Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    But everyone knew her as Nancy Beatrice's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    1269 Post(s)
    Level

DWERRY! Because Who Wants to Call Them Shight?

They may be "divorced", but that doesn't mean it wasn't true love! Is it still? Do you care?

I do!

What a journey they've had, from taking the risk of rescuing Sherry's sister from an unwanted marriage to Negan in order to preserve her life to returning to The Sanctuary and throwing themselves upon the mercy of He Who Has NONE, they've both made horrible sacrifices to ensure the safety of the other.

What's next for these two lovebirds? I suspect it's in the cards that we will find out.

Here's to Dwerry!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Level
    Right now, Dwight is my least favorite character. I like Sherry, I don't think he deserves her. I haven't been reading spoilers, so maybe I'll change my mind.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1269 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Dee View Post
    Right now, Dwight is my least favorite character. I like Sherry, I don't think he deserves her. I haven't been reading spoilers, so maybe I'll change my mind.
    He does have the worst hair on the show IMO. Talk about needing a shampoo and trim!

I hate what he did to Denise and Daryl and that he's part of the Saviors, but I also realize he and Sherry both struck a Faustian Bargain in order to keep each other alive. As bad as they knew Negan to be, though, I'm not sure they could possibly fathom the impact of holding up their end of the bargain.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    He does have the worst hair on the show IMO. Talk about needing a shampoo and trim!

I hate what he did to Denise and Daryl and that he's part of the Saviors, but I also realize he and Sherry both struck a Faustian Bargain in order to keep each other alive. As bad as they knew Negan to be, though, I'm not sure they could possibly fathom the impact of holding up their end of the bargain.
    I hate what he did to them too. But, the reason I hate him is for shooting his friend in the back and turning him into a walker and bringing him back to the sanctuary. His friend wanted Dwight to put him out of his misery by shooting him in the head. He should've done that and told Negan he found him eaten by walkers or something, or didn't find him at all.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1269 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Dee View Post
    I hate what he did to them too. But, the reason I hate him is for shooting his friend in the back and turning him into a walker and bringing him back to the sanctuary. His friend wanted Dwight to put him out of his misery by shooting him in the head. He should've done that and told Negan he found him eaten by walkers or something, or didn't find him at all.
    What he did to his friend was pretty hateworthy, along with just about everything else we've seen him do since returning to Negan.

Here's the deal, though. Shit has already hit the fan in the Sanctuary because of Daryl's escape. We all suspect shit is REALLY going to hit the fan between the Sanctuary and other communities, sooner or later. Dwight and Sherry are in precarious positions due to their love and loyalty to each other and the sacrifices and pretty immoral choices (Sherry ratted out Amber's infidelity to Negan) they've made in the interests of keeping their own (hence, each other's) safety preserved. Will they stand together or apart? Will the love that conquers all elevate them or send them deeper into the abyss? Is there a line one or both of them will not cross for each other?

How could something as good as love require the doing of so much evil? Will this continue?

Who knows?

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    457 Post(s)
    I like them both. But that is NOT stopping me from calling them Shight! Best. Ship name. Ever.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1269 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by John Dixon View Post
    I like them both. But that is NOT stopping me from calling them Shight! Best. Ship name. Ever.
    I know. I REALLY wanted to do it.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Level
    I just hope Sherry doesn't have or develop Lori syndrome... Like she didn't expect Dwight (Rick) to have to kill people to survive and made a decision that led to said killing. You know the usual moral police argument of this show.

I would find it interesting if she made a pass on the great asexual known as Daryl Dixon (since he reminds her of the cool Dwight that we have never really seen on screen). Someone has got to break that diamond covered cherry at some point... Sharyl or Derry would work there I suppose (perhaps I will make a Derry thread...)

They should have just gone with Daryl to begin with, given they may have been killed unless placed in hiding appropriately. I liked Dwight in the comic much better than the show. I still feel like he was not cast super well...imo BUT in the comic Sherry eventually broke up with him anyway so perhaps it is not meant to be in the ZA...

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1269 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Herbs View Post
    I just hope Sherry doesn't have or develop Lori syndrome... Like she didn't expect Dwight (Rick) to have to kill people to survive and made a decision that led to said killing. You know the usual moral police argument of this show.
    Gosh, Lori infuriated me with that. I think Sherry would infuriate me more, though, after all this time. Lori was new to the changing civilization of the ZA. Sherry knows the score with Negan, so if she gets po'd with Dwight because she doesn't like what it is Dwight has to do to keep both of them safe, I will be disappointed. It's not that I have any love or respect for Dwight, but I do appreciate the magnitude of his feelings for her in order to do what he has to do. Besides, he hasn't turned on her, even after seeing the manifestation of her decision to offer herself to Negan in exchange for his life (the negative pregnancy test).

I would find it interesting if she made a pass on the great asexual known as Daryl Dixon (since he reminds her of the cool Dwight that we have never really seen on screen). Someone has got to break that diamond covered cherry at some point... Sharyl or Derry would work there I suppose (perhaps I will make a Derry thread...)
    I'm not one who thinks Daryl is asexual. I just think he's so guarded that he doesn't want that closeness and will only give in once his emotions pull him in that direction. I think it'll change when/if he finds the right woman. I'm certainly not opposed to Derry, but I think Dwerry needs to play out, first. No reason except I think there's going to be a richness in the Dwerry dynamic that I'd like to savor before/if things change for Dwerry.

I'll play in your thread, though, if you make it. Sharyl, Derry, (Durry), Shedix, whatever. Sounds like fun!

They should have just gone with Daryl to begin with, given they may have been killed unless placed in hiding appropriately. I liked Dwight in the comic much better than the show. I still feel like he was not cast super well...imo BUT in the comic Sherry eventually broke up with him anyway so perhaps it is not meant to be in the ZA...
    Ain't that the truth though! I didn't read the comics, but thanks to you and other comics readers and the comics spoiler threads, I feel like I've been spared!

Honestly, their decision not to go with Daryl is mind boggling, considering the devil they knew in Negan put Lucifer to shame. Daryl helped them immensely, despite their treating him like shit. Only plot driven people would do something like that, not characters in a living, breathing arc.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    449 Post(s)
    Level
    I haven't been drawn in to sympathize with the plight of these 2 lovebirds. I had a few sad moments during the scene in the stairwell but I really couldn't get past the fact that they both knew what they were going back to and chose it over being together and being free, not to mention Daryl gave them a golden opportunity for a shot at something different.

So, in light of my feelings, I think I prefer Shight lol but happy shipping.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast