3 6.12%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Back To Top    #31
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    So....who shot the helicopter? I thought it was Troy but he was riding in the car with Madison.

2. Back To Top    #32
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reaction View Post
    So....who shot the helicopter? I thought it was Troy but he was riding in the car with Madison.
    It was me. I just finally had enough of Travis. ;)

3. Back To Top    #33
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by TAWX14 View Post
    I gave it an 8 (first episode gets a 9, second gets a 7). I love the disconnect Troy and his half-brother Jake. Madison's acting was a bit better these first two episodes, but that's still not saying much. Charlene's death was stupid, and I wish they would have made it more obvious Travis was bitten and not just shot like most people think.
    I don't think he was bitten, they would have showed that. He was fine before he was hit by the bullets.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AnteroX View Post
    That was absolute trash lmao,

>strand lies to the refugees and tells them he's a doctor
    >helps and saves a bunch of people
    >successfully delivers a baby
    >"You saved a lot of people, but if they find your lie they'll turn on us, you need to leave"

who writes this shit?

the helicopter girl makes the most retarded sounding whistle as she's being devoured by walkers instead of yelling for help?

who the fuck writes this shit?

I give it a 0/10
    Not to mention the fact that somehow Travis managed to kill all of those walkers that were let into the pit....yet we weren't shown any of it.

4. Back To Top    #34
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gia Dixon View Post
    I don't think he was bitten, they would have showed that. He was fine before he was hit by the bullets.

- - - Updated - - -

Not to mention the fact that somehow Travis managed to kill all of those walkers that were let into the pit....yet we weren't shown any of it.
    That's what everyone is saying, but then I remembered at the end of episode 1, Travis looked all depressed as the helicopter was flying. Remember Alicia asked him if Madison and them made it out and he ignored her? Then she had to scream it again for him to answer? I don't know, something seems off. If he was just struck by a bullet, that's stupid. If he was accidentally bit during the walker pit and then subsequently shot by a bullet, that'd be a lot better...

5. Back To Top    #35
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    I gave it a 6. The Travis death just seemed forced. I had to start watching the episodes 4 times. I turned it off when it was live, started watching part of it on DVR later Sunday night, and started and stopped 2 times on Monday. I just wasn't interested in finishing it. I had to force myself.

6. Back To Top    #36
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by TAWX14 View Post
    That's what everyone is saying, but then I remembered at the end of episode 1, Trump looked all depressed as the helicopter was flying. Remember Alicia asked him if Madison and them made it out and he ignored her? Then she had to scream it again for him to answer? I don't know, something seems off. If he was just struck by a bullet, that's stupid. If he was accidentally bit during the walker pit and then subsequently shot by a bullet, that'd be a lot better...
    Trump? You mean Travis?

I agree that they should have been MUCH clearer on that scene. The audience shouldn't have to keep relying on watching TTD and interviews to find out what happened.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertc.../#144c00dcd9a5

It took the explanation of one of the show’s producers to finally relay what happened. Apparently Travis took a bullet in the abdomen, it bounced around his rib cage and exited through his neck. That’s the gore we’re seeing and why the neck wound seemed to explode outward instead of in.

7. Back To Top    #37
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    The bullet bouncing around his ribs and exiting his neck is a weird explanation. At least it explains why the neck was punctured at that angle, but it still sucks.

The guy getting pulled through the wall, although an entertaining scene, was very weird to me. I know Nick let a bunch of walkers in underground, but how did any get crammed into the wall, and why were there so many rats not being eaten. Also wondering why he thought it would be a good idea to check out a noise like that so half-assed. Even if it was a survivor in the walls, he would have been stabbed in the face or something.

Same with the whistle girl. The only explanation to me would be that she whistled thinking she was safe. Whoever shot down the chopper, saw and shot her and threw her to some walkers to make it look like she was ambushed by them. It would explain the no screaming, but not much after that. Like why the rest of them were allowed to continue to the ranch. (unless they were secretly followed)

Overall I gave it an 8 because it kept me interested. Strand had the best scenes, but I don't know why they decided to throw him out instead of the guy who was using a knife to protest his wife giving birth, then to refuse him a car, yet ask for him to check in on the psycho lady first, who happened to have a new car. :P

8. Back To Top    #38
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Level
    I typically don't have a huge problem with Kim's acting - she doesn't have a lot of range but is an okay/good actress if the role fits - but Madison's reaction to the news of Travis' death... HAHA. She looks like she is constipated and on the toilet. Seriously, rewatch that scene and tell me that doesn't cross your mind.

Besides that point and the obvious fact that Travis' dying was an afterthought (I didn't know the actor was given another bigger movie role, but that obviously makes sense now) I actually kind of dug the first episode. The second was sorta a hot mess, but not too bad. Also they had Mickie from Shameless!!

The thing with this show is that the quality of the shots is far better than the original. The dialogue still sounds like real people talking (see dumpster people...) and some scenes are well acted. But the overall story line is often a knock off and doesn't always fit. But again, another positive was less jump scares and actual walker scares. Points for that.

Catching up but enjoying the fact I can zip through the ridiculous amount of commercials AMC now airs. JFC.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234