Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

View Poll Results: How would you rate Mercy?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll

9 7.32%

8 6.50%

17 13.82%

26 21.14%

21 17.07%

21 17.07%

8 6.50%

5 4.07%

4 3.25%

4 3.25%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
  1. Back To Top    #71
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1247 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by butters4444 View Post
    I almost hope at this point that they straight up just abandon the comics. Let The saviors win. Put Rick in jail.

I feel like I know exactly whats gonna happen in the next 3 years of this show. And thats not good.
    I also am having a very hard time with them portraying our group as the total rays of good in this scenario. Lest we forget, Rick and co. went and colbloodedly slaughtered 30 some odd saviors in their sleep. Carol and Maggie burned about ten of them alive. Daryl blew up 10 with a rocket launcher. Negan took out 2 with a bat for punishment, and only took out more when Carl came and mowed more of his men down. Id say that its not as cut and dry as the writers are making it.
    Maybe they will. Michonne did tell Carl, "This is your show now."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Dee View Post
    I gave it a seven, it was really good in some scenes and not so good in others. It should have been so much better given that it's the 100th episode. The skipping around in time didn't make a whole lot of sense and took away from the scenes from the present. I think they were trying to be clever but it failed. Why oh why did they have Rick with so many chances to kill Negan? I get they can't kill him off in the first episode, but there had to be a better way for that scene to play out. If everyone is questioning it, then they really blew it and it's just an insult to our intelligence. I thought the plan of attack was brilliant and I loved the call back scenes. The dialogue between Rick and Negan was funny and I loved when Rick said, "you're gonna make me count?" Then he starts shooting when he gets to seven. If he was planning on shooting anyway, why did he wait? I'm hoping it will all make more sense in the episodes to come.
    This is my problem. In trying to put myself into Gimple's head, I think he was trying to show that, although Rick promised Negan he would kill Negan, Rick wants to make an extravaganza of it. While we heard plenty of "it's not about you" said to Rick, in Rick's mind it is about himself. I get that; but they should not have made Negan such an easy target because, while Rick's actions may be all about Rick, there were a lot of others on Rick's side for whom it wasn't about Rick but the people they lost and the humiliations THEY'VE suffered under Negan. Hell, why didn't Maggie take Negan out? She has very good reason to take him out. I'm with you on there having to be a better way.

Gimple needs a "Reality Check Czar" who follows him around with stuff like this. He can still write the show he wants, but he can do it without completely effing up the logic.

2. Back To Top    #72
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    Maybe they will. Michonne did tell Carl, "This is your show now."

- - - Updated - - -

This is my problem. In trying to put myself into Gimple's head, I think he was trying to show that, although Rick promised Negan he would kill Negan, Rick wants to make an extravaganza of it. While we heard plenty of "it's not about you" said to Rick, in Rick's mind it is about himself. I get that; but they should not have made Negan such an easy target because, while Rick's actions may be all about Rick, there were a lot of others on Rick's side for whom it wasn't about Rick but the people they lost and the humiliations THEY'VE suffered under Negan. Hell, why didn't Maggie take Negan out? She has very good reason to take him out. I'm with you on there having to be a better way.

Gimple needs a "Reality Check Czar" who follows him around with stuff like this. He can still write the show he wants, but he can do it without completely effing up the logic.
    Excellent point about Maggie, I didn't even think of that. The only thing I can think of for this shit logic is they're playing mind games with Negan and trying to break him down. Showing him that they have the upper hand now, idk it still could've been so much better.

3. Back To Top    #73
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Level
    I didn't hate it. Some bits I enjoyed - the taking out of all the scouts, for instance. And Carl at the petrol station was a nice nod to the pilot episode. But otherwise...that was such a ridiculous waste of bullets. No one shooting Negan when they had the chance. I tuned out during Rick's speech. And I got to about the fifty minute mark & went "meh...I'm kind of bored." I'll give it a six.

4. Back To Top    #74
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Level
    I dont know what rate to give. As an episode, it was just okay. There are good things and there are also flaws here and there. Not gonna enumerate it, it's obvious. But as a premiere, it was underwhelming. Kinda boring? I don't like it. The speeches and drag scenes were too much. And I was annoyed at Ezekiel. The herd thing was already been used way back s6 premiere so to me, it got kinda old for the premiere. And one more I hate the most, the hallucination/artsy crap/dream or whatever you call it, i don't know, is already annoying me more and more whenever TWD use it. I feel like it's already getting corny, cheesy. It's just a distraction, it's not needed. Yeah, some worked but to me, most are cringy. And yeah I agree, the confrontation where Negan and co. are outside and no one is shooting is ridiculous.

5. Back To Top    #75
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Level
    2 little 2 late. So many ideas poorly executed, terrible editing made this episode additionally confusing to watch. I am simply going to imagine that this episode didn't exist because nothing significant or intelligent happened to move the war/story along. It was just a bunch of action gimmicks at best intermixed with frustration, extreme frustration (I will call this episode "Blue Balls Part I, All Out Bore" as I know there will be more to come/or not to come). Doesn't matter how many saviors they kill anyway, they have an unlimited supply as the story sees fit. They will bounce back twice as strong and stretch out the war for most, if not all of the season. Everyone will find more ammo, Rick will be a selective baddass and no one important will die...

6. Back To Top    #76
    Status
    Squirrel Hunter JackietheStripper's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Level
    Many things didn't make sense, why waste ammo on the windows? And it seemed stupid that they wouldn't at least try to shoot Negan as he was standing right in front of them with no shield! I mean, when Carl went to the Sanctuary and started shooting his people, Negan had enough brain to carefully put a guy in front of himself just in case and it seems weird that he would just stand there with no worries this time.

And don't get me started on Tara...

I've always talked about how much I love this show but even I'm like "what the hell?". There were some scenes I enjoyed though and I feel too invested to stop watching but they need to step it up.

7. Back To Top    #77
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    5. I actually skip almost all the last half, so coming back I actually enjoyed last night episode (even though the edit was a little bit annoying), but then you have Rick telling people since the very first minutes "This end now" or something like that which wasnīt true and is actually going to last (at least) this first half so...but wasnīt that bad.

8. Back To Top    #78
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Level
    I have it on my DVR. It's Wednesday morning at 12:30 am......I still haven't watched it. I almost even forgot to DVR it.......I used to have a big premier event at my house for premieres......like, I don't even care anymore. I'm so sad.

9. Back To Top    #79
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    291 Post(s)
    Level
    6/10. It was just a decent episode. I didn't love it or hate it, but it didn't really feel like a season premiere either.

10. Back To Top    #80
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Canīt watch the whole episode, just the last half, but what I did hate: - That bloodless bite in the neck -Shiva scene.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678