Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Level

Rate and Review the Second Half of Season 7

The first half of the season was not well received to say the least. Did episodes 9 through 16 right the ship, or are you still left wanting more? How would you have gone about presenting the episodes?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Level
    The first half of the season was about to our group adjusting to life under Negan, about being forced into submission. Couple that with the fact that the episodes focused on only one community at a time, bringing the plot to a near standstill, and 7A was always doomed to fail.

7B, I thought, was better. The events of the MSF brought Rick's group from a position of submission to one of resistance, and then future episodes focused on bringing together a coalition, which involved watching the other communities go through something that changed their minds (Carol learning about Glenn/Abraham, Morgan/Ezekiel losing Benjamin). It all ended with the start of war in the finale, with great setup for more battles to come in season 8.

I gave it an 8.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Level
    I gave it a 2. Too much Negan. Fuck Negan

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Queen Rose of The Kingdom Carl's Right Eye's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    I tend to agree with @zombitkitten, Negan is more cartoonish than Shiva, a fake tiger. A little of Negan goes a long way. That said, I have enjoyed the second half of the season and the finale was great.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Level
    I rated the second half a 7.
    There were certainly a few clunkers in the back half but I could feel the excitement sparking in these eight episodes.
    Plus? That finale hyped me up for Season 8.
    If it wasn't for The Scavengers and the Richonne episode?
    This back half would have been pretty much perfect.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Level
    6/10 Overall 7B was far better than 7A. There were far more solid episodes and the finale was excellent. By no means does 7B make up for the many problems that we're all familiar with from this season, but I'm more excited for season 8 now than I ever thought I would've been a few weeks ago. I'm sure that as soon as next season rolls around I'll be pissed every time I see Negan and everything he does to annoy the hell out of me, but as of now they managed to pull me back in.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    I gave it a 7 and IMO this is my favorite Scott Gimple season so far for whatever that's worth. But it's a 7 for a reason; this season was full of flaws IMO, so flawed that I just read spoilers for a couple of episodes and didn't even bother watching them. That finale was pretty epic, though.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    457 Post(s)
    6.5/7 I'm not really sure. I want to give it a 7 but there was a lot of stuff I would have liked them to that they didn't. They need more Maggie. I would have loved to see just one god damned scene of Jesus kicking some ass the same way as in the comic. Jadis and the other main GPK liviing turned me off. They have no business being on this show anymore than they had to be. The Richonne ep slowed down the good progress of Hostiles and Calamities. Negan is OK when they're not making him go over the top. But he seems to almost always have to be more annoying than interesting. I wanted more Simon and Arat.

But all-in-all it was a much better back half than anything season sux had to offer. And I will admit that I'm already more interested for season 8 than I was for season 7. But not as interested as I was earlier in the shows run. I don't think they'll ever be able to make me as excited for the show as I once used to be.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Level
    I rate it a seven. The first half of the season dragged on for me; it was very clunky with the switching in-between communities. As we continued into the latter half, though, it began to improve once more. Though the amount of Negan was excessive, we saw Rick slowly begin to rise up from a position of subservience and the subsequent alliances being formed against the Saviors, and I really liked that.

I have a lot of hopes for season eight, especially after what the finale gave us. Hoping that we see more of Maggie. Hoping we see some tension between Tara, Daryl, and Dwight. Hoping we see more of those epic battle scenes. We have a lot of setup for this season, and I am a lot more excited going into eight than I was going into seven.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I gave it a 7, but if you were to split it up into two blocks, eps 9-12 and 13-16, I would give 9-12 a 4 and 13-16 a 9.5. Those last 4 were a great string of episodes, the best since 9-12 of season 6

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast