Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level

The Walking Dead Cast and Crew Excited to Cast Shiva and Jesus

"The Walking Dead" is about to enter its fifth season, and the show has continually strayed further and further from the comic books on which it's based. Here and there it has nods to the source material, and many of the characters are similar, but everyone involved agrees that the books and the show are on two very different trajectories.

Nevertheless, there are characters and plots from the books that are guaranteed to make it into the show, including fan favorite villain Negan, who series creator Robert Kirkman has said repeatedly will appear onscreen at some point down the road. During group interviews at San Diego Comic-Con 2014, Kirkman and the show's producers confirm to Zap2itthat at least three other favorites from the books will likely make it to the screen eventually: Paul "Jesus" Monroe, Ezekiel, and Ezekiel's pet tiger, Shiva.

"Paul Monroe, known as 'Jesus,' I think is an interesting character that's emerged in the comic book series that is going to be a very cool character when we get around to him in the TV show," Kirkman tells Zap2it. "Because of the martial arts and all that cool stuff, I'm pretty excited about seeing how that comes together." Monroe is also gay, which could help add diversity to the show's existing cast.

http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/the_walk...ducers-2014-07
    Last edited by Ripley; August 1st, 2014 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Edited for copyright compliance

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Level
    One thing I know for sure: Dave Fennoy has to be cast as Ezekiel.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Kordas View Post
    One thing I know for sure: Dave Fennoy has to be cast as Ezekiel.
    You are absolutely right!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Level
    I'll play Devil's Advocate here... I'm not sure I'm okay with this.

Funny enough, I spent about an hour talking with my mother (an avid fan of both comic and television series) about the new characters that could be introduced yesterday, and she and I both focused very heavily on The Kingdom - specifically Ezekiel and Shiva.
    We both came to the conclusion that the two would have to be handled VERY differently in order to make it to screen, possibly cutting everyone in the Kingdom aside from the two and moving them to another camp in a higher power role.

In regards to Ezekiel, I said that if Dave Fennoy wasn't cast, I wouldn't be near as interested. I said it as a joke, but the King doesn't DO much. Especially if Michonne gets with Rick as many speculate, he has no purpose, in our opinion. He would have to be remixed.

And Shiva... Well, I can't tell if they're joking, but if they SERIOUSLY have a baby tiger being trained right now... More power to em. But I feel that's too dangerous. Call me uninformed and please correct me if I'm just being paranoid, but if that TIGER kills someone... What the Hell do we do? Show ends. Cancelled. Can't do it. I wouldn't want anyone recast after so long with them. A new Rick? Hell no.

We came up for a remix of Shiva that involved Shiva and Ezekiel that dealt with him being a sort-of messenger. Shiva would instead be a flock of pigeons or a falcon that he uses to send messages between the communities. Maybe he keeps track of the supplies of everyone. Plays into that "smartest character in the series" thing where HE is the one that rations everything out because everyone trusts him. It also plays into the zooleeper past; he took up falconry. After all, sending people out to deliver messages means nothing if a horde comes through, so a messaging service would be a really neat thing to add. I dunno, we're just spitballin'.

The whole of The Kingdom felt very campy and out of place. Up until recently in the comic (VERY recently), they didn't have much of a purpose besides existing, with teh exception of our King being with Michonne. If that's all it is on the show (and our characters are not all that developed NOW), I certainly don't want a whole group of Red Shirts. Wasteful budgeting.

The only thing I'm legitimately excited for is Jesus. I get the feeling it'll be pronounced Hey-zeus or something to appease the more religious fanbase, or just call him Paul, but he is one of the few that still kind of works in contrast to the other two. Hopefully they can get a good interpretation of him for the series.

Also wary of Negan. How they'll do him I have no clue.

Well, I've rambled enough. Feel free to yell at me that I'm an idiot.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    It's no secret I am excited at the prospect of Jesus being on the show. Really interested in seeing who they would cast for his role and how true to the comic he will be. thanks for posting this!

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Level
    I wonder if they'll use a CGI tiger or a trained one? I assume the former.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm curious to how they're gonna make the tiger look real in the series. TWD's production is awesome, and it's probably gonna be put in via CGI, I hope it looks good :)

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)
    Level
    Cast grumpy cat as Shiva.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    A tiger.?
    oh brother..............It is beginning to sound a little too odd
    cannibals........pristine cops......odd vicars..........
    i hope The Walking Dead isn't getting a little too despirate

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by finlay View Post
    A tiger.?
    oh brother..............It is beginning to sound a little too odd
    cannibals........pristine cops......odd vicars..........
    i hope The Walking Dead isn't getting a little too despirate
    Excuse me if I'm being a bit of an idiot here but how is it odd?
    Cannibles and Vicor (Fr. Gabriel) is in the comics to start off with, the only thing that isn't would be the police woman we say which I don't think is odd at all, in fact it's quite cliche as we always see at least one person have hopes of bringing people together.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast