Level
    This trailer looks better than the main show lol

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    This trailer was WAYYY better than TWD S8's.

Couple of notes:
    - looks like Strand makes it to Broke Jaw
    - looks like Madison and Daniel have an encounter outside the Dam
    - looks like I might be in the right mindset when it comes to Lola, as she doesn't look too friendly in this trailer and we've been promised a female villain this season

Thought:
    - I don't think they're gearing up to face each other within Broke Jaw Ranch I think it might be some tricky editing as I have a feeling they're getting ready to go to Gonzalez Damit looks like there'll be an internal struggle of sorts but my gut tells me that's going to be Troy's story for 3B.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    602 Post(s)
    Level
    Right. That makes sense.

They need water.
    Dam has water.

That's how they reunite with Daniel.

I imagine Troy will die this season but he won't go down easily. It'll end up drawing Walkers to the ranch and they'll be forced to leave it behind and move on.

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Level
    Can we not have Troy by the bad guy? That's such an obvious and disappointing route. I enjoyed watching Madison manipulate/change Troy, and I wish it would continue.

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    602 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by TAWX14 View Post
    Can we not have Troy by the bad guy? That's such an obvious and disappointing route. I enjoyed watching Madison manipulate/change Troy, and I wish it would continue.
    They are clearly positioning him as one. Maybe they'll swerve it.

7. Back To Top    #17
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Right. That makes sense.

They need water.
    Dam has water.

That's how they reunite with Daniel.

I imagine Troy will die this season but he won't go down easily. It'll end up drawing Walkers to the ranch and they'll be forced to leave it behind and move on.
    haha! In hindsight the observation seems really obvious when written like that. It was more so just stating that Madison and Daniel will reunite. Again, another obvious observation but based on how long they've split the show could really have gone anywhere in 3B.

In all honesty though I really wish wish I could react with a Facebook "haha" to your comment.

8. Back To Top    #18
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1242 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by TAWX14 View Post
    But Troy is already the bad guy. He started out that way, and to me it's more satisfying to see Madison play that bad boy than it would be if he were a good guy. Perhaps if they keep him on long enough, he'll change and redeem himself; but he was like this as a kid and has spent many years reinforcing that behavior, with a bad new world in which to really get his freak on. It would take him a very long time to change, and one thing I like about this series is that people, with the exception of one, don't change personalities at the drop of a dime.

One thing that bothered me about the trailer was that Madison had a gun trained on Troy and he approached her and overpowered her. This is Lifetime Movie 101 where women hold a gun on a guy and he just laughs in her face and takes it away from her. I quit watching that fluff. I'm hoping this is just an editing misdirection and that whatever scene this is doesn't become a Tori Spelling or Jaclyn Smith special.

9. Back To Top    #19
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Level
    I think Madison is going to be very reluctant to kill Troy if it comes down to that. She's manipulating him for sure, but his psychopathy is affecting her as well. I'm actually wondering if her dealings with Troy will cost the lives of one of Nick or Alicia

10. Back To Top    #20
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    But Troy is already the bad guy. He started out that way, and to me it's more satisfying to see Madison play that bad boy than it would be if he were a good guy. Perhaps if they keep him on long enough, he'll change and redeem himself; but he was like this as a kid and has spent many years reinforcing that behavior, with a bad new world in which to really get his freak on. It would take him a very long time to change, and one thing I like about this series is that people, with the exception of one, don't change personalities at the drop of a dime.

One thing that bothered me about the trailer was that Madison had a gun trained on Troy and he approached her and overpowered her. This is Lifetime Movie 101 where women hold a gun on a guy and he just laughs in her face and takes it away from her. I quit watching that fluff. I'm hoping this is just an editing misdirection and that whatever scene this is doesn't become a Tori Spelling or Jaclyn Smith special.
    I'd like if Troy stayed around as a sort of 'wildcard' member for a bit. Kid is damaged as all get-out but he can fight, and he knows the survivalist lifestyle, and seems to be willing to do what he's convinced is necessary. If he can be manipulated/led along toward the real enemy and somehow kept in check by Jake/Nick/Madison whoever, he'd probably be a useful member of the group. He almost seems like a sort of Merle-type; useful but are his loose-cannon tendencies/psychopathy too much?

It makes me think of some zombie media I read ages ago. The name of it escapes me, but one of the group members was a psychopath, maybe convicted murderer if I'm remembering correctly, but he was useful because he was great at taking out zombies, and being able to focus on killing them kept his murderous impulses from straying to the other survivors.

As for the gun thing from the trailer, for all we know it could be empty when she tries to fire it, resulting in him smacking her down. But I agree, the whole 'I'm totally going to shoot you! No, I'll hesitate until you get in range to disarm me. Whoops.'

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast