Thread: Hello Everyone

1. Back To Top    #11
    Status
    Team Dwerrylusional tabitha ate my stash's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Level
    Welcome @CraigF92. I love Scotland - after living and working there (mainly Glasgow) for 8 months or so. I had the best time & still miss everything about it. Especially the fun and cheeky way people communicate with each other.

There's mountains of Rick fandom here....aaand I see you're already finding your way around the relevant forums lol. Glad to have you here...Hope you enjoy it!

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    Hello @CraigF92 from Scotland. I immediately thought of Craig Ferguson when I read your intro.

Welcome to the forum!
    I could be Craig Ferguson....

Quote Originally Posted by shrike View Post
    Welcome @CraigF92 Are you a haggis fan? I love it!
    I certainly am! Love the stuff!

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Level

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1248 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigF92 View Post
    I could be Craig Ferguson....

I certainly am! Love the stuff!
    The secret of who you could be is safe with us! Haggis, ugh. For decades I had friends who threw a Bobby Burns Bash every January and, yes, haggis was on the menu. Knowing what it was, I stayed away from it. People who love it, love it. I would have to wait for a ZA to try it, though.

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Level
    The secret of who you could be is safe with us! Haggis, ugh. For decades I had friends who threw a Bobby Burns Bash every January and, yes, haggis was on the menu. Knowing what it was, I stayed away from it. People who love it, love it. I would have to wait for a ZA to try it, though.
    Haha well maybe that could be sooner rather than later with all the crazy world leaders around! DT....

Quote Originally Posted by tabitha ate my stash View Post
    Welcome @CraigF92. I love Scotland - after living and working there (mainly Glasgow) for 8 months or so. I had the best time & still miss everything about it. Especially the fun and cheeky way people communicate with each other.

There's mountains of Rick fandom here....aaand I see you're already finding your way around the relevant forums lol. Glad to have you here...Hope you enjoy it!
    Scotland really is a wonderful place. So beautiful. So cold as well.... Haha.

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Hi Craig enjoy! Been to the UK a couple times never made it to Scotland. Desperately want to go, heard brilliant stuff from friends, adore the accent! Sorry cliche coming but have devoured Billy Connolly's 'World Tour of Scotland' and seen him preform live a couple times here. Sorry 'Scottish fan girling' but Ceud měle fŕilte. OK now officially a wanker ... you're welcome :-)

7. Back To Top    #17
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Level
    Scotland really is a wonderful place. So beautiful. So cold as well.... Haha.
    Stop it. You're making me feel homesick, lol. You call that cold? Scotland's just 'temperate' man! It's like the perfect climate. The chill, the mist, the fact it's always overcast and just a little bit drizzly...

It's when the sun comes out things get weird. The thermometer hits 13C and suddenly all these lads...who've spent all winter chugging special brew...start pulling up deckchairs in the wee front gardens of their tenements, and commence topless sunbathing. About 15 minutes later, they're glowing bright pink.

Where I come from, the sun's so bloody dangerous, they give you a bravery award for that.

@Beatrice, I tried haggis in Edinburgh a couple of times and it was one of the most delicious meals I had whilst in the UK. I think the trick is, find a good eatery, and don't think about the ingredients - just enjoy it!

8. Back To Top    #18
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1248 Post(s)
    Level
    Stop it. You're making me feel homesick, lol. You call that cold? Scotland's just 'temperate' man! It's like the perfect climate. The chill, the mist, the fact it's always overcast and just a little bit drizzly...

It's when the sun comes out things get weird. The thermometer hits 13C and suddenly all these lads...who've spent all winter chugging special brew...start pulling up deckchairs in the wee front gardens of their tenements, and commence topless sunbathing. About 15 minutes later, they're glowing bright pink.

Where I come from, the sun's so bloody dangerous, they give you a bravery award for that.

@Beatrice, I tried haggis in Edinburgh a couple of times and it was one of the most delicious meals I had whilst in the UK. I think the trick is, find a good eatery, and don't think about the ingredients - just enjoy it!
    I'll take your word for it! I prefer to remember the haggis as the basis of many annual Bobby Burns Bashes right here in Dallas, Texas, where scotch flowed (and was drunk before it hit the floor), the haggis was paraded behind a bagpiper, and Burns's "Address to a Haggis" was read before almost everybody partook!

I dunno, maybe I just didn't drink enough scotch...

9. Back To Top    #19
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Level
    I'll take your word for it! I prefer to remember the haggis as the basis of many annual Bobby Burns Bashes right here in Dallas, Texas, where scotch flowed (and was drunk before it hit the floor), the haggis was paraded behind a bagpiper, and Burns's "Address to a Haggis" was read before almost everybody partook!

I dunno, maybe I just didn't drink enough scotch...
    I didn't know you were from Dallas, Beatrice! Actually I can't believe I've never been to a Robbie Burns Bash. My local Robbie Burns Hotel in Melbourne has been tragically converted into a Spanish pub (and I'm no fan of that cuisine after overstaying my welcome in Madrid by a good 12 months).

I barely venture outside during January in Oz due to the insane heat, and 25 Jan (R Burns Day) unfortunately also falls on the eve of the stupidest day of the year (I believe it's referred to as Idiots Day) where we convicts are supposed to celebrate the anniversary of being sent down to this shitty hellhole in 100F heat. As you may have detected, I am not the greatest patriot - hence my flying of the Dutch tricolour. (Actually I might change that ;)

As for your experience, I refuse to put it down to the consumption (of even lack) of fine Scotch, but perhaps the fact you were attending more of a celebratory event, rather than an evening of fine dining. And, of course, not all Haggis are equal.

Maybe the little hagglets weren't raised in the wild or organically farmed, unlike these little darlings:

10. Back To Top    #20
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1248 Post(s)
    Level
    I didn't know you were from Dallas, Beatrice! Actually I can't believe I've never been to a Robbie Burns Bash. My local Robbie Burns Hotel in Melbourne has been tragically converted into a Spanish pub (and I'm no fan of that cuisine after overstaying my welcome in Madrid by a good 12 months).

I barely venture outside during January in Oz due to the insane heat, and 25 Jan (R Burns Day) unfortunately also falls on the eve of the stupidest day of the year (I believe it's referred to as Idiots Day) where we convicts are supposed to celebrate the anniversary of being sent down to this shitty hellhole in 100F heat. As you may have detected, I am not the greatest patriot - hence my flying of the Dutch tricolour. (Actually I might change that ;)

As for your experience, I refuse to put it down to the consumption (of even lack) of fine Scotch, but perhaps the fact you were attending more of a celebratory event, rather than an evening of fine dining. And, of course, not all Haggis are equal.

Maybe the little hagglets weren't raised in the wild or organically farmed, unlike these little darlings:

http://sdfoodtravel.com/wp-content/u...of_557x377.jpg
    Yes, ma'am! I'm from Big D, home of the Dallas Cowboys and neighbor of Jerryworld! We named the celebration after Bobby Burns for the alliterative effect, but our hosts (long time dead now) were first generation Americans of Scottish descent who used an authentic recipe they worked hard over! Scottish formal attire was worn by the men, and all kinds of delectables were available for consumption!

You've been around!

Texas will be "enjoying" your 100+F weather soon enough, and you can complain about how cold it is to jealous me when that time comes. A July 4 ski trip to Chile is on my bucket list!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Spoil The Dead is the largest & number one fansite for AMC's The Walking Dead & Fear The Walking Dead, Image Comic's The Walking Dead, and the Telltale Games. Offering spoilers, games, and community to fans & zombie enthusiasts.