Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Back To Top    #21
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Level
    Unfortunately, I think she is past the point of getting further character development. I thought she would for sure get it after she showed Glenn how to filter water and he made the point that she is someone important to their group. Him noticing her potential was so cool. Now, Rosita is just an angry, bitter, kinda hardened person (understandable- considering the facts). I don't know why they have decided to keep her around only to waste her time. :(

2. Back To Top    #22
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    621 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechroboticon. View Post
    Unfortunately, I think she is past the point of getting further character development. I thought she would for sure get it after she showed Glenn how to filter water and he made the point that she is someone important to their group. Him noticing her potential was so cool. Now, Rosita is just an angry, bitter, kinda hardened person (understandable- considering the facts). I don't know why they have decided to keep her around only to waste her time. :(
    yuuuup

3. Back To Top    #23
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Level
    Actually, that A-Team/MacGyver redux last night could be considered character development. I mean who knew Roaita is a munitions expert? Frankly, I had forgotten that she showed Glenn how to filter water. Now, it all adds up. First, teach survivors to filter water, next disarm bombs, third throw shade. Everytime Roaita does something that is good, it gets overshadowed by that big chip on her shoulder and that unchecked attitude.

4. Back To Top    #24
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    621 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by beethedead View Post
    Actually, that A-Team/MacGyver redux last night could be considered character development. I mean who knew Roaita is a munitions expert? Frankly, I had forgotten that she showed Glenn how to filter water. Now, it all adds up. First, teach survivors to filter water, next disarm bombs, third throw shade. Everytime Roaita does something that is good, it gets overshadowed by that big chip on her shoulder and that unchecked attitude.
    Proper development would be the writers establishing beforehand that she was taught how to disarm explosives by Abe while on the road or at the very least mention Abe in the moment. What we got was deus ex machina Rosita. And yes I agree someone needs to tell Rosita to chill. Personally I find her attitude entertaining but she's failing with major audiences. I'm happy she's getting more to do. She's 4billion times better than her comic counterpart but the writers refuse to utilize her and Christian Serratos' full potential and instead opting to the bitchy hotheaded latina. I hope the upcoming bonding sesh with her and Sasha properly develop them both but I won't hold my breath.

5. Back To Top    #25
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Level
    Her developement is for he trash can if she continues being such a bitch

6. Back To Top    #26
    Status
    Codas, codas everywhere HonkyTonkWoman's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechroboticon. View Post
    Yep

7. Back To Top    #27
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Level
    Well, the one thing we know is that proper character development was left on the side of the road in season 5 (at least, imo) soooo,

8. Back To Top    #28
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    615 Post(s)
    Level
    To be fair, Rosita's bitchiness is justified.

Sasha is the person that ended Abe and Rosita's 2 year relationship (and 2 years in the ZA is probably like 20 years to us) and the reason why she never got to spend their final days together AND the reason why that relationship ended on such a bad note. They never really got to make up before Abe died and Rosita never stopped loving Abe. Yes, there is a war on its way and they need to be able to work together but Rosita has not proven to be hard to work with, she just isn't interested in talking to Sasha when they aren't currently doing anything. Rosita worked with Sasha to carry Abe's body, Rosita went to Hilltop to meet with Sasha to start planning the war, Rosita worked with Sasha to disarm the explosives. They just don't need to be friends. Nothing wrong with that even if Sasha didn't set out to hurt Rosita. Not everyone has to like each other.

Also, Rosita is currently dealing with the fact that she got Olivia & Spencer killed AND Eugene (her closest friend) taken and she knows it's 100% her fault. This is the first time in over 2 years that she hasn't had Eugene or Abraham with her. She is in a very dark place right now and probably super worried about Eugene who she has always protected in the past and now Eugene is all alone and she has seen what The Saviors are capable of and Eugene is such an easy target to be bullied.

Had to get that out. Needed somewhere to write that because I see a lot of Rosita hate going on. I still don't understand how she suddenly knows how to disarm explosives because it's never been mentioned that she's been in the military (just a tom boy) but her bitchiness is 100% justified in my mind. It's not like it's affecting her performance any, actually, it's lit a fire under her ass and she's stepped up a lot. They need that fire right now.

9. Back To Top    #29
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Level
    Rosita didn't get Spencer killed, that's on Spencer for trusting Negan. Yeah, she's been through a lot but who hasn't? I understand her bitterness towards Sasha, but she needs to get her priorities straight. Wanting to go off on her own from the junkyard makes no sense. They're just starting to build an army and risked their lives getting the explosives at her direction. What was the point of that if she goes off half cocked? It didn't work out very well when she went rogue and tried to kill Negan.

10. Back To Top    #30
    Status
    Team Dwerrylusional tabitha ate my stash's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Level
    I think I'll love Rosita no matter what. And as concerned as I am for her mental state right now, I'm finding her stint as a bitchy demented trigger-happy explosives expert hugely entertaining. And not just cos she's gorgeous, and firey, and badass, and...I'll stop right there.

I'm kind of dreading she's about to split from the group and go off on some wacky solo-spree. But it's lead me to start writing some really fun and appalling fan-fic concerning her possible future adventures, with a lot of filthy Spanish cursing thrown in. And it's great 'cos I've never written fan-fic for any character on TV, ever, and it's becoming this secret guilty pleasure. Thanks Rosita!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123