Stephen King villains.

  4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Offline
    Sharpshooter Quiet One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    2,240
    Threads
    0
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Points
    1,825
    Level
    20
    It's one of my favourite King novels - the tv show sucked balls by comparison.

  5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Offline
    Governor Dark Nimbus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    In the forest
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    9,288
    Threads
    84
    Mentioned
    501 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiet One View Post
    It's one of my favourite King novels - the tv show sucked balls by comparison.
    Totally agree with you, the book is far superior to the show. It was like they took the concept and the characters names and then stopped there. Lol. Well maybe a bit more but you know what I mean!
    It's a real classic King novel where you wonder how the hell all the threads will come together, and pretty bleak in places, but it's a really satisfying read in the end.

  6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Offline
    Sharpshooter Quiet One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    2,240
    Threads
    0
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Points
    1,825
    Level
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Nimbus View Post
    Totally agree with you, the book is far superior to the show. It was like they took the concept and the characters names and then stopped there. Lol. Well maybe a bit more but you know what I mean!
    It's a real classic King novel where you wonder how the hell all the threads will come together, and pretty bleak in places, but it's a really satisfying read in the end.
    Yeah, the show kind of started the same, and then tptb went "wait! I have a much better idea!" and went off in a completely ludicrous direction. I hated that show by the end.

  7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Offline
    Sharpshooter hoogie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,017
    Threads
    47
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Points
    3,992
    Level
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiet One View Post
    It's one of my favourite King novels - the tv show sucked balls by comparison.
    Totally agree. Was just trying to not taint people either way who havent read the book yet.

  8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Offline
    Jaywalking Loiterer ShanesAddiction's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Planet Earth (aka 3rd rock from the sun)
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,786
    Threads
    111
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Points
    3,012
    Level
    23
    Just finished the book. Thought it was awesome. I haven't seen the TV series, but I've oozed around for it. However, after reading what you all thought of it, maybe I'll just skip the TV series. Lol. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

  9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Offline
    Sharpshooter hoogie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,017
    Threads
    47
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Points
    3,992
    Level
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane's Addiction View Post
    Just finished the book. Thought it was awesome. I haven't seen the TV series, but I've oozed around for it. However, after reading what you all thought of it, maybe I'll just skip the TV series. Lol. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
    It'll leave a bad taste in your mouth since you enjoyed the show. Better off reading another of King's books. I recommend the Mercedes Killer trilogy.

  10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Offline
    Jaywalking Loiterer ShanesAddiction's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Planet Earth (aka 3rd rock from the sun)
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,786
    Threads
    111
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Points
    3,012
    Level
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by hoogie View Post
    It'll leave a bad taste in your mouth since you enjoyed the show. Better off reading another of King's books. I recommend the Mercedes Killer trilogy.
    The Mercedes / Bill Hodges trilogy was great! I loved that series. (And was very sad when Hodges died).

Related Topics

  1. Under The Dome
    By lakozz in forum Fantasy and Sci-Fi
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: November 26th, 2015, 01:41 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: July 26th, 2015, 11:29 AM
  3. Under The Dome.....What do you think?
    By Jaycam1587 in forum Drama
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: April 21st, 2014, 12:50 PM

Spoil The Dead is the largest & number one fansite for AMC's The Walking Dead & Fear The Walking Dead, Image Comic's The Walking Dead, and the Telltale Games. Offering spoilers, games, and community to fans & zombie enthusiasts.