Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #11
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    527 Post(s)
    Level
    From Not Dead Sisters/Family on Facebook -

Thx for sending me this info (Didn't have the ok to say but you know who you are.)
    Do Not Mow signs in Hampton on Ga-20 which is the same place they disarmed the explosives and did the major walker clothes line.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Another writers strike, they should just replace Gimple if that goes down.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    527 Post(s)
    Level
    From Mark's Walker Stalkers on Facebook -

Mark Rosenthal
    8 hrs

Filming will start back soon. Had a couple of places tell me the producers came them today to film there soon in Griffin.

[Name Redacted]The no mowing signs are back up on 20.

Mark Rosenthal Wilson Grocery I believe will be one of the filming locations...
    Like Reply 1 8 hrs

[Name Redacted]Wheres that at

Mark Rosenthal In Griffin next to that UPS place off HWY 155... I heard date could be from 1st to 11th..in that range..
    Like Reply 8 hrs

[Name Redacted]I confirmed similar information today. Looks like they are looking for at least two to three filming locations in May and June. With Griffin's record it will most likely be more than that. Paperwork is being finalized and dates are being agreed upon right now.

ETA -

This was posted to the Not Dead Sisters/Family Facebook and Angelia commented on it as well.

Angelia Harrod That the location that Carl and Jesus are in the back of the box truck. Jesus jumps out of the back of the truck.
    Like Reply 1 5 hrs

Screencap from that scene -

That grocery store has a Facebook page. It's actually Wilson's Salvage - Groceries. Only in the south. lol A few pictures from their page.

If this is the same location where they filmed Jesus jumping out of the box truck in 7x07, then it's on the route to the sanctuary - pretty close to the sanctuary if I'm remembering correctly. So they may just be filming the exterior rather than interior scenes.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1248 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by meesha1971 View Post
    Unfortunately, it's not just the writers we have to be concerned about. During the last big writers strike in 2007, production on television shows was halted because the actors refused to cross the picket lines in support of the writers. If they do start a strike on 5/2 this year, the actors could do the same so they wouldn't be able to film anything even if the scripts were completed prior to the strike. Plus, they would have no writers available to make adjustments or changes needed during filming. That could be why JDM mentioned filming in 10 days - which would be around 4/24 or 4/25 instead of 5/1 as previously speculated. That would give them a jump on filming the premiere at least.
    This, and according to an article about the impending strike I posted in its own thread a few days ago, the writers own the unfilmed scripts. And there will be no rewrites - only the writers can do that.

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    527 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    This, and according to an article about the impending strike I posted in its own thread a few days ago, the writers own the unfilmed scripts. And there will be no rewrites - only the writers can do that.
    The possible strike has a lot of people doing research on the 2007 strike. There was no official strike by actors, but there were quite a few celebrities who joined the picket lines in support of the writers and there was a "Speechless without Writers" campaign - some of those videos are hilarious. They're on You Tube.

There were actually several television shows that were not effected back then, but they were all shows that had completed scripts so they could continue production during the strike. So, if the WGA does strike, I guess it will depend on whether or not TWD has scripts completed. They wouldn't be able to do revisions to the scripts - at least not revisions done by the writers - but they would be able to film.

It does appear that they intend to film as usual. Preparations for filming are already underway and we have a possible first filming location and dates - posted above.

ETA -

The spoiler ninjas have also posted about that as well.

Pre-Filming Activity

- "Do Not Mow" signs are up at Crook Rd. This is near the studio and is a frequently used location.

- "Do Not Mow" signs up in Hampton off Hwy 20. This is the same location where they disarmed explosives and took down the herd in episode 7.9.

- There's word that there will be filming in Griffin. Exact locations are unknown at this time. One rumored spot is Wilson's grocery. Exact dates are also unknown but rumored to be somewhere between May 1-11th.

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm pretty sure the Wilson's Grocery is exactly where they filmed Jesus jumping out of the truck...

Searcy Ave is the road behind the store and I'm pretty sure that's where the scene was shot.

Here you can see a building and some signs to the right of the truck as Jesus is rolling out.

Here you see the building more clearly and the signs are also there as well. It's also on google maps if you want to see the area around it.

7. Back To Top    #17
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    527 Post(s)
    Level

[Name Redacted] Several DO NOT MOW at Tyrone Road and Flat Creek in Fayetteville. My neighborhood, never been here before.

It looks like the cast is starting to arrive. Copying from the social media thread -

A fan posted a picture of himself with Norman at a grocery store in Peachtree, GA - which is about 10 miles from Senoia.

Finally got a picture with the badass himself! Glad to meet you man @wwwbigbaldhead

Sounds like Xander Berkeley will be arriving next week.

Xander Berkeley‏Verified account @xanderberkeley 3h3 hours ago

Xander Berkeley Retweeted Lauren Ward
    Ah the good old days when I was #Boss #GREGORY !!@WalkingDead_AMC @ChillerTheatre all wkend b4 going back to #TWD in #ATL

Josh McDermit's wife posted on instagram that they are packing up to head to GA as well.

8. Back To Top    #18
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    527 Post(s)
    Level

Seen "do not mow" signs, out hwy 16, about 2 miles past Huckabys shell station on the right

9. Back To Top    #19
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I would like t see someone with an AA-12 (Atchisson Automatic 12 gauge Shotgun). This weapon can fire offf 32 shells in ten seconds and it also has grebade rounds in addition to buckshot. One 12 gauge round could take out 5-7 zombies from about 20 feet. Another weapon i would like to see in TWD is thwe Barrett M82A1. This 50 caliber sniper rifle can hit a targeet from a mile off. Imagine a targeted fusillade of these!

The WD characters need some target practice. Considering the amount of lead thrown at Negan's truck they definitely need target practice. This will be even more important now since war has been declared against Negan. Another thing: It is okay to mix in zombies with the characters but please don't use zombie hordes to plug up a plot hole. Many a series has lost viewers for that reason. On one show, machine gun wielding mechs 'stunned' a person while on another show, a character walked away unscathed from a 10 megaton nuclear strike..... yeah right...

So many people want Negan dead that even if he died ten times over, it still wouldn't be enough. maybe there will have to be a "How will Negan die" thread. Some of his underlings need to diee as horribly as possible though. One example is tht female that killed Olivia. Maim her hands and leave her to be eaten by zombies.

How will Glenn find Maggie? If Jesus is crucified, then upon his death, the dead will rise from their graves.... If negan's predations go too far, introduce yet another Negan foe even more dangerous than the actual living. He should be a gaunt scarecrow shaped man who is not bothered by zombies.... they dont attack him. A good theme song would be "Far Side of Crazy" by Wall of Voodoo.

10. Back To Top    #20
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    527 Post(s)
    Level
    From the spoiler ninjas -

Do Not Mow signs have popped up in Griffin finally. We're hearing they are off of 4th St and Solomon St. This is basically the same area where the car chase (which was cut) from episode 7.3 was filmed.

Also hearing that crew has been working on the basecamp area across from the Gin. They appear to be cleaning it up and getting it ready. So maybe they will actually use this basecamp this season as opposed to shuttling them in from the studio? Fingers crossed.

The tarp fence sorcery nonsense is still there thou... Boo.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast