Forgot your username?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    526 Post(s)
    Level

Season 8 General Filming Spoiler Discussion [Rant, Rave, Speculate, Et Al Here!]

Since we're starting to get some news about filming, I decided to go ahead and start a general discussion thread for filming spoilers. This is for everyone to discuss all of the filming spoilers without derailing the actual filming threads. In this thread we can speculate about what might happen, complain, gripe, vent our concerns, or just celebrate the possibility of our favorites making it through another season. Please try to keep all the general discussion and speculation here and use the actual filming threads just for the spoilers. Enjoy!

Starting off with some pre-filming activity -

The Walking Dead HQ
    Like This Page 22 hrs

"We start shooting in 10 days and I haven't seen the scripts. I might be dead. Norman might be dead." JDM teases at #WSCSF
    �� = @walkrstalkrcon

This was on Saturday, 4/15/2017 so that could mean filming will start on 4/24 or 4/25. JDM may have been referring to returning to Senoia for script reads and such, but this has led to speculation that they might start filming early this year.

From Mark's Walker Stalkers on Facebook -

Mark Rosenthal
    April 15 at 1:49pm

I saw some do not mow signs up on that side road going to the Studio yesterday....looks like filming will start back soon.

He confirmed this to be Crook Rd. in the comments. That is the road near the studio and is frequently used for filming.

From Not Dead Sisters/Family on Facebook -

But I've heard they may have installed cameras in different places now..and you can't even get as close to the studio as you used to. They put up a sign now that says "no turn around beyond this point" and the sign is placed before you even reach the Raleigh Studios sign.
    Like Reply 1 April 15 at 8:05pm

The sign was put up at Elizabeth Dr and Chestlehurst Rd..it says:

"road is closed to through traffic. No turn around Beyond this point. Local residents authorized personnel and services only"

Looks like the studio will remain the place where spoilers go to die.

From the spoiler ninjas -

In regards to the possible writers strike ...

Right now there is nothing that suggests a delay. Everything seems to be business as usual and things are right on track for filming to begin soon. Crew members have been seen around the Gin (Alexandria). Equipment trucks have been going back and forth from the studio to the Gin. The Do Not Mow signs are already in place. Apparently Gimple has been around the area recently too. Everything appears to be normal. Let's just pray to Paul Jesus Rovia that things continue this way and everything works out. No need to panic until there is legit reason to panic.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Level
    Wonder why they're starting earlier this year. Maybe because the cast is getting so much bigger, they'll need more time to allow for scheduling all those actors.

I think they've found the perfect way to keep the majority of filming spoilers out of the public by using Gin and the studios. Pretty annoying as a fan of spoilers, but I definitely get why they are.

Here's hoping for some great spoilers this year!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    602 Post(s)
    Level
    Like I said, if the writers strike impacts anything it would be the back half. They won't won't miss October.

The writers are probably deep in to 8A already. I imagine they'd start the writing a month or two before they start filming. Gimple was talking about the first 4 episodes on Talking Dead a few weeks back so they are probably on 5 or 6 right now and as you know 1 person doesn't write it all, they'll hand episodes to different writers so they have a bunch of scripts going on at once.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    526 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Like I said, if the writers strike impacts anything it would be the back half. They won't won't miss October.

The writers are probably deep in to 8A already. I imagine they'd start the writing a month or two before they start filming. Gimple was talking about the first 4 episodes on Talking Dead a few weeks back so they are probably on 5 or 6 right now and as you know 1 person doesn't write it all, they'll hand episodes to different writers so they have a bunch of scripts going on at once.
    Unfortunately, it's not just the writers we have to be concerned about. During the last big writers strike in 2007, production on television shows was halted because the actors refused to cross the picket lines in support of the writers. If they do start a strike on 5/2 this year, the actors could do the same so they wouldn't be able to film anything even if the scripts were completed prior to the strike. Plus, they would have no writers available to make adjustments or changes needed during filming. That could be why JDM mentioned filming in 10 days - which would be around 4/24 or 4/25 instead of 5/1 as previously speculated. That would give them a jump on filming the premiere at least.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status

Awaiting Gimple's Replacement In Negan's Bed.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Level
    The only thing I hope is its a good season with lots of deaths and is the last one.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    602 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Şωɛɛȶ Ɗҽʂƚɾυƈƚιɳ View Post
    The only thing I hope is its a good season with lots of deaths and is the last one.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status

Awaiting Gimple's Replacement In Negan's Bed.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Level
    I know I know but it should be.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    have to admit some of the air got sucked out of me for this show when Gimple says he wants this thing to go on for 20 years. It makes all of this seem so pointless, and most shows even great ones after 10 years start to really wear out their welcome. I was hoping it would end after 9 or 10 seasons so we wouldnt have to watch the shows reputation slowly and painfully be annhilated.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Level
    Filiming starts this soon....fuck a duck.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Every time I think of writers on this show, it reminds me of thishttp://www.theonion.com/video/today-...writer-o-20188

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast