Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Back To Top    #11
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by beethedead View Post
    Ah, he killed for carol , could that be perceived as love of some sort? He comes to check on her and brings her food. Is that love? Romance maybe or maybe not but he has been aware of Carol and watching her since he got to ASZ. He told her he has been waching her. As for the steal reference, the whole post was a bit of snark/sarcasm . Just for the fun of it. Morgan not saying that Carol was close as hand just seemed off. Why not tell Rick he went looking for her bc of the convo he and Rick had?? I have little doubt that Carol will eventually resurface and live to kill more walkers and humans. I just don't like the toying with the inevitable...seems a bit inauthentic...if that word can be used when talking about a ZA.
    It was done so that Daryl could give little sad puppy face when he heard Carol was gone.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Level
    The reality is Daryl just found out Carol's still alive; I don't think Carol has a clue as to anyone's status on TF. No time has elapsed yet to allow either one to formulate a future. For now, Carol believes she needs to be alone, but that won't last. Daryl's eyes gave it away when he learned she was alive. You know he'll want to see her. He won't be able to keep the truth from her, because she'll see it in his eyes that there are facts he needs to tell her. I believe he will eventually do just that.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Level
    I know someone mentioned it somewhere on this forum, but I forget where the hell I saw it. They mentioned that learning about Glenn and Abe will be the catalyst that launches carol back into kill mode. As per the spoilers, we know why she wanted to hide and leave. So my question is this:
    If/when she joins the fight to take on the Saviors, will killing absolutely break her for good, or will side find peace within herself to accept it just needs to be done in certain circumstances?

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymkr10297 View Post
    I know someone mentioned it somewhere on this forum, but I forget where the hell I saw it. They mentioned that learning about Glenn and Abe will be the catalyst that launches carol back into kill mode. As per the spoilers, we know why she wanted to hide and leave. So my question is this:
    If/when she joins the fight to take on the Saviors, will killing absolutely break her for good, or will side find peace within herself to accept it just needs to be done in certain circumstances?
    This is a good question, but TBH I'm getting tired of Carol hiding out, especially from the people that love her. I know she feels she's doing it for noble reasons but I think it's selfish. Morgan is driving me crazy too. I thought he said he wouldn't force his all life is precious philosophy on anyone, but he tried to do just that with the meeting with Ezekial. IMO neither one of them are being realistic. In this world something or someone will eventually shatter that false hope.

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Level
    @Beatrice, it only took 5 days to get back to this!!! You forced me to contemplate my snark. So here goes:
    What would canon be for Daryl, since hehas no comic book source material from which to draw? His existence breaks canon. If canon is thehistory of the show (let’s go with that) and we are talking emotionalattachment; then, Carol and Daryl’s have an emotional attachment that is clear.The debatable point is whether that attachment is romantic or not. As you state in your AWESOME quote fromTolstoy, emotional attachment is labeled as love. OK. They love each other, ofthat I have no doubt. Do we worry about others ‘stealing our affections”? Yup. Jealously,is not limited to romance. One can feel insecurity about his/her importance asa friend or as an influence in another’s life. Perhaps, having Carol all to himself;Morgan feels he is better able to influence and indoctrinate her. This is notunlike Eastman and Morgan, isolated and connected in their pain. As for Tobinand Carol, well, who knows what that was…lust…convenience…someone who saw heras a woman. Sorry, I digress. Morgan not telling Daryl bc he wants to keepCarol to himself, in the context outlined above it is plausible as these twocharacters are paired in their arc right now. TWD does that sets characters upon a similar path and have them have routes at the fork in the road or developa deep understanding based a past hurts. Daryl and Carol emotional connection wasbased on the shared terrain of abuse. Morgan and Carol are journey mates nowbecause of the conundrum of the mantra “don’t kill” in a world that seems todemand that as the Governor says, “….you kill or you die or you die and you kill…”.Now, knock off taking me serous in any conversation about Carol or Morgan’slove life…LOL!

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    621 Post(s)
    Morgan jealous of Daryl? WTF?!?! Some people are smoking some good shit.

7. Back To Top    #17
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Level
    Well he didn't tell her, but I understand why now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12