Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level

My Ranking of the Main Characters

Following the conclusion of "Children of Wrath," I got bored and decided to rank the main characters from Fear the Walking Dead. Below is my list, which is really just based on my own opinions so I hope no one takes offense to the positioning of anyone. Feel free to comment, though.

1. Alicia - somehow she became the most interesting and developed character on the show. The distinction between her and Madison as the number 1 and 2 spots comes from Alycia Debnam-Carey's ability to emote on a level that works for television. Her timing, her reactions, the subtextual emotion she can add to her scenes - it all makes me want to see more of her. Couple that with the fact that in season 3 she's become a leader in her own right and had her own compelling story that allowed her to branch from her mother and you have the best character on Fear the Walking Dead.

2. Madison - Now, that's not to say I don't enjoy Madison, because she's a great character too. My problem was that Kim Dickens tends to perform things so stone cold that it's hard to really see what she's feeling. We knew she was hiding something but until her revelation in "Children of Wrath" we had no idea. Now it makes more sense and I can only imagine her story will get better from here. I've loved watching Madison slowly evolve into a leader, especially in the wake of Travis's death. I know there were a lot of people who liked Travis over Madison, but I've always been Team Madison and figured that Cliff Curtis would be the one to die since Dickens had top billing over him. Either way, I'm excited to see where she goes next.

3. Daniel - the star of perhaps the best episode of Fear the Walking Dead, "100," Daniel Salazar is perhaps the most complex character on the show. Right away we learned who he was in his previous life and how that will help him in the apocalypse. After a bit of a rough patch where he burned down a farm and disappeared for half a season, we got his return in "100" and we were reminded why Daniel Salazar needed to be on this show. He's still only appeared in half of the episodes in Season 3, and in two of them for only a brief moment, but he's the character we're all waiting to see more of. Bonus points for Ruben Blads wanting to be eating a banana during the Ofelia hallucination scene. The guy just seems like so much fun to be around.

4. Jeremiah - Gone to soon, but for all the right reasons, Mr. Otto was a brilliant addition to season 3. You could tell he was conflicted by his past demons, but by the end of the season it was clear his remorse still had its foundation in racist sentiments. Too bad he was a bad person, because he could have been a great mainstay on the show. Either way, Jeremiah was a highlight of Season 3.

5. Nick - at one point the best character on the show, Nick has fallen from grace a bit since he moved to La Colonia. It was a weird story for him, but served its purpose of bringing Luciana into the show. I'm not a fan of their relationship so when she left I wasn't that upset. The fact that Nick stayed was a good one and I'm glad he's cut his hair and becoming a more integral part of the story again. Now we just need Frank Dillane to appear of Talking Dead.

6. Troy - Another great addition to Season 3. Initially introduced as a villain, we quickly learn that he's much more than that. And while he's no hero, he's got a lot more story to tell in the back half and with his dad gone, I imagine he might become a little unhinged, especially if that teaser clip has anything to say about it. (It looks like the Black Hat tribe will be moving to the ranch.)

7. Ofelia - even though she was gone for so long, what they did with Ofelia for Season 3 is working. At first, it was upsetting to see what she was doing but when it became clear she wasn't part of a villainous group of people I eased up on her. She's become hardened and not the sheltered girl we've seen in previous seasons. I'm glad her whereabouts were finally explained, though I will note the Jeremiah encounter was weird. Most assumed she was held captive or something, but it turns out Otto just let her go. I wonder if the original plan was different but then the decision to make Jeremiah a racist changed plans. I don't know...

8. Strand - oh, Victor, Victor... what has happened to you? He used to be so compelling, and now he's been thrust into a story that, as of right now, doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Colman Domingo is a great actor and has done what he can with this season, but it seems like the writers wrote themselves into a block by having him stay at the Rosarito Beach Hotel. It might have worked better to have him go with the Clarks and get separated before they reached the border, but I digress. Either way, now that Abigail is officially dead and we've got confirmation from Mr. Vaschenko (in what was an amazing but misplaced scene) that "the world turns..." I'm sure Strand will be back to brilliant. Domingo also said on Talking Dead that Strand is going to meet up with some familiar faces in the back half of season 3.

9. Jake - I actually really like Jake, but he hasn't stepped up until the end of the first half of the season, so it remains to be seen where he goes from here. I like that he's this very good soul amidst a world of chaos but he still needs to do more. I'm assuming he will now that his dad is out of the picture.

10. Luciana - I liked her in Season 2, more than Nick, actually, but she's been wasted in Season 3. I can only imagine the reason why she left is so she can be paired up with Strand or Daniel in the second half of the season. Danay Garcia is great and I love watching her on Talking Dead, but Luciana needs help.

11. Travis - I only kept him on the list because he was such a big part of the show and DID appear this season. But he's dead now so not much to note, other than thank you and RIP Travis and I'm sorry that your son was a terrible human, you had a cool ex-wife, though.

12. Lola - She's credited as a main character but yet to do anything remarkable except not shoot Daniel. If she's billed as a series regular, I have to assume she'll be much more important in the back half of the season. Dave Erickson said a female villain would be introduced in the third season and I think it's safe to assume it's not Ofelia. I have a feeling that Lola will become the villain due to her gaining power at the Gonzalez Dam. A sad story about how she fell from grace and became corrupt like Dante. Remember, Walker said that they need water, so don't be surprised if this Dam full of it becomes important to the Broke Jaw Ranch and Black Hat Reservation.

There you have it. Im looking forward to the next set of episodes in September!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm just gonna do a couple:

1- Strand
    2- Daniel
    3- Madison
    4- Nick
    5- Alicia
    6- Ofelia

The rest I can give two shits about, honestly. Same with Walking Dead, I only care about 6 characters on that too. Lol.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Level
    #1- Strand

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    360 Post(s)
    Level
    1. Strand ~ His face shows so many emotions. He can be sensitive and he can try to con. He has the best laugh and smile. No one can deliver a one-liner like he can. I'm still laughing at "de nada, asshole".

2. Alicia ~ She has really grown as an actress. She can bring the intensity to the point that she didn't even look like herself, she was almost unrecognizable.

3. Daniel ~ I really like his dark side, and want to see how that plays out with Ofelia.

4. Nick ~ He has come a long way from his junkie days, and is making some surprisingly smart moves (beginning with cutting his hair) lol.

5. Ofelia ~ I'm glad she's back. Looks like she and Madison will be butting heads, and that should be interesting.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Level
    1. Alicia (Still my #1)
    2. Maddie
    3. Ofelia (She's starting to drop for me but I don't hate her)
    4. Nick
    5. Daniel

The others can fuck off.

Quote Originally Posted by Feelin' Groovy View Post
    2. Alicia ~ She has really grown as an actress. She can bring the intensity to the point that she didn't even look like herself, she was almost unrecognizable.
    She was always that good. She just never got to show it because of the character she was playing.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    365 Post(s)
    Level
    I'll try to elaborate more when I have time.
    But here's my list for now..

1. Nick
    2. Strand
    3. Ofelia
    4. Qaletaqa
    5. Alicia
    6. Daniel
    7. Madison
    8. Luciana

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Level
    1. Alicia
    2. Daniel
    3. Nick
    4. Madison
    5. Troy
    6. Walker
    7. Ofelia
    8. Luciana

They're the remaining living characters that I find interesting. The rest I couldn't care less about.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Level

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Level
    1. Daniel - Reuben Blades is the man. Period.
    2. Alicia
    3. Strand
    4. Ofelia
    5. Madison
    6. No one else

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status

Awaiting Gimple's Replacement In Negan's Bed.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Level
    Strand
    Daniel
    Nick
    Alicia

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast