1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Level

The Walking Dead: Season 8 Begins with Taking the Fight Back to Negan

IGN interview with Tom Payne -

Like any season of The Walking Dead, Payne promises that Season 8 will be filled with horrible moments and plenty of death, as well as challenging dilemmas for the core characters to make. With Season 8 exploring the "All Out War" between Negan and Rick's groups, characters will be forced to make decisions that are questionable, and Payne looks forward to the audience questioning them.

"I think there's some really strong work from certain characters this year who have been given amazing character arcs to go through. There's just an insane amount of action, and different dilemmas," said Payne. "There are characters who are involved in war, so what is the right thing to do during war? Is it just kill everyone? In every war, there are casualties who maybe shouldn't have been. There are dilemmas that I hope the audience is involved in as well in watching it, and there are choices to be made of how to move forward at certain stages. I'm excited to see what the audience thinks of decisions that certain characters make."

We also asked Payne about that epic fight scene teased in the Season 8 trailer that shows him and Lennie James' Morgan duking it out. "For me, that was an 'oh my god, yes, I get to show off some fight stuff,' and also with another character who has fight stuff," said Payne. "Whatever it is, it's just very cool to see characters who know what they're doing get together and do that."

Source

Video of full interview -

ETA -

I'm going to include this quote from cnet's interview with Norman Reedus. The full interview is mostly about Daryl with some stuff about Ride so I don't think we need a separate thread in the spoiler section for it, but he did say this about season 8.

What can we expect in the new season?

It feels like our original show again. I didn’t love last season, shooting it. I didn’t see anyone. I was crying all the time. I was naked and eating dog food. It was just no fun. This season feels like our show again.

Source

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Level
    Lol,even the cast is trashing the last season, hahahahaha, this is fucking gold, i wonder what will the show apologists say after seeing this ? You know something is bad when even the biggest star next to Andrew Lincoln is talking shit about .

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by JonSnow17 View Post
    Lol,even the cast is trashing the last season, hahahahaha, this is fucking gold, i wonder what will the show apologists say after seeing this ? You know something is bad when even the biggest star next to Andrew Lincoln is talking shit about .
    Haven't seen anything from Andrew myself, but several of the cast have talked about how they didn't like being separated for filming last season because they're so used to seeing each other and hanging out during filming. They all seem a lot more excited about filming for season 8 so, hopefully, that's a good sign.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Level
    There were too many bottle episodes last season and mistakes made, especially when they never showed the immediate aftermath of Glenn and Abe's deaths. But, I look at season seven as a setup season for season eight, let's hope it was all worth it.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by meesha1971 View Post

I didn’t see anyone. I was crying all the time. I was naked and eating dog food. It was just no fun.

Source
    Huh. I don't remember them making a bottle episode about my typical Saturday night...

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    When are we going to get some real spoilers. I feel like last year at this time we already knew a lot we knew the Negan victim's we knew about Daryl being captured,Dwight's story line and even some Carl stuff. So far nothing this season I thought this deep into filming we would have a lot of spoilers by now.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by zillajay23 View Post
    When are we going to get some real spoilers. I feel like last year at this time we already knew a lot we knew the Negan victim's we knew about Daryl being captured,Dwight's story line and even some Carl stuff. So far nothing this season I thought this deep into filming we would have a lot of spoilers by now.
    Last year was unusual. Probably because people were so determined to find out who the Lucille victims would be. This is a more normal filming season. They've been on break from filming for the past 2 weeks. Supposed to start filming again this week so hopefully we'll get some info. Not sure how much since it's likely to be a lot more studio - stalkers can't get anywhere near filming at the studio so we don't usually get a lot.

We actually have gotten quite a bit for 8A though. There's a detailed report about the sanctuary attack in the premiere. Father Gabriel gets left behind by Gregory and ends up a prisoner at the sanctuary. Rick gets captured and held prisoner by the junkyard group. It appears that Daryl, Rosita, Morgan, Tara, and Michonne will rescue him. He'll be back in ASZ in time for Negan's attack - several houses and the church get blown up. And it looks like there will be a similar attack at the Kingdom - a crew member posted a filming pic showing a fire there. I'm working on a breakdown for all the episodes in 8A since they're finished filming those episodes now, but you can check the filming threads for more details in the meantime.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Thanks for the reply I appreciate it I didn't know all that guess just didn't know where to look the breakdown is what helps that will be Great look forward to that when you post it.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    My hopes aren't high but if it's better than last season it is a set up.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status

Awaiting Gimple's Replacement In Negan's Bed.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Level
    I wish Negan would beat the shit out of Rick.. like a full on fucking brawl and Rick is left a bloody broken weeping fucking mess on the ground.

As for Norman... I wish the same could be said about me not having to see him or at least when I did he wasn't a fucking drunken cry baby and I could understand what the hell he was saying.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast