26 74.29%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #11
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Level
    Simon is by far the better character. IMO he's the best villain that the shows ever had. Negan's a cartoon character while I can actually see people following someone like Simon.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Level
    Negan is so over the top with the monologues and comes off as cartoonish. Simon is much more terrifying because Ogg brings some crazy to his character.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    601 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Diseman81 View Post
    Simon is by far the better character. IMO he's the best villain that the shows ever had. Negan's a cartoon character while I can actually see people following someone like Simon.
    Merle & Shane still rank above him. At least for now, it could always change but I have a feeling that the writers don't have big plans for Simon, unfortunately. If you can't kill Negan, you need someone you can kill. :/

Also, I'd still rank The Governor above Simon, just because of how much material he has been given. Ogg is awesome but there is only so much you can do with very little material. Joe, W and Gareth could have been great but they never did enough. Pete and Dawn sukt.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Merle & Shane still rank above him. At least for now, it could always change but I have a feeling that the writers don't have big plans for Simon, unfortunately. If you can't kill Negan, you need someone you can kill. :/

Also, I'd still rank The Governor above Simon, just because of how much material he has been given. Ogg is awesome but there is only so much you can do with very little material. Joe, W and Gareth could have been great but they never did enough. Pete and Dawn sukt.
    Merle's my favorite character that's ever been on the show, but I don't ever really think of him as a villain. I guess that's because he had some redemption in the end. Arguments definitely can be made for Shane and The Governor, but they were characters that I never personally cared much for.

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Level
    I have to go with Simon even though I'm not too fond of the character yet. As already stated, Negan is cartoonish, over the top and plain annoying. Every time he breaks into monologue I get immediately exhausted. I can't for the life of me figure out how these people decided to follow this fucker at the start. Sure, he's scary, but only because he has the numbers right now - if he didn't, he'd be completely weak. Imagine a 'Governor' scenario where he happens upon a settlement by himself, takes over, and people feel naturally inclined to follow him. Nope, can't see it.
    Is it the acting, the writing or the characterization? Fuck knows, I just don't like it.

Simon on the other hand is intimidating and doesn't resort to off topic shit-talk to 'scare' people. I like that. It's what I enjoy seeing in my kind of villains, but alas. Not the best villain the show has had, but unlike Negan, when Simon comes on, I'm thinking "Oh shit's 'bout to go down".

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post

Where's the love for Andrew? He set the events in motion that killed T-Dog and forced Lori to give birth in less than ideal circumstances. Forced Rick into that delusional state. He had a major hand in shaping that half of the season. All done in one episode too.

7. Back To Top    #17
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    601 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Diseman81 View Post
    Merle's my favorite character that's ever been on the show, but I don't ever really think of him as a villain. I guess that's because he had some redemption in the end. Arguments definitely can be made for Shane and The Governor, but they were characters that I never personally cared much for.
    Merle was still a villain in S1 and most of S3. Also, his cameo in S2.

In the comics...
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by hoogie View Post
    Where's the love for Andrew? He set the events in motion that killed T-Dog and forced Lori to give birth in less than ideal circumstances. Forced Rick into that delusional state. He had a major hand in shaping that half of the season. All done in one episode too.
    You can find the love of Andrew with Carol's forgotten medic storyline.

8. Back To Top    #18
    Status
    Judiths Anger Translator Rolexus's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Level
    Negan's devolved into a live action Snidely Whiplash whose signature mustache twirling has been replaced by a beat-to-death schtick of Negan flashing a shit-eating grin post-abusing that's more smarmy than menacing. Come to think of it that's sort of how RK looks when trolling loyal TWD fans during interviews. Part of the problem as I see it is they've given JDM so little wiggle room to flesh out the character outstanding beyond the dogma of RK's unholy scripture.

Simon, by contrast, proves the writer's room can create a new character from whole cloth when they're allowed to break the chains of GN canon. To Ogg's credit, he has embraced this freedom & transformed what could have been just a generic henchman into a bad guy you love to love. He's the best thing about S7 & if he dies let's riot.

9. Back To Top    #19
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Level
    Simon portrays a legitimately intimidating OG villain... Plain and simple this makes him 100% better than Negan and JDM... I am sure Simon will die for Negan's sins but then we can start the Simon worship and move away from this Bethus nonsense...

10. Back To Top    #20
    Status
    The Misfortune Teller Witchy Woman's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Level
    Simon for sure. He's just such a great bad guy, and I still think Trevor Phillips is one of the best video game characters ever thanks to him.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast