Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Level

I Love Negan. Where Is He?

What I mean by this, is where is the Negan we used to know? I've been a ridiculously huge Negan fan since day one. He became my favourite character real quick. Where is he? The character they have now is not Negan. He has some decent lines, but that's it. He doesn't seem like he would have ever been believable as a leader, much less a guy anyone would have bowed or kneeled before. He lets Dwight berate him on a fairly regular basis, for fuck sake. He's anything but scary and his biggest goal seems to be to impress Rick.

I've remained hopeful that things would turn around and it would be a trick, leading to betrayal. I've lost that hope. Even while he was in prison, he acted like Negan. There was absolutely no remorse or anything like that. He even brought up what he did to Glenn, just to get to Rick. Once he got out, he killed Brandon, then Alpha. That made perfect sense. After that, he's gone downhill. If he had started this way, I'm not sure I ever would have cared about the character. I want them to bring back NEGAN.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status

Awaiting Gimple's Replacement In Negan's Bed.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Level
    I still like him but I agree in wanting the Negan that he started out as back. I pray that the show will go a completely different way and have Negan shove lucille up Rick's ass instead of kissing it.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    457 Post(s)
    I think it's time to come to the Simon side. Negan looks like one more thing TPTB have ruined about this show.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Level
    @John Dixon. I know he's not as popular with audiences as they hoped, but I actually love him in the show. It's the comic books that have changed him drastically from how awesome he used be. Also, I am a big Simon fan, as well.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    457 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackjack View Post
    @John Dixon. I know he's not as popular with audiences as they hoped, but I actually love him in the show. It's the comic books that have changed him drastically from how awesome he used be. Also, I am a big Simon fan, as well.
    Just saw this was in the comic thread. Oops, lol.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Level
    I just got finished reading the comics and came right here bc I was pissed at what Negan has turned into over the last few issues. Killing Alpha was the last time I saw the man I have come to love/hate!
    Can someone please explain those tears??
    Is this an act?
    The issue was a page turner until it got down to Negan, then it melted like an ice cream cone in the sun, sheesh!

I haven't read most of "Here's Negan" but I hoping that herein is the clue to Negan's change of behavior?? Negan says to Dwight that he doesn't understand. Well, neither do I!! Who knows what is going on with Negan?....Really, Who knows?!

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Level
    @blackjack I know you're fond of the former Negan but I kinda like this change in character he is experiencing. His entire world is changing and what he once that he wanted might not be what he wants anymore. I'm still hesitant to say he's going to be a hero in the end but it definitely looks that way right now. I wouldn't be surprised if your Negan reappears in a couple issues and him serving Rick is just a ruse.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm not sure of the Negan as hero arc but after reading "Here's Negan", I think I get the way he reacted to Lucille "dying". The breakdown makes sense in context of how Lucille was "conceived". So, maybe this breakdown will lead to some other evolution of Negan's deveolpment. I am not looking for this guy to be reborn as a hero. Seems he was always a bit of an asshole. That's his core personality. I can't recall too much genuine compassion, empathy or selflessness in this bloke.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Level
    @beethedead. Yeah, even his backstory doesn't really paint him in the best light. He was a bit of an asshole then too. I like that about him. LOL

@Velociman. I think, more than anything else, what bothers , is that he used to be one he'll of a leader. He had power. He seems pathetic now. I don't like it. Also, I had hope for a beautiful reunion between him and Lucille. They killed her before she could do anything and I'm not sure I'm over that. We haven't seen her in so long. I truly loved Lucille.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Level
    After seeing the most recent future cover, it looks a lot like civil war is happening. Negan's part in that arc sure will be interesting. Do people wanna take bets on which side he takes (Rick or Saviors)? I'm thinking Rick.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast