Thread: Why Oh Why

1. Back To Top    #11
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    360 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    The different reason why she can not reach the level of expectation is beacuse she simply can not work with Erickson and understand how he sees Madison.
    There's probably a lot of truth in that.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    621 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Feelin' Groovy View Post
    Compared to other strong women from the show, like Liza and Ofelia (even crazy Celia) ~ Madison's face is unexpressive and wooden. That's a frequent complaint I've heard about her. Not having seen her in anything but FTWD, I don't know if she just doesn't have the range, or if it's the direction or editing, or if that's how they think a "strong" woman should act. All I know is, it's not working for me.
    this

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    I agree. I love Kim's work as an actress, but her character is poorly written. She needs to go next.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Level
    What is "off" with the Madison/Nick dynamic was evident in the "hug your mother scene"...lol...creepy as f**K
    I don't hate Madison, but think she did better with Madison being engaged and showing some passion in season one.

My next comment is off topic but..... where has Madison's southern accent gone?? Does anyone recall the one episode last season, when she did such a piss poor job conjuring a southern accent for the back story she shared with Victor Strand?? I don't know why she needed to be from Atlanta in the first place, (other than an effort by tptb to play mind games with the viewers). Now, in season 3, the accent is gone and her acting is matches her facial expression...flat.

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I've just always assumed that was her character. She's always been pretty cold, and probably hadn't cried since she was a child, so the reaction is weird for everyone.
    While I loved the character development with Travis a lot, I wouldn't switch the death to her. I would rather they have just kept him alive a bit longer.
    I wonder if Avatar is partly to blame, but I thought I read something before that said they were gonna work around his schedule with FTWD. I gess it still counts as working around it.

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    it's the nature of the character she plays. She reminds me of a more level headed, less egotistical show Andrea. Something tells me that if she ever has to hop into the sack in order to kill a man, she'll do both in a heartbeat.
    I think this is why I dig her.

7. Back To Top    #17
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1238 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Special_K View Post
    I think this is why I dig her.
    Yep. I think she's going to surprise us from time to time.

8. Back To Top    #18
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Level
    She is a fascinating character even if not entirely sympathetic. I liked Travis better but am respecting more and more the decision to kill him off rather than her.

Madison is also more messed up pre-apocalypse than Rick was. The only problems Rick had were some marital difficulties with Lori, but Madison has had to deal with an alcoholic husband's suicide, her own drug-addicted son, and dealing with integrating a new family from a new marriage. And I wonder if we will find out more in that vein.

9. Back To Top    #19
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Level
    After this last episode (err well last I've watched, Red Dirt), I feel like Madison's character got 100x more intriguing. I wasn't in love with the idea of killing off Travis, but at this point, I don't miss him at all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Spoil The Dead is the largest & number one fansite for AMC's The Walking Dead & Fear The Walking Dead, Image Comic's The Walking Dead, and the Telltale Games. Offering spoilers, games, and community to fans & zombie enthusiasts.