Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #11
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Level
    https://qz.com/1066795/american-horr...-donald-trump/

This seasons is being described as a very upfront political satire.

But Cult isnít just a parody of the racist and xenophobic contingent of Americans who have felt emboldened by Trumpís victory. The show is also critical of oversensitive, egotistical liberal Americans, ones who might display an exterior of compassion and inclusivity but are part of the problem thatís dividing the country further into political cults.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Level
    Surprised no one is watching this, it is scary in the modern day... Honestly, the politics don't bother me at this point, better than last two seasons by far... Fear affects us all, people suck, pretty much this season in a nutshell...

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm watching because I love AHS, but the political satire what have you is just over the top. I find myself rolling my eyes throughout each episode. I'll continue watching till the end. Hopefully it gets better.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Level
    It IS a bit heavy handed but that is the horror of it. Satire is a perfect description really, horror satire. Everyone is overreacting and divided because of fear. It amplifies all that is irrational and fucked up about both sides of politics in this country. The fear is that fears will manifest. Shit is sadly apt. Kind of makes you stand back and be like "shit really is not that bad, stop the irrational nonsense." At the end of the day there is more that unites us than divides us, all the fear is just a distraction from the corrupt powers that be. (Also, in reality, if democratic process can elect a divisive dumbass, it can take him away)... respect for AHS...

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    605 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm not really sure where the horror in this season is. I'm not even sure if I like it or if I just like laughing at how fucking stoopit everyone is. It's more of a comedy than anything.

I'll say one thing positive about it. It's so far the easiest season to follow in years. I couldn't make it through Hotel and last year was watchable for the first half then that thing happened where the entire show changed and it all went downhill. 1-4 were really the only solid seasons this show ever had and even then I'd argue that 1 & 3 were the only ones that I truly enjoyed. 2 was pretty good but it just had way too much shit going on at once.

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Level
    You are right, I suppose, but I wasn't sure that there was much horror in many of the recent seasons. It is just ridiculous, maybe that is why I like it (thanks for my own self clarity haha). If a show is going to take itself too seriously it better be fucking awesome, if not, don't. Hence the reason I love Evil Dead...

7. Back To Top    #17
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    605 Post(s)
    Level
    Well what Evil Dead gets right is the comedy is funny and the horror is scary. It blends them both together very well. Personally, I don't get scared because unless It's Jaws (fuck Sharks) I'm pretty unaffected by most things but I can tell that someone that isn't in to horror shit would get spooked out by Evil Dead. Ash vs. Evil Dead handles both very well especially.

It's called American Horror Story yet comedy isn't even in the title yet it seems as if it is a comedy and it fails to have any horror which is actually in the title. The show doesn't even know what it is anymore. And if there is horror it's horror that only affects a small group of people that have went insane over politics. If you actually think Trump winning the election is a Horror story then you are insane. Now you might not be a fan of him and nobody is saying he's doing a good job but he's not the Boogeyman, he's not Hitler and anything super crazy he tries to do never ends up sticking because at the end of the day a President is just a puppet with very little power. So being an entirely sane person watching this season I find it very hard to find horror.

It's upsetting because I did enjoy AHS for a while but every year it just gets worse and worse. Hotel was like a bad 90s music video that Marilyn Manson or someone would make. The last season started off great and then it went to shit very quick. This season isn't even trying to be a "Horror story" it's just the creator shoving his own irrational fears down our throats when the majority of people in America are not from the fantasyland known as Hollywood and can't relate to the fears of a millionaire writer who has nothing to worry about.

Jessica Lange was smart to get out when she did.

8. Back To Top    #18
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Level
    I think this season is the best since Coven... whole it’s not the most scary I understand the horror element. I think this season is very similar to ‘Scream’ in the tone of everything. It has humor in the horror and I’m fine with it.

I see the whole satirical aspect as well and I think they’re doing a pretty good job of it. Personally it seems like they’ve been making fun of the “progressive white upper class liberal” and showing how hypocritical they can be more so than anything.

9. Back To Top    #19
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    605 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Huner with a T View Post
    I think this season is the best since Coven
    Not saying much. Pretty much every season since Coven has been dogshit. Freakshow had some moments I guess but it was clearly worse than the first 3. Everything else is trash.

10. Back To Top    #20
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm watching and this thing is actually better as it goes on. AHS has been hit or miss for a couple of season's. Roenoke started strong but went to shit. I feared that the political tone was going to be all one sided but that hasn't happened. Alison Pill plays her character with the right pitch. Those clowns and that purple haired ring leader bring the creep!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast