Forgot your username?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Back To Top    #11
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Level
    I buy into FTWD hurting TWD. It is overkill. One mediocre zombie show is enough and I honestly haven't been excited for TWD since FTWD started, except for last season's premiere. There are a few other issues with the show (mostly writing) but after Season 1 of FTWD, it really doesn't seem like people care as much.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Level
    THIS^^^! Stole the post from my hands! LOL!!

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Level
    There were 15 million viewers for Live+3, showing that many haven't stopped watching the series, they're just not watching it live.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Level
    Given how fuck-awful the premier was, the hype-overkill, AMC literally running the show to death (it seems like there's a Walking Dead marathon every month (since what, season 2?) and Fear The Walking Dead started off poorly; add in pointless Talking Dead tie-ins, merchandising overkill, the telegraphed dumpster fake-out from season 6 that they literally bungled in execution and then had to confirm on Talking Dead that Glenn would be back; a shitty season 6; deciding to make the Negan kills a cliffhanger (which was universally resented and built up more ill-will from dedicated fans than any other series in history. I don't count the sissies who couldn't hand the Negan kills in season 7 because those are the soap opera soccer mom shipper types who complain about a fucking zombie show being, "too violent." They were bound to bail on the show eventually. If the iconic Negan introduction mayhem didn't do then the Whisperers certainly would have down the road); the convoluted salvage yard scavenger slaughter fodder that did nothing more than drag shit out in season 7; that fucking CGI deer (I'll be honest, I'm just tossing that in because it was so fucking bush league that the show should be ashamed of how poorly that turned out yet Shiva looks fucking stellar: NO EXCUSE!); the producers thinking toning down violence would placate the soccer mom shipper assholes who already bailed (they ain't comin' back); fans getting tired of being fed lines of bullshit from the entire cast and crew during hype time.....

ALL of that is one heapin' shit sundae that people don't want shoved at them.

And then there's fatigue. The show hasn't been consistent in quality for two seasons and starting off season 8 with that fucking terrible 100th episode premier that delivered absolutely nothing of note: I reckon once Carl is killed off the program will reach the point of no return. Maybe - and I stress maybe - the mid season finale will experience a slight uptick in ratings because viewers might return just to see how they kill off Carl (some possibly gleeful about that, some simply wanting to see the moment this show killed itself in the process; some simply wanting to see how the show handles this massive diversion from the comics), but it won't last. They haven't cleaned house of a shitty writers room. That helped inject life into this show in seasons 2 and 3, and it is clear that Scott Gimple is incapable of inventing anything original to add to this show's universe on the level that Frank Darabont was (see: Daryl). At best, Gimple can build upon better ideas that superior talents created (see: Daryl and Merle; the Terminus cannibals. The character of Simon almost comes close, but I lay that upon the actor and not the material. It could be argued that the character of Simon takes heat away from Negan's villainy (and some could make the argument that the actors should have been switched around) but Gimple hasn't earned praise for that. He shouldn't either. A band aid on a chest wound of a record doesn't cut it.

I have digressed.

This show is done. Creatively: game over. It will likely linger around like a bad fart for another season or two, but in the end all of the blame falls onto the shoulders of a stale writers room teaming with hacks.

Now Gimple can kill two shows in the Walking Dead universe as he executive produces Fear in season 4.

I also posit this theory:
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by King Grimes; October 27th, 2017 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Don't forget to use spoiler tag

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Level
    My view is FTWD has really harmed the original.
    FTWD has nothing to do with the declining popularity of TWD. TWD harmed itself by a completely utter and full o nonsens storyline that is dragged since the S4. This show finaly reached the point where people said enough and stopped watching it.

Funny enough, season 3 of FTWD is one of the best seasons this tv universe has since the departure of Frank Darabont. Maybe the spin off hasn't achived enormoulsy big viewership level, but the quality of the story was far better than everything Gimple and Mazzara did in the las 5 years.

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status
    Waiting for Aaron to get more screentime.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasc View Post
    Sorry, but all of us have opinions, and I know a lot of people really turned off by FTWD, and I do believe this has harmed TWD.
    Where did anyone state you weren't allowed an opinion? You're blaming the original shows failure on a spin off just because you dislike it so much. Nothing more than a biased viewpoint as plenty of people have been vocal about this season of ftwd being better than last season of this shit show.

But yeah it's all the spinoffs fault Can't possibly be the fact this show sucks ass

7. Back To Top    #17
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Level
    I don't think FTWD is a factor in the lower ratings for TWD. It isn't zombie fatique IMO. The viewing public is becoming weary of the awful writing. I do think the gory 6th season premiere turned some people off but you can't be too sensitive to gore or you wouldn't be watching a zombie show. I hated that whole episodes because it was (to me, I'm a wimp) as if tptb relished every cruel moment. I can handle gore but the reveling in the beating death of Glenn and Abe was creepy.
    Last season was awful. It's no wonder to me that fans are turning away or watching it later.
    I don't think it is fatique with the characters. I think it is the lack of communication within the core group. Rick talks to Michonne (who's lost her edge since the Night of the Magic Mints). Carol was brooding at the creepy house. Daryl was prisoner in Negan's lair. Maggie was off at Hilltop.
    I don't think the loss of that actor that may be leaving is going to kill the show, (might not be true anyway), but no one wants to see another gory death of a beloved character.

8. Back To Top    #18
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Level
    We've talked a lot about the cliffhangers and fake outs and bottle episodes, and all those factors have definitely sped up TWD's decline. However, ratings actually began declining about midway through season 5, which many consider the best season of the series. Did the Hospital arc turn people off? The deaths of Tyreese and Beth? Arriving to Alexandria instead of surviving on the road? Just zombie fatigue? I'm not sure.

9. Back To Top    #19
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnuffVille View Post
    Where did anyone state you weren't allowed an opinion?
    Please don't falsify what wrote. I did not claim anyone was saying I don't have a right to an opinion. I wrote that is was my opinion

You're blaming the original shows failure on a spin off just because you dislike it so much
    The failure of FTWD is because I dislike it? No.

Its failure is multi-causal, and some of that is having some affect on the original. The original is still a massive success, while the spin off is doing terrible given the popularity of the franchise. this has happened with other series spin offs as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12