Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

View Poll Results: What's The Favorite Pro Sport of the Forum?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Football

5 31.25%
  • Baseball

3 18.75%
  • Basketball

3 18.75%
  • Hockey

2 12.50%
  • Soccer

3 18.75%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #11
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1016 Post(s)
    I guess WWE doesn't count?

It goes back and forth between basketball and baseball. Throughout my lifetime the two most fun periods for me as a sports fan were the Bird/Magic and on into the Jordan eras of basketball and the mid- late 90's Yankee dominance(pre ARod) in baseball. I was actually saddened to watch the Finals this year. I just prefer to see teams built on smart draft picks and trades as opposed to taking advantage of free agency to create super teams. Although there was a certain joy I felt in seeing LeBron beaten at his own game. Even more amusing to hear him say he's never been part of a super team.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    360 Post(s)
    Level
    There's nothing more relaxing for me on a summer evening than to be at the ballpark watching a good baseball game. Mom, apple pie and baseball ~ there's a reason it's called America's sport!

With that said, my favorite sport to watch on TV is football. I tend to hibernate in the wintertime and can cheer my favorite team just as well from the comfort of my own home!

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    602 Post(s)
    Level
    Since Sports are stoopit I only know of 2 teams and they are both from Hockey movies.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Level
    Baseball, football and hockey for me. I've tried to watch basketball, but honestly, I cannot stand listening to their shoes squeaking all over the court, it drives me up the wall.

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    501 Post(s)
    Well for a start that list is stupid. My British brain does not compute. For a start your football isn't football, it's rugby in girly armour. Soccer is football, basketball is netball with more jumping and baseball is fancy rounders. I reject your list!
    My favourite pro sport is rugby. Thirty giant muscly dudes wearing tight t shirts and shorts, running around and rolling in the mud. What the fuck isn't there to love about that?

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    457 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
    Well for a start that list is stupid. My British brain does not compute. For a start your football isn't football, it's rugby in girly armour. Soccer is football, basketball is netball with more jumping and baseball is fancy rounders. I reject your list!
    My favourite pro sport is rugby. Thirty giant muscly dudes wearing tight t shirts and shorts, running around and rolling in the mud. What the fuck isn't there to love about that?
    Lol! Sorry, we here in America don't watch rugby. But if it makes you feel any better, I always say that it's probably the toughest sport to play. They get the shit beat out of them more than hockey or our football players.

I guess I should have included WWE for you and Hate.

7. Back To Top    #17
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    501 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Dixon View Post
    Lol! Sorry, we here in America don't watch rugby. But if it makes you feel any better, I always say that it's probably the toughest sport to play. They get the shit beat out of them more than hockey or our football players.

I guess I should have included WWE for you and Hate.
    I have no clue how tough it is, after about 15 minutes and a couple of scrums (Google it) , I drift off into a nice little daydream involving 30 very dirty men, me, a hosepipe and a tiny sponge.
    Yes you should have included WWE, but then we would probably have just gotten into an argument about whether it's a "real" sport or not. Lol

8. Back To Top    #18
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Level
    Baseball for me since I was a little kid. From my name you can guess who my favorite team was. Football's okay but the past few years have been disappointing in the cheating episodes. I like basketball even if I don't know a heck of a lot about it. Hockey I know next to nothing.

9. Back To Top    #19
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    365 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronx Cheer View Post
    Baseball for me since I was a little kid. From my name you can guess who my favorite team was. Football's okay but the past few years have been disappointing in the cheating episodes. I like basketball even if I don't know a heck of a lot about it. Hockey I know next to nothing.
    I have nothing against baseball, but if it's on TV, I'll literally start to doze off. Lol
    However, when I was in highschool a select few of us were treated to a Baltimore Orioles game and I had a blast. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
    Nimbus, Remind me when rugby season starts , so I can book a flight to England STAT. :)

10. Back To Top    #20
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1016 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronx Cheer View Post
    The Mets?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast