Forgot your username?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1248 Post(s)
    Level

Austin Amelio Wants Dwight To Betray Negan (contains Comic Spoilers)

I had a hard time deciding where to put this article, but decided on Speculation.
    Negan is pushing Dwight really far on The Walking Dead. In fact, Negan might be pushing Dwight too far. He already stole his wife and burned his face but repeatedly belittling and having him beaten might be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

In Sunday's Hostiles and Calamities episode, Dwight paid for Daryl's escape. We learned that it came from Sherry's aid, which Dwight ultimately covered up to protect the woman who left him for Negan. He lied to Negan and got another man killed, along the way.

Why did he do that?

According to Amelio, Dwight has a bigger plan.

Spoiler Spoiler:

"I would love to do that, man," Amelio said.

http://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2017/02/27/the-walking-dead-will-dwight-betray-negan-/

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Waiting for Aaron to get more screentime.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Level
    Yes! Yes! Yes!

Get him, Dwight!

Austin Amelio sounds like a cool dude.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Level
    At this point, I don't see Dwight as redeemable. I haven't seen any signs that he'll betray Negan yet and it will seem forced to me if it happens.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Dee View Post
    At this point, I don't see Dwight as redeemable. I haven't seen any signs that he'll betray Negan yet and it will seem forced to me if it happens.
    Signs such as those pissed off looks that he gives Negan every other second and the fact that he not only burned half of his face but stole his wife? Not forced to me at all. If someone like Merle or Shane can be redeemed in the fans eyes than so can Dwight.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Level
    Agree with @SnuffVille. Sorry, @Dead Dee, but this would not be forced whatsoever. They have been dropping hints since last season. Hell, since Dwight's introduction. (Which is the same season, I think...it was an awful, forgettable episode, but nonetheless it established his unwillingness from the get-go.)

Redeemable is subjective - I lean on the fact that while the doctor meant well, he was kind of a dick (unintentionally) to Dwight. Also repeating about the fact they are not allowed to have "big hearts." The foreshadowing of his death was heavy. Dwight definitely threw him under the bus, to his death, but that is kind of the normal world according to the Saviors' lifestyle. And he already has one foot out so...

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Maggies ripped and shredded uterus Anton69's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Level
    Hey Austin wants to see the story move along.............NO SHIT

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Anton69 View Post
    Hey Austin wants to see the story move along.............NO SHIT
    Ha. This is actually the one b-sub-plot I'm okay with the pace thus far. Now is the time to hype it up, but gotta say it had a good setup. Although the individual episodes sucked, if you take just this story line from them, it is not that bad. Execution is everything though.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Special_K View Post
    Ha. This is actually the one b-sub-plot I'm okay with the pace thus far. Now is the time to hype it up, but gotta say it had a good setup. Although the individual episodes sucked, if you take just this story line from them, it is not that bad. Execution is everything though.
    I have to say though that Hostiles and Calamities was probably my first or second favorite episode of this season. But then again I might be partial to it because of the Dwight development but whatever.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Level
    There's so many things Dwight has done that make me think he's not redeemable. First of all, why didn't he and Sherry go with Daryl to Alexandria? They chose to return to Negan knowing what he was and what might happen to them. Was it out of fear that the consequences would be worse if they were found with another group? Then when Negan sent Dwight to find that guy who left, who was Dwights friend, he shot him in the back and turned him into a walker and brought him back. That was cruel, and he should have shot him in the head and put him out of his misery like he asked. It pissed me off when Dwight poured out Rositas canteen. I know it's a small thing and he wanted to make sure she came back soon, but it was dickish nonetheless. Last of all, why didn't he just keep going and look for Sherry? He chose to return to the his "sanctuary" again. Of course, let's not forget he killed Denise even though it was meant for Daryl.

I hope my my mind gets changed on Dwight and he does redeem himself. It's happened before with other characters, my mind is open.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Dee View Post
    There's so many things Dwight has done that make me think he's not redeemable. First of all, why didn't he and Sherry go with Daryl to Alexandria? They chose to return to Negan knowing what he was and what might happen to them. Was it out of fear that the consequences would be worse if they were found with another group? Then when Negan sent Dwight to find that guy who left, who was Dwights friend, he shot him in the back and turned him into a walker and brought him back. That was cruel, and he should have shot him in the head and put him out of his misery like he asked. It pissed me off when Dwight poured out Rositas canteen. I know it's a small thing and he wanted to make sure she came back soon, but it was dickish nonetheless. Last of all, why didn't he just keep going and look for Sherry? He chose to return to the his "sanctuary" again. Of course, let's not forget he killed Denise even though it was meant for Daryl.

I hope my my mind gets changed on Dwight and he does redeem himself. It's happened before with other characters, my mind is open.
    I agree! I don't understand why they didn't go to Alexandria the first time. I get they may be hesitant about the place and people, but anything would have been preferable than going back to Negan at that point. Or just leaving on their own.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast