Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #31
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    527 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Feelin' Groovy View Post
    Was comic Andrea's role limited to being Rick's significant other?
    Yes, it was. Comic Andrea has essentially become little more than a plot device for Rick and Carl. They've been doing the same thing with Michonne since 4B.

2. Back To Top    #32
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Level
    Well, it appears that people are prematurely writing off tv Michonne AND her relationship with Rick.
    And we all know why that is . I'll stop there though because I'm feeling good today.

Quote Originally Posted by Mia Dixon View Post
    Why do we even care that Rick doesn't think Judith is his. Most of us have know it all a long. Why can him and his women talk about Glenn or Abe?
    Her name is Michonne and they talk about Glenn in episode 12. You're welcome.

But anyways, this is the first episode I've been excited for since the premiere so I can't wait to see it. And of course it features most of the characters I care about so that is a plus.

3. Back To Top    #33
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    360 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by meesha1971 View Post
    Yes, it was. Comic Andrea has essentially become little more than a plot device for Rick and Carl. They've been doing the same thing with Michonne since 4B.
    From what I've been told, Andrea was a skilled and successful sharpshooter. I don't get how that was a plot device for Rick and Carl. She also acted independently of Rick and Carl, she wasn't always in lockstep with them, especially when she had dealings with other major characters...

I'm not convinced that taking on comic Andrea's role is a negative thing for tv Michonne. Lack of screen time and dialogue is the real issue for me, particularly when some characters have had numerous bottle episodes.....

4. Back To Top    #34
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Rick and Michonne are a couple, is normal that they would have this type of conversations. Why are some people so salty......

Anyway this episode looks good, Carl being a badass. Can't wait

5. Back To Top    #35
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1745 Post(s)
    Level
    So if I would have been on my computer as I am know I would have gotten it right. Sorry about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScorpioGoddess View Post
    And we all know why that is . I'll stop there though because I'm feeling good today.

Her name is Michonne and they talk about Glenn in episode 12. You're welcome.

But anyways, this is the first episode I've been excited for since the premiere so I can't wait to see it. And of course it features most of the characters I care about so that is a plus.

6. Back To Top    #36
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Any of you guys have an idea what's going to happen at the end of the season. I'd imagine Rick gets enjoyment and satisfaction at some point.

7. Back To Top    #37
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    527 Post(s)
    Level
    From what I've been told, Andrea was a skilled and successful sharpshooter. I don't get how that was a plot device for Rick and Carl. She also acted independently of Rick and Carl, she wasn't always in lockstep with them, especially when she had dealings with other major characters...

I'm not convinced that taking on comic Andrea's role is a negative thing for tv Michonne. Lack of screen time and dialogue is the real issue for me, particularly when some characters have had numerous bottle episodes.....
    You asked a question, I answered. Comic Andrea was a significant character who had independent story arcs and relationships with other characters - before Kirkman stuck her with Rick. Now she mostly just babysits Carl and occasionally does something as a sniper for Rick. She hasn't had an actual story arc since she got stuck with Rick. They did have her disagree with Rick about Negan, but even that was just a plot device for Rick revealing that he was just playing along with Negan and didn't go anywhere interesting for Andrea. I don't expect anything different for Michonne. They gave the significant story arcs for comic Andrea to Sasha and Rosita - even Daryl, Carol, and Rick got pieces of it. Michonne got the least significant aspect of that - and the one thing that ruined Andrea's character in the comic. They've been gradually shoving Michonne into the background and limiting her interactions to primarily Rick and Carl for 2 1/2 seasons now. I kept hoping that would change, but 6B made it painfully clear that will only get worse so I gave up hope. I have zero expectations of Michonne ever getting any kind of interesting story. And this episode appears to be more of the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by #FreeDaryl View Post
    Any of you guys have an idea what's going to happen at the end of the season. I'd imagine Rick gets enjoyment and satisfaction at some point.
    Filming spoilers for the finale indicate a big battle at ASZ. Everything else seems to be leading up to that.

8. Back To Top    #38
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    360 Post(s)
    Level
    You asked a question, I answered. Comic Andrea was a significant character who had independent story arcs and relationships with other characters - before Kirkman stuck her with Rick. Now she mostly just babysits Carl and occasionally does something as a sniper for Rick. She hasn't had an actual story arc since she got stuck with Rick. They did have her disagree with Rick about Negan, but even that was just a plot device for Rick revealing that he was just playing along with Negan and didn't go anywhere interesting for Andrea. I don't expect anything different for Michonne. They gave the significant story arcs for comic Andrea to Sasha and Rosita - even Daryl, Carol, and Rick got pieces of it. Michonne got the least significant aspect of that - and the one thing that ruined Andrea's character in the comic. They've been gradually shoving Michonne into the background and limiting her interactions to primarily Rick and Carl for 2 1/2 seasons now. I kept hoping that would change, but 6B made it painfully clear that will only get worse so I gave up hope. I have zero expectations of Michonne ever getting any kind of interesting story. And this episode appears to be more of the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Filming spoilers for the finale indicate a big battle at ASZ. Everything else seems to be leading up to that.
    Yes you answered my question, and I responded like I usually do in a forum situation. Seems to me that many things in this episode revolve around Rick. What I'm hearing is poor Michonne would have no story if she weren't with Rick. I'm of the wait and see school, since I've not seen evidence that Michonne is any less a badass for being with Rick. If anything, he's leaned on HER advice and counsel ~ which has been spot on. Whether people accept it or not, these two are truly a power couple in that ZA universe. It's time we saw them interact as couples do. If Michonne can expand her weapons skills to include some of comic Andrea's, it creates an opportunity for more focus on Michonne, not less.

9. Back To Top    #39
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    527 Post(s)
    Level
    Yes you answered my question, and I responded like I usually do in a forum situation. Seems to me that many things in this episode revolve around Rick. What I'm hearing is poor Michonne would have no story if she weren't with Rick. I'm of the wait and see school, since I've not seen evidence that Michonne is any less a badass for being with Rick. If anything, he's leaned on HER advice and counsel ~ which has been spot on. Whether people accept it or not, these two are truly a power couple in that ZA universe. It's time we saw them interact as couples do. If Michonne can expand her weapons skills to include some of comic Andrea's, it creates an opportunity for more focus on Michonne, not less.
    Actually, it's the other way around. Michonne would actually be a character and have her own story if they separated her from Rick. She'll never have a story of her own while she's paired up with him. That was one of the mistakes - anyone they pair with Rick romantically is just going to get swallowed up and become a plot device because the focus is always going to be on Rick. They never should have paired him with one of the main characters. It should have been a supporting character instead. And, honestly, Rick is nowhere near ready for a genuine romantic relationship anyway. He has way too many issues that he still needs to work through and he's never really dealt with Lori's death - or Jessie's for that matter.

Regardless, they had their chance to sell Richonne as a believable couple in 6B and they failed miserably. It's too late now.

10. Back To Top    #40
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Level
    Actually, it's the other way around. Michonne would actually be a character and have her own story if they separated her from Rick. She'll never have a story of her own while she's paired up with him. That was one of the mistakes - anyone they pair with Rick romantically is just going to get swallowed up and become a plot device because the focus is always going to be on Rick. They never should have paired him with one of the main characters. It should have been a supporting character instead. And, honestly, Rick is nowhere near ready for a genuine romantic relationship anyway. He has way too many issues that he still needs to work through and he's never really dealt with Lori's death - or Jessie's for that matter.

Regardless, they had their chance to sell Richonne as a believable couple in 6B and they failed miserably. It's too late now.

I always thought the Jesse relationship...was actually a "Lori issue" for Rick...

something about Jesse, maybe the Jean jacket (and more I just did not catch on to)...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast