Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Andrea spoiler.

1. Back To Top    #11
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Issue was good, not great but I'm glad kirkfks balls dropped.....like I've said before, the comic like the show should have ended with AOW

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Level
    R.I.P Andrea ! Now she is with Amy again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bekki Dixon View Post
    I hate that Negan is now outliving Andrea.... She was my favourite comic character. And Alard drew her death very grim and gaunt. Will miss her character very much though I will be intersted to see what "growth" her character brings to Rick that hasnt been done twice before.
    Andrea had not done anything significantly for a long time, I still miss that sharpshooting can do anything Andrea

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    606 Post(s)
    Level

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I gotta say I have the 3 compendiums but have been following as much as I can from there on out via spoilers on here and the wiki etc. Maybe it was the youtube video that did me in with the sappy song behind it, but I finally felt sad and emotionally effected by the story by the first time in ages...the heads on the pikes just didnt do it for me, and I did see the overarching whisperer arc and time jump as a digsruntled waste until now. I think it was a good move and not bad storytelling to have to wonder who would win that war, and even though the home team won they actually lost the hilltop, alexandria is all fucky, dwight isnt gonna take sherry's death well, negan's out, and eugene's radio correspeondance are all taking us in an interesting direction. I was mad at how it played out monthly/bi-monthly, but I gotta give him credit.... It's like reading a book 1/4 chapter at a time, it just doesn't do it justice. Sad that I got to that point because the compendiums are so satisfying but I think all the shit talking on this arc was unjustified and will later be seen as good as the rest.

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status

Awaiting Gimple's Replacement In Negan's Bed.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Level
    Don't jinx us with retchonne in the comics too guys.
    Rip Andrea.. I wanted you to live. :(

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Level
    Rick Grimes in a hot commodity. I give it 5 issues tops before someone makes a move on him... Or he will simply start taking wives like Negan...

7. Back To Top    #17
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    558 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Technically everyone alive has outlived Andrea since everyone was around before the ZA we just didn't see everyones perspective earlier on. She still has more appearances than Negan and pretty much everyone else. She has like 165 appearances or something. Negan has 66. That pretty much just puts Rick, Coral and Sophia ahead of her. Maggie will soon. Maybe Michonne. Maybe Eugene. Other than that, I don't see anyone else beating her.

At least she went out saving someone. As much as Glenn's death was important to the story he still went out like a bitch. So did Tyreese. Not that they could have done anything differently but Andrea went out on her own which is probably the best you could hope for a character you like, I guess. I'm not really sure what would have been a better death in that world.
    I know that. I didn't mean in terms like 'volume of exposure' for the character. I meant how that currently Negan is still alive and she's not. So we're going to see more of him. Personally, it was between issue (pre watching the show) 110-115 I grew tired of his persona. Thought Rick was going to bite it, or had banked on it being a fake-out for her. And agree'd about how she went out useful. Had enough time to have a goodbye montage and wasn't just a couple of panels fob-off like others have been.. My heart went out to Eugene this issue too.

Quote Originally Posted by marsyao View Post
    Andrea had not done anything significantly for a long time, I still miss that sharpshooting can do anything Andrea
    She was my fav comic character to see on panels; even if they wern't doing anything notable. It feels like an oppertunity missed to have her character do more again. Rick isn't overly mobile anymore so currently I feel like it was the wrong main character to choose to kill off. But with Kirkman actually killing a major character for the first time in a long time; it'll be intersting to see what unfolds the next few issues.

8. Back To Top    #18
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Level
    I didn't actually expect Kirkman to go ahead with it-but he did. Eulogy at the end instead of a Letter Hacks was a nice touch though.

Really hope Richonne doesn't become a thing here,really don't want the show influencing the comics at all.

Anyone else notice the parallels between her bite placement and cause of death (bite to the neck like Amy),but also the place she died (like Dale-in bed and got to say goodbye to everyone)?

9. Back To Top    #19
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    621 Post(s)
    Level
    Couple things: I'm glad it wasn't a fake-out, definitely. And it's a double edged sword regarding her actual death; meaning it could've been pretty brutal but Kirkman opted with the TV show Andrea style death remixed.

Implications regarding the show and comic? Michonne's death has been cemented as long as things with the actors/actresses stay on course. Could Richonne become a thing in the comic? Seems likely. One more fling before Rick dies and Michonne soon after? In the TV show that means Rick and Carol could become a thing and I'm living for it.

10. Back To Top    #20
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazed And Kwam-fused View Post
    Couple things: I'm glad it wasn't a fake-out, definitely. And it's a double edged sword regarding her actual death; meaning it could've been pretty brutal but Kirkman opted with the TV show Andrea style death remixed.

Implications regarding the show and comic? Michonne's death has been cemented as long as things with the actors/actresses stay on course. Could Richonne become a thing in the comic? Seems likely. One more fling before Rick dies and Michonne soon after? In the TV show that means Rick and Carol could become a thing and I'm living for it.

What's going on with the actress who plays Michonne?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast