Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    621 Post(s)
    Level

Negan Backstory A-coming Next Season. No Doubt About It. *Comic Spoilers*

They have to stretch All Out War for eight episodes. The material, both comic and original, are as follows:

Sanctuary Vs. Kingdom
    Saviors Grenade attack on Alexandria
    Alexandria Vs Scavengers
    Oceanside weapon consequences (or more people to fight in the war)
    Final Battle at The Hilltop

A lot of these episodes are probably going to require higher than the average budget. So we're probably going to get 2-3 filler/slower character dev episodes. What better time to give us a story about Negan? I'm honestly interested to see it. Now the placement will probably be similar to The Governor. Episodes 6 and 7 most likely. Probably talking to someone about why he is the way he is. Not sure if this would be more appropriate AFTER the way. Talking to Carl about it from his cell. Hm.

Either way he can either:

- Talk to a savior, prob Dwight (or captured leverage like Morgan) about it while waiting to attack Hilltop
    - Talk to Carl about it while captured.

Either is fine but I honestly think it'll be 8A because of how little material we have left for AOW.

Thoughts?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm sure they will. It follows their typical format for introducing villains. I wouldn't mind that for one episode, although that's a lot of Negan.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Level
    Getting only 2-3 episodes of filler would be great! But it will likely be more than that - probably around 6, regardless of the budgetary needs, because that is TWD's modus operandi. I wish they would just make the season shorter, but that won't happen because AMC is a greedy SOB.

Adding the plot points you list plus 6 episodes of filler - that will give them roughly 11. Throw in some more set-up through recent character changes that have a likelihood of being enjoyable (e.g., Dwight, Eugene, and maybe, just maybe Maggie with Gregory at the hilltop), and they could stretch this into 16 episodes.

I see AOW lasting throughout S8. Negan's capture will happen at the end and then we will get his backstory as he sits in his cell with Carl in early S9. Now I don't want AOW to last that long, and they don't have enough material (or money) to do it properly, but they will find a way by mixing in things like filler and maybe some of the "other" I listed above.

I personally don't care about Negan's backstory because I am not the biggest fan of his TV adaptation, but it will be necessary to make him a more well-rounded character for future plots. Personally, I would rather they just kill him.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Level
    I haven't read the comics, but I have heard that Rick and his army attack the Sanctuary. That wasn't in your list of battles, did I hear wrong? I know this is speculation at this point, but I'm hoping for a surprise attack on the sanctuary in AOW.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    602 Post(s)
    Level
    I would expect the Negan backstory to take place in the second half of S8. Yknow, when he's locked up so they can actually have JDM do something. You say that there is little content in 8A but you are forgetting there is even less in the time jump arc. Assuming they don't touch the Whisperers until S9.

I have some ideas for slower character development episodes though that would make sense because most people are going to be involved in the war and slowing down the war is not something you can do. Once it starts there is no stopping it.

1. Eugene
    We'll likely get another Eugene episode since he's not directly involved in the war. Dwight and others from The Sanctuary could be involved in this as well. Maybe this is the episode when Dwight and Eugene start working together.

2. Oceanside
    I was thinking if they decide to not kill Oceanside I had an idea of maybe Maggie, Jesus and Tara and some other people from Hilltop going there to try to recruit them one last time while The Kingdom & Alexandria are off taking out Savior outposts. This time they could tell them how they won their first battle at Alexandria and Maggie is pregnant and still fighting so they have no excuse. It would be character development +1 for Maggie as a leader if she is the one that convinces them to join.

3. Gregory vs. Maggie
    Then there is the possibility of Negan and/or Simon telling Gregory to poison Maggie to prove his loyalty and you can have an episode of that at Hilltop. Maybe Maggie brings all of the people from Oceanside back to Hilltop to get ready and that is when Gregory tries to take her out leading to him being hanged. Thing is, they are already too deep in to the Maggie/Gregory feud to drag this out several years so they basically have to end it in 8A.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Dee View Post
    I haven't read the comics, but I have heard that Rick and his army attack the Sanctuary. That wasn't in your list of battles, did I hear wrong? I know this is speculation at this point, but I'm hoping for a surprise attack on the sanctuary in AOW.
    They do but it's mostly just a set up for Holly which has already happened. It's not really even a battle though. They basically just trap Negan inside of The Sanctuary. I'm not sure if they'll do it on the show because they might be afraid of it making Negan look weak by having him hide.

It never really does go anywhere though. If I remember correctly I think they just leave and start going after Savior outposts.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    It would be better if it's done as flashbacks when he's sat somewhere with alot of time on his hands giving him a chance to reflect on his life. Also i hope it's better than Here's Negan

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Level
    I hope a Negan backstory that also features Simon happens because I feel like they've known each other since at least the beginning of the outbreak.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    602 Post(s)
    Level
    That would be cool. Specially if Simon dies in the S8 MSF they can have him back in at least 1 episode in the back half.

It does feel like Simon and Negan have known each other before The Saviors. Maybe not before the ZA but before The Saviors happened because there seems to be a certain level of respect Negan has for Simon that he doesn't have for others. He doesn't mock Simon like he does everyone else and it seems like Simon has no interest in being the leader even though I'm sure there are people that would rather have Simon lead than Negan.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Level
    If I had to guess, I'd say they would show us his backstory while he's being held captive in Morgan's prison cell. That's how I always imagined it anyway.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    That would be cool. Specially if Simon dies in the S8 MSF they can have him back in at least 1 episode in the back half.

It does feel like Simon and Negan have known each other before The Saviors. Maybe not before the ZA but before The Saviors happened because there seems to be a certain level of respect Negan has for Simon that he doesn't have for others. He doesn't mock Simon like he does everyone else and it seems like Simon has no interest in being the leader even though I'm sure there are people that would rather have Simon lead than Negan.
    I would like it if Simon and Dwight both became team Rick.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast