1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Level

Jeepers Creepers 3 World Premiere Shut Down by Threats of Protests

I love the first two "Jeepers Creepers."
    They are phenomenal Creature Feature films and I'm psyched that a third one is on the way.
    Suddenly?
    I just found out that the world premiere has been cancelled due to threats of protests.
    Why? Well...

Writer and director Victor Salva has a very dark history.
    There's no getting around the fact that he's committed a sick crime in his past.
    Writer/director Victor Salva videotaped himself sexually molesting a young boy.
    Yes...this is true. And it's disgusting.
    Salva has done his time in jail and I believe if he's changed? That's between him and whoever he wants to connect with.

Now that "Jeepers Creepers 3" is on the way, threats of protests are out.
    People want Salva to pay for his crimes...despite the fact that he already did...
    The premiere has been pulled but people believe that's not enough.

My question is:
    Should people really focus on a man like Victor Salva (who has done his time) while known child rapists like Roman Polanski receive Oscars for their work?
    Kinda hypocritical.

http://horrorfreaknews.com/advanced-...-protest/19928

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Level
    Polanski should pay for what he did and this is completely hypocritical. I hate protesting, but this is one I can get behind. I was a big fan of the first two Jeepers Creepers and saw both in the theater, but I will not knowingly support a child molester even if he has done his time.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Maggies ripped and shredded uterus Anton69's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Level
    Yeah it's been known forever bout him look at jeepers, powder or any of his stuff and it's got creepy guy written all over it. Lots of teen boys in their underwear so after I heard about him it made sense and I bailed from anything he does. Just as I do with Polanski

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Anton69 View Post
    Yeah it's been known forever bout him look at jeepers, powder or any of his stuff and it's got creepy guy written all over it. Lots of teen boys in their underwear so after I heard about him it made sense and I bailed from anything he does. Just as I do with Polanski
    I refuse to watch "Powder."
    That just makes me feel not right for all the wrong reasons.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    615 Post(s)
    Level
    When I'm watching a movie I don't give a fuck about what a director did in his own personal life. Sure, the guy fukt up but that's between him and the law. There are people that want to see this movie and there are other people involved in the movie that didn't do anything wrong.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Level
    Looks like people have protested him before. From last year
    http://deadline.com/2016/03/jeepers-...ed-1201727352/
    Director Victor Salva’s plans to film Jeepers Creepers 3 in Canada has hit a snag. Salva, who was convicted on child molestation charges nearly three decades ago, had posted a casting notice on Breakdown Services for a film that shoots this spring in British Columbia. But when the Union of British Columbia Performers found out about it, they sent an alert to talent agents warning them about his criminal past. Breakdown Services then removed the casting notice from its site.
    Where's Meryl Streep and Harrison Ford to talk about how great this guy is?
    Gross.

eta...one victim states that his abuse took place over the course of 6 years. Of a three year sentence, Salva served 18 months. "Legally" he may have done his time but 18 months is nowhere near enough for what he did.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    I am King, everything is possible. King Grimes's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    742 Post(s)
    Level
    Hollywood is full of these types. Look up "Gay Hollywood Mafia" on youtube, or "Casting couch" and see the stories that come up about what is done to actors of all ages who are trying to break into the industry or (if they are already in the industry) get more fame. Young or old, male or female - damn near everyone is exploited in some kind of way, and most times sexually. Network execs, directors, showrunners, writers, agents, etc get the same and look the other way when it happens to others. Corey Feldman is one of many who have spoken up about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roW238dfUUk

Children are a pain, but they are the most innocent of us. If it could happen to them it could happen to anybody. This fool videotaped himself but what about the others who have done harm to children but haven't taped it? If this is a start of a bigger awareness on the issue then I say it's about time and that more of these protests should happen. If this is just the singling out of just one director then I'm not as enthused. It's a systemic issue within Hollywood. Jeepers Creepers 3, even if it's released straight to DVD, might still make a profit.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    615 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by King Grimes View Post
    Hollywood is full of these types. Look up "Gay Hollywood Mafia" on youtube, or "Casting couch" and see the stories that come up about what is done to actors of all ages who are trying to break into the industry or (if they are already in the industry) get more fame. Young or old, male or female - damn near everyone is exploited in some kind of way, and most times sexually. Network execs, directors, showrunners, writers, agents, etc get the same and look the other way when it happens to others. Corey Feldman is one of many who have spoken up about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roW238dfUUk

Children are a pain, but they are the most innocent of us. If it could happen to them it could happen to anybody. This fool videotaped himself but what about the others who have done harm to children but haven't taped it? If this is a start of a bigger awareness on the issue then I say it's about time and that more of these protests should happen. If this is just the singling out of just one director then I'm not as enthused. It's a systemic issue within Hollywood. Jeepers Creepers 3, even if it's released straight to DVD, might still make a profit.
    Yeah, I've heard about this. It's one of the most popular yet somehow still pretty unknown things in Hollywood. Most people are just scared to talk about it I guess for fear of it ruining their career.

That said, why punish everyone else for one persons bad actions? Would you buy something from Walmart if one of the people worked there was a child molester even if everyone else that worked there was innocent? I get that this is a slightly bigger deal because this guy is putting his name on it but there is a lot of others involved. The most I think could be done is maybe just blacklist him from future jobs but even then that was 30 years ago. I think it'd be better to go after the people that are actively cummiting these crimes instead of someone who has already been punished. Maybe he should have been blacklisted then but if he truly has been not fucking up for the last 30 years then that's gotta count for something I guess.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Waiting for Aaron to get more screentime.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Level
    At first I thought they were going to protest due to the violence or some other petty bullshit and was ready to just shake my head at peoples stupidity but protesting for this makes a helluva lot more sense. Why focus on just him? It should be a larger issue but they're choosing for one person to be their focal point..

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Level
    I still enjoy watching the first film, but I didn't know the director was a pedo until a couple years ago. I'll download the film and watch it, but I won't give any money to it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast