Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Level

Whose Side is Eugene On?

After last night, I don't know what the hell to think of Eugene. Is he relishing his new role as Chief Engineer for Negan and finally feeling appreciated? As we know he's a coward and maybe he feels the Sanctuary is the safest place to be. Does he have something up his sleeve to take down Negan from the inside? I really hope the last one is true, because we've seen hair cut step up for TF in the past and I hope he will again.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Level
    As of right now, I don't think Eugene has a plan to help TF. However, as the war goes on that will probably change.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    We could arrange to have you carried. AdamUpBxtch's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    700 Post(s)
    Level
    If Eugene escaped it'd do more harm then good. It'd be like the Daryl situation. They'd come looking for Eugene and probably kill more people in the process. Eugene is probably playing the long con here. If he was truly "Negan" he would of started screaming for help when he saw Rosita & Sasha. When he was talking over the radio earlier while Rosita & Sasha were waiting around he kept awkwardly adding that he is in fact Negan, and it didn't sound genuine at all.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Level
    Whatever side Gimpy feels like giving him that day.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Level
    Eugene's out for himself right now IMO. I do think he likes the role of Chief Engineer and the power he now has, but above all he feels safe because he's needed. I don't know if he is playing the long con here. I definitely don't think he buys into the whole "Negan" thing, but there really isn't anything holding him to the group, especially with Abe dead, and he's just looking out for himself.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    615 Post(s)
    Level
    If Eugene left he would have been a wanted man, just like Daryl and 2 Alexandrians escaping is not a coincidence and Alexandria isn't ready for the war yet.

Eugene being at the Sanctuary can cause more damage than him being at Alexandria. Eugene can't fight. But he can be an inside man and gain Negan's trust. Sure, he could be making bullets but with the war just around the corner I don't think Eugene has the time to do that anyways.

I'm seeing some people blame Eugene for what could happen to Sasha but people are forgetting that Rosita & Sasha didn't go there for Eugene. They were there to kill Negan.

Quote Originally Posted by Diseman81 View Post
    Eugene's out for himself right now IMO. I do think he likes the role of Chief Engineer and the power he now has, but above all he feels safe because he's needed. I don't know if he is playing the long con here. I definitely don't think he buys into the whole "Negan" thing, but there really isn't anything holding him to the group, especially with Abe dead, and he's just looking out for himself.
    I think it's a little bit of both. I don't think he has a plan up his sleeve but he is waiting for the right moment. He's not going to forget what Negan did to his friends. Abe is the only reason Eugene is alive today and I bet it eats at Eugene that he couldn't save him after all Abe did for him.

I don't think Eugene is Team Negan or anything like that. If anything he's Team Eugene and he's using Negan but don't think he has forgotten anything.

The show just has terrible writers that are trying their hardest to make you think he's turned. Instead of making you wonder what side he truly is on, they are trying really hard to make you think he's turned. It's just so obvious in the writing. Negan hugging Eugene for example. Have we ever seen Negan hug anyone? LOL.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Level
    I think he's there purely as a device for the writers to use during All Out War.

There's obviously a reason why they're keeping him there.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    I think he's settled back into a comfort zone, to a degree. His entire story with Abe and Rosita was a lie. He told a lie because he's smart, he knew he wasn't capable of doing what needed to be done to survive, so he told a lie and gained bodyguards, and eventually they became friends.

he's back in a situation where nobody knows him. They don't know anything about him. So he can do the same thing he did with Abraham....build himself up, make himself seem important and useful...and he's smart enough to pull it off. Sure he could put up some kind of fight or show some loyalty to Rick and crew...but what would that do for him? Get him killed? Tortured?

I don't think he's turned his back on anyone, necessarily....I think he's surviving. And he's doing it in a way that works for him. I think it's safe to say that, eventually, Eugene will pull something off that will aid Alexandria in a big way. he'll have his moment.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Level
    My hope is Eugene is taking his time settling in and gaining the trust of everyone at the Sanctuary....especially Negan's so that when the inevitable confrontation happens, his fake loyalty to the Saviors will benefit TF. I could be wrong but I just don't see Eugene seriously pledging allegiance to Negan after what happened to Abe.

Another thought is that that Eugene doesn't know that Rick has changed his tune and is getting ready to fight(does he?). He also has seen what happens to other people in the community when one stands up to Negan. If he refuses to help Negan, someone else could pay the price. That said, I do think there's a little part of Eugene that likes feeling important and useful.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Level
    Whatever team he's on hopefully it leads to his death

If he's Team Negan and Team Family wins..kill him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast