Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

View Poll Results: What's The Favorite Pro Sport of the Forum?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Football

5 31.25%
  • Baseball

3 18.75%
  • Basketball

3 18.75%
  • Hockey

2 12.50%
  • Soccer

3 18.75%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    457 Post(s)

What's The Favorite Pro Sport of the Forum?

I'm just gonna keep this to the "big 4" sports in America (Football, Baseball, Basketball, and Hockey), along with soccer. Fuck golf.

With the NHL and NBA seasons coming to a close, baseball in full swing, and NFL OTAs starting up, plus this place being dead, I figured this might be a good diversion from the boredom of early summer. I already know football will win in a landslide. But I'm interested in seeing what the other sports get. So vote and say why you voted for what you did if you feel like it.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Waiting for Aaron to get more screentime.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Level
    For me? Hockey.

My entire family has watched it for god knows how long and I got attached to it when I was a LOT younger. Not to mention the storied history that Detroit has with their franchise and their winning record just makes the atmosphere all that more interesting

I do know that hockey is relatively ignored in regards to ESPN/most news outlets besides sports ones. I agree, fuck golf. I think it's honestly a stretch that it's even considered a sport

Nice thread! As opposed to the political nonsense

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    457 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SnuffVille View Post
    For me? Hockey.

My entire family has watched it for god knows how long and I got attached to it when I was a LOT younger. Not to mention the storied history that Detroit has with their franchise and their winning record just makes the atmosphere all that more interesting

I do know that hockey is relatively ignored in regards to ESPN/most news outlets besides sports ones. I agree, fuck golf. I think it's honestly a stretch that it's even considered a sport

Nice thread! As opposed to the political nonsense
    Thanks for picking something other than football, Snuff. Don't get me wrong, I love football. But I never played it. More of a basketball/baseball guy growing up myself.

Fuck politics, along with golf.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Level
    Soccer forever. Played it for 9 years, and although I'm too lazy to actually run up and down a field for 90 minutes now, I still watch it all the time.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm going with baseball. It's always been my favorite to play and watch.

There aren't too many sports I don't enjoy watching in person. Hockey on TV makes me fall asleep. Football is too slow. I love basketball, but if I'm picking one, it's baseball.

I enjoy golfing, but I never go anymore. It's been a couple years since I've touched my clubs. But it's not a pure sport like the others.

I think the golden rule is if you can smoke and drink while playing, it's not a sport. So go ahead and keep golf and bowling off the list John.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    365 Post(s)
    Level
    My personal preference is basketball, simply because it's easy for me to follow and I find it more interesting, especially during the playoffs. Although I currently reside in NYC, I'm a ride or die Washingtonian, so naturally I root for the DC area teams. Lol

Also, one of my favorite summertime pasttimes is playing a hot and sweaty game of 1 on 1 with my bae.. :)

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Level
    Hockey. I've always been a hockey fan first and foremost. It's by far my favorite to play also. Baseball and football are a close second. Baseball was for a while my biggest passion. I've always loved the strategy in it (The NL anyway, fuck the AL and the DH), but now that my team sucks I just don't have the patience for it. I might get the most excited over football, but it's once a week and such a small amount of games that I could never put it ahead of the others. Basketball is something I've never cared for at all.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Level
    Baseball. If people aren't watching baseball, they are probably out shopping for high heels to match their purse.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Maggies ripped and shredded uterus Anton69's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Level
    If I'm pressed I guess football, hockey's become too pussified basketball is just a boring mess, and baseball is just a waste of time till the playoffs. But I say fuck all team sports nothing and I mean nothing compares with skatin I'm not talkin bout rail slidin a 15 stepper ( after all if your that good it only comes from 10,000 hours of doing the same trick over and over. I'm talkin bout bombing a hill and hittin power slides at 30 miles an hour with no fuckin pads. You either make it or you bleed. Getting old so alls I do these days is roll for my own enjoyment but until there comes a time when I can't stand up I'll always have a deck in the back of my car I see a cool bank or a empty pool I'm hittin it

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Level
    I kinda juggle between football and basketball.
    I'm an arts student so I was never that much into sports.
    A Thespian for the stage of acting...I am!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast