Forgot your username?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    606 Post(s)
    Level

Old Man Rick Speculation (Comic Spoilers)

I get the feeling all season this "Old Man Rick" will be teased in the post credits/cold opens similar to Morgan in Season 5.

Similar to No Way Out, All Out War will not end in Episode 8 but instead will be dragged out till Episode 9 so AMC gets their BIG mid$EA$ON PREMIERE!!!11!!!!11! and then around Episode 10ish that is when we'll see the Old Man Rick scene finally play out fully.

We'll be experiencing the time jump through Rick's eyes similar to how we experienced the post apocalypse with Rick. Eventually the blurriness will fade and it will be revealed to not be a dream and actually real but if you are familiar with the comics you already knew that. It's Gimple so of course he's gonna get all artsy fucking fartsy about it.

It'll be interesting to see how they handle his leg because the show loves to pander but Rick won't be able to do crazy stunts anymore with a bad leg (Daryl will probably get em all >.>) but the one thing the show does have going for it is at least Rick still has his hand so he'll still be able to use rifles and shit. He just won't be able to run or jump.

Still, I think i'd rather Rick lose his hand than having a bad leg because It's gonna be sad to watch Rick hobble around while Daryl hogs all the screen time.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Hey new here--not a GN reader but I'm open to spoilers...I was kind of looking forward to a time jump but I didn't realize Rick would have to look like Santa for that to happen.
    I've decided to be totally superficial and trivial in being incredibly depressed that SexyRick will be gone. I mean, I could get used to the beard, but cutting Andy's gorgeous hair for no reason...I mean, wtf.
    Sorry. Indulge my whiny butt!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Sorry, just wanted to add...I also hate the idea of a bad leg...how will he run or be bowlegged and gorgeous?!?!
    Ugh, I'm in a mood

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm actually excited to see how all the characters have aged. Not sure if anyone remembers, but early during filming season JDM had a massive grey beard before shaving it so I'm curious if we will get flashforwards of him as well. Will be interesting!

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1248 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by BMT View Post
    I'm actually excited to see how all the characters have aged. Not sure if anyone remembers, but early during filming season JDM had a massive grey beard before shaving it so I'm curious if we will get flashforwards of him as well. Will be interesting!
    My prediction: FrG will go bald

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Level
    At least old man Rick's beard looks well groomed and he's clean.

I wonder what will happen to Daryl? Will he finally shower, shave, and shampoo?

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    606 Post(s)
    Level
    Rick will probably be the only one to look 15-20 years older than he actually is. "Old Man Rick" actually isn't old. He might look like he's Hershel's age but he's actually only 4-5 years older (In the comic). It's just everything he's put his body through mentally and physically have made him look older than he actually is. At least that's how it is in the comic. The stress of being the leader the whole time and Negan making him a gimp.

Rick is apparently only 38 as Old Man Rick in the comic but Comic Rick also started off as a younger Rick Grimes so I imagine that the show version of Old Man Rick will probably either be AL's current age now OR if TV Rick is AL's current age at 43 then TV's Old Man Rick will be around 45-48ish. He'll technically still be younger than a lot of characters we've already seen on the show like Merle, Negan and The Governor.

As for everyone else, maybe some people will change the way they wear their hair but nobody else is going to be that different. I don't see Daryl changing at all though it'd be nice if he stopped using dye.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    628 Post(s)
    Level
    So he's not dying this season? That sucks. I was hoping he'd escape this show

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    360 Post(s)
    Level
    This summer I decided to read the GN (which I'm really enjoying) and yes, this Rick looks just like his comic version. But just the way it presented him in what I assumed was a hospital bed, definitely reminded me of S1E01. He just didn't look as battered as he did back then. I don't care for the mustache and beard, but he looks good with the gray buzz cut ~ it makes his blue eyes more noticeable.

If he has to have one of his comic infirmities I wonder if it might be his hand. Hershel and Bob already had leg "issues" on TV, so would it be done with Rick? I don't like the idea of him limping around instead of his trademark bow-legged swagger either, so idk.

One other thing, if Rick has aged, then others have also. Will Negan have long hair, will Carl have short hair (hopefully) ?

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    606 Post(s)
    Level
    Yeah but Rick isn't actually aging much. It's only a few years. Rick just looks super old because of stress from being the leader and Negan makes him a gimp at the end of All Out War.

So I wouldn't expect much aging from the other characters. Coral will be an adult I guess but Chandler is already there so he'll look the same unless he grows facial hair or something. The rest it wouldn't make much of a difference. If Tara is 29 (I'm just going by her actresses age) and they jump ahead 4-5 years she'll still only be 33-34. That's not that big of a difference. Aging in most cases only really affects the young and the old. Everyone in between doesn't look that much different.

If they follow the comic Eugene grows his hair out in to a Super Saiyan 3 version of his mullet and then wears it similar to how he wore it when he was with Abraham at the bullet place just longer. Jesus wears his hair up but it's still the same. Maggie's hair is kept the same. Rosita's is kept the same. Ezekiel's is the same. Gabriel grows a beard. Aaron's hair is slightly longer but that's just because Aaron always had slightly longer hair in the comic. Michonne wears her hair different but it's not cut or anything. Negan does grow his hair and beard long for a while because he is kept in a cell after All Out War for years. That's pretty much everyone since people like Daryl, Enid, Tara and others are not in the comic so I suppose they could do other things with them but like I said they won't age that much. The biggest changes are with Rick, Negan (until he goes back to his classic look), Coral (because he stops wearing the thing over his eye and moves the hair out of his face but it's not cut) and I imagine Judith will be the biggest change but she wasn't in the comic at this point.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast