Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level

Why Did TPTB Cut Out Fat Joeys Death Scene?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    628 Post(s)
    Level
    This fills me with rage. It really does. They can stop violence..but they can't make the writing better for the rest of us? Do these idiots really think it's because of the violence that people aren't watching? I can't believe they cut a scene because of the stupid snowflakes of the world. If you don't want violence then don't watch a violent show

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Level
    After Season 5 premiere and Season 7 premiere, this doesn't wash. This is just lazy pandering and TPTB have their heads way deep in the sand if they think this is the only thing wrong.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Level
    I feel like the reason has less to do with any complaints about violence and more to do with the fact that they wanted our attention on Daryl and his psychological state rather than the blood and guts or Fat Joey.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Level
    Where is all of this rage over TWD being too graphic/violent? I haven't seen too many people up in arms over it and if anyone is then they shouldn't be watching. TPTB are delusional if they think that graphic violence is what's currently driving ratings down.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Level
    This is my thought as well.
    TWD has always been violent. Let's not forget about Carol's season 1 smashing of her abusive husband's brains. THAT shit was nasty and awesome. I do not understand how people are just now complaining about the violence, and I don't understand where they get off watching a show about the zombie apocalypse if they take issue with blood and guts. Fuck... remember when people used to complain about this show not being violent enough? Ha ha ha.
    There is only one issue with this show... writing. Whether that means dialogue or pacing or character development, it all comes down to writing.

Quote Originally Posted by KerryGold View Post
    I feel like the reason has less to do with any complaints about violence and more to do with the fact that they wanted our attention on Daryl and his psychological state rather than the blood and guts or Fat Joey.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    606 Post(s)
    Level
    -_-

Pussies ruining it for everyone else.

I'm sure AMC just realized the ratings tanked after the first ep and are blaming it on the violence and not Gimple. After that cliffhanger there was a lot of people that were just done with the show and only tuned in because they wanted to at least see who it is. I'm sure killing Glenn (a fan favorite) may have something to do with it as well, but then throwing in Abraham as well might have been overkill for some people. Then having Daryl be tortured and fed dog food may have pissed some people off and the stoopit Carol Defenders couldn't handle the show going a few episodes without her killing someone. Slow paced season, Tara episode, Many of the fans don't really seem to like Negan, people already pissed off about how bad S6 was (remember dumpstergate?), and the fans that have been pandered to since S4 aren't being pandered to as much. This is also the 7th season so its no longer the cool new thing.

it was a lot of things building up and it all just kind of exploded at once. It wasn't the violence. It may have been for some people but I'm sure it doesn't even make the top 10.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by hotasurban View Post
    This is my thought as well.
    TWD has always been violent. Let's not forget about Carol's season 1 smashing of her abusive husband's brains. THAT shit was nasty and awesome. I do not understand how people are just now complaining about the violence, and I don't understand where they get off watching a show about the zombie apocalypse if they take issue with blood and guts. Fuck... remember when people used to complain about this show not being violent enough? Ha ha ha.
    There is only one issue with this show... writing. Whether that means dialogue or pacing or character development, it all comes down to writing.
    I think the majority of us have a threshold for how much graphic violence we can tolerate, so I'm not faulting people who didn't like the scene. I didn't enjoy the brutality and gore of it so much but I just looked away. As you said it's a brutal show, they challenged their own standard with that scene and have to deal with the fallout--live and learn if they are capable. I'm with you, it's rated TVM and offers a warning statement so we should expect what they are telling us is coming.

It's funny you brought up Carol/Ed/pickax scene because I think Daryl's scene is very much like it and it made me consider that Daryl's actions were most definitely fueled by his anger over Glenn and Abe but also his visceral reaction to the abuse/torture he suffered at the hands of the Saviors. IMO, keeping Fat Joey out of the scene allowed him to act as a representative of all of the people involved in what happened to him there.

This is the wrong thread to discuss this, but I think there are other problems afoot here including mediocre acting, directing issues, editing and continuity issues and what I suspect is a serious case of group think and hubris among tptb.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    http://www.dailydot.com/parsec/walki...cc-complaints/

Some of these complaints are ridiculous comparing it to Isis beheading people is crazy. First of all this is acting IT'S NOT REAL! Isis is real, and does happen a lot in REAL LIFE. Second of all TWD has been violent since day one. Yes this was more, but it warns you at the beginning and e1 knew someone was going to die by that bat, at least one person. So if you are letting your young kids watch it and you don't like it, then why did you let them watch it?

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    606 Post(s)
    Level
    I actually kinda felt bad for Fat Joey.

You can debate whether or not he was good but did anyone really deserve that? They don't know Fat Joey's story and for all they know they actually could have been worse people than Fat Joey. For all they know, Fat Joey's story was similar to Eugene's. Playing a long to survive.

Also, If you think Negan is such a bad person why would you stoop down to his level? The level of violence for Negan made total sense because of the type of character he is. He was putting on a show to scare the absolute fuck out of people. Daryl wasn't putting on a show, he was just doing it, which kinda made his whole arc dumb because in that moment he looked worse than Negan ever did even though his whole thing was that he refused to say he was Negan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast