1. Back To Top    #11
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I actually kinda felt bad for Fat Joey.

You can debate whether or not he was good but did anyone really deserve that? They don't know Fat Joey's story and for all they know they actually could have been worse people than Fat Joey. For all they know, Fat Joey's story was similar to Eugene's. Playing a long to survive.

Also, If you think Negan is such a bad person why would you stoop down to his level? The level of violence for Negan made total sense because of the type of character he is. He was putting on a show to scare the absolute fuck out of people. Daryl wasn't putting on a show, he was just doing it, which kinda made his whole arc dumb because in that moment he looked worse than Negan ever did even though his whole thing was that he refused to say he was Negan.
    I completely agree. I felt so bad for fat Joey. It was just not necessary and I don't think he deserved it. I guess it's okay to bash in someone's skull just because it's Daryl doing it. His fans think he's cool and badass for it yet Negan is a horrible person for doing the same thing. It makes him no better than Negan.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    I cumpletely agree. I felt so bad for fat Joey. It was just not necessary and I don't think he deserved it. I guess it's okay to bash in someone's skull just because it's Daryl doing it. His fans think he's cool and badass for it yet Negan is a horrible person for doing the same thing. It makes him no better than Negan.
    The whole arc made absolutely no sense. The whole time Daryl doesn't break (which made it lame to begin with) and in the final moments he apparently was Negan all along yet still being defiant? >>

The violence itself doesn't offend me as I thought it was rad when Negan was doing it but it WAS Negan doing it. That's why he got away with it in my mind. You can say Daryl lost his temper but that went on for a long time and Fat Joey wasn't doing anything at that moment to provoke him. Also, he was in the middle of trying to escape AND Jesus had just arrived and he still kept at it. Either Daryl is seriously fucked up and they are going to explore that in the next half or this whole arc was just stoopit and for nothing.

Daryl should have given him a few options. Either allow him to escape with them, allow him to escape on his own, knock him out, or injure him pretty badly so it looks like Fat Joey at least tried to do his job. Worse case Ontario, Negan MAYBE gives him the iron but maybe not because there was apparently NO saviors there other than Fat Joey. 1 person can't watch an entire base like that and where were all the lookouts on the roofs?

Of all the Saviors, Fat Joey seemed like he was probably the most innocent one. Not saying he's 100% innocent because he probably had to do things just to fit in but you can tell he is a lot more scared of Negan than the other Saviors like Arat or Simon. That scene where he brought Lucille to Negan he looked like he was about to piss his pants. Plus, he lets them call him Fat Joey, I can't imagine he likes being called that and Simon or Arat would never allow that to happen to them.

Daryl saying "It's not about getting by, it's about getting it all" Sure, maybe that's the case for Negan. But, maybe for some people it is just about getting by. If everyone there is at fault for who Negan is than by that logic he should go Lucille everyone in the harem. Start with Sherry.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    The whole arc made absolutely no sense. The whole time Daryl doesn't break (which made it lame to begin with) and in the final moments he apparently was Negan all along yet still being defiant? >>

The violence itself doesn't offend me as I thought it was rad when Negan was doing it but it WAS Negan doing it. That's why he got away with it in my mind. You can say Daryl lost his temper but that went on for a long time and Fat Joey wasn't doing anything at that moment to provoke him. Also, he was in the middle of trying to escape AND Jesus had just arrived and he still kept at it. Either Daryl is seriously fucked up and they are going to explore that in the next half or this whole arc was just stoopit and for nothing.

Daryl should have given him a few options. Either allow him to escape with them, allow him to escape on his own, knock him out, or injure him pretty badly so it looks like Fat Joey at least tried to do his job. Worse case Ontario, Negan MAYBE gives him the iron but maybe not because there was apparently NO saviors there other than Fat Joey. 1 person can't watch an entire base like that and where were all the lookouts on the roofs?

Of all the Saviors, Fat Joey seemed like he was probably the most innocent one. Not saying he's 100% innocent because he probably had to do things just to fit in but you can tell he is a lot more scared of Negan than the other Saviors like Arat or Simon. That scene where he brought Lucille to Negan he looked like he was about to piss his pants. Plus, he lets them call him Fat Joey, I can't imagine he likes being called that and Simon or Arat would never allow that to happen to them.

Daryl saying "It's not about getting by, it's about getting it all" Sure, maybe that's the case for Negan. But, maybe for some people it is just about getting by. If everyone there is at fault for who Negan is than by that logic he should go Lucille everyone in the harem. Start with Sherry.
    the greatest extended episode EVER would be the one where everyone in the Saviours compound got Lucille'd!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12