Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #21
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    The Rick and Daryl thing seems really dumb, but the rest of the episode sounds okay.

2. Back To Top    #22
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Level
    Hmmm. Well, still recovering from last weeks debacle. I mean yes, they gave some half-hearted effort to King Ezekiel and the Kingdom, and they gave the fake, CGI tiger her comic death (way too early for my liking). I would have preferred to have seen Shiva longer in the series, as she was a much better actor than some of the others on the show currently. I still like Jerry and Ezekiel. So ... on to this week's upcoming Gimple led fiasco, which is not marching to "All Out War," but all out retreat by the fans and critics this season. How to fix this: more Negan and Sanctuary, better distribution of character screentime (not just focusing on a couple of characters), plot lines that make sense, more adherence to comic storyline, less Rambo-like characters (yes, I am talking about Carol), less adherence to "Deus ex machina" plot rescue (i.e. Carol saves everyone; don't get me wrong, I do like Carol, but come on), more major character death / peril = realism, more attention to detail, less time jumps and playing "cutesy" with the cutting back / forth between scenes, and stop killing season one characters prematurely (i.e. Morales)! Sorry about the rant ... Well, I think that the Negan / Father Gabriel plot line will be somewhat interesting. I think the Savior drama in the Sanctuary ... not so much, but I am glad they are at least doing something with the Saviors and the Sanctuary, and not focusing solely on Rick, Carol, Daryl, Ezekiel, Morgan, etc. This is supposed to be "All Out War," not one-sided war. I am not sure what the coherent thought is about having Rick and Daryl fight! That is the dumbest idea I think I have ever heard. Here you are supposed to have two guys who have basically proclaimed themselves surrogate brothers and have gone to the ends of the earth for each other, and NOW THEY ARE GOING TO FIGHT OVER WHETHER THEY ARE GOING TO USE EXPLOSIVES ON THE ENEMY IN A WAR FOR SURVIVAL!!! WHO WRITES THIS SHIT!!! REALLY??? Talk about contrived, soap opera, non-sensical bullshit!!! Then they are going to split up and go their separate ways, meanwhile letting the explosives (which might I add would be an EXTREMELY VALUABLE WEAPON IN AN APOCALYPTIC, SURVIVAL SITUATION) blow up meaninglessly. Oh, don't mind the fact that Rick is going to willingly go to an ENEMY CAMP TO ALLOW HIMSELF TO BE CAPTURED? WHHHAAATTT???!!! This not only does not make sense, it flies in the face of logic. This is a problem. This is why viewers are leaving. It doesn't make sense. You have characters doing exactly the opposite of what would be expected of their character to do, but also you have fake, unnecessary conflict between characters. The Rick and Daryl fight ... I am just not buying it. Once again, it is just my opinion. This is just a TV show. It is not reality. I am not the one writing it either. Of course, I will keep tuning in week in and week out regardless. I am still a fan, but I just feel like the train has left the tracks. I used to think that Scott Gimple did some amazing stuff for the show, but I am not sure what this is about this season or last season for that matter. I still think there is time for course correction on this series, but I am worried.

3. Back To Top    #23
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by QuincyM.E. View Post
    Hmmm. Well, still recovering from last weeks debacle. I mean yes, they gave some half-hearted effort to King Ezekiel and the Kingdom, and they gave the fake, CGI tiger her comic death (way too early for my liking). I would have preferred to have seen Shiva longer in the series, as she was a much better actor than some of the others on the show currently. I still like Jerry and Ezekiel. So ... on to this week's upcoming Gimple led fiasco, which is not marching to "All Out War," but all out retreat by the fans and critics this season. How to fix this: more Negan and Sanctuary, better distribution of character screentime (not just focusing on a couple of characters), plot lines that make sense, more adherence to comic storyline, less Rambo-like characters (yes, I am talking about Carol), less adherence to "Deus ex machina" plot rescue (i.e. Carol saves everyone; don't get me wrong, I do like Carol, but come on), more major character death / peril = realism, more attention to detail, less time jumps and playing "cutesy" with the cutting back / forth between scenes, and stop killing season one characters prematurely (i.e. Morales)! Sorry about the rant ... Well, I think that the Negan / Father Gabriel plot line will be somewhat interesting. I think the Savior drama in the Sanctuary ... not so much, but I am glad they are at least doing something with the Saviors and the Sanctuary, and not focusing solely on Rick, Carol, Daryl, Ezekiel, Morgan, etc. This is supposed to be "All Out War," not one-sided war. I am not sure what the coherent thought is about having Rick and Daryl fight! That is the dumbest idea I think I have ever heard. Here you are supposed to have two guys who have basically proclaimed themselves surrogate brothers and have gone to the ends of the earth for each other, and NOW THEY ARE GOING TO FIGHT OVER WHETHER THEY ARE GOING TO USE EXPLOSIVES ON THE ENEMY IN A WAR FOR SURVIVAL!!! WHO WRITES THIS SHIT!!! REALLY??? Talk about contrived, soap opera, non-sensical bullshit!!! Then they are going to split up and go their separate ways, meanwhile letting the explosives (which might I add would be an EXTREMELY VALUABLE WEAPON IN AN APOCALYPTIC, SURVIVAL SITUATION) blow up meaninglessly. Oh, don't mind the fact that Rick is going to willingly go to an ENEMY CAMP TO ALLOW HIMSELF TO BE CAPTURED? WHHHAAATTT???!!! This not only does not make sense, it flies in the face of logic. This is a problem. This is why viewers are leaving. It doesn't make sense. You have characters doing exactly the opposite of what would be expected of their character to do, but also you have fake, unnecessary conflict between characters. The Rick and Daryl fight ... I am just not buying it. Once again, it is just my opinion. This is just a TV show. It is not reality. I am not the one writing it either. Of course, I will keep tuning in week in and week out regardless. I am still a fan, but I just feel like the train has left the tracks. I used to think that Scott Gimple did some amazing stuff for the show, but I am not sure what this is about this season or last season for that matter. I still think there is time for course correction on this series, but I am worried.
    Exactly! I feel like for me at least, the BIGGEST illustrations of the point you made here about the characters behaving in ways that totally contradict their character and history is the apparent desire of Rick to go to the GPK, the desire of people to show mercy to the Saviors after they have all willingly served as accessories to the murders of their friends and loved ones, and the inevitable sparing of Negan by Rick. None of this makes any sense, especially if you look back at how Rick and his people handled the Termites and other threats. I get the impression from this season that the writers just decided to ignore the actual history of these characters and make them do things that only add up in the contexts of Season 8 itself. It's almost as if after spending years tweaking the story and wisely deviating from the worst aspects of the comic and taking these characters in their own direction, the show runners abruptly decided that for Season 8 they would just plop this story in our laps even though it doesn't make sense and doesn't gell. In Season 6 we learned that the Hilltop witnessed the Saviors brutally beat young kid to death at their gates. Then in Season 7 the Saviors let a bunch of walkers into the Hilltop just to say hello. And Negan was not present for any of this. And yet now Jesus and the Hilltop are talking about "living with these people" and "there is a time for peace". Furthermore, Maggie is just rolling with it after the way Glenn died? And again, look what Rick did to the leader of Terminus in Season 5--who by the way never even killed any of Rick's personal friends and still got painfully executed. So we are supposed to swallow some kind of "mercy" subplot leading to the sparing of Negan?

No way.

4. Back To Top    #24
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    I am so sick of everyone in Rick's group being at odds with one another.

Jesus and Terri are at odds because Jesus wanted to take the Saviour back to Hilltop.

Morgan and Jesus are at odds because Jesus would not let Morgan kill a saviour, although the Saviour deserves to die. Jesus was willing to kill Morgan in order to save the Saviours. Morgan went his own way .

Now Daryl and Rick are fighting because Rick is being a stupid by not letting Daryl blow up the Sanctuary. Who cares who's in there. All that matters is that Negan is in there.

So far we seem to have lost most of people. The saviour didn't care who they take out, so I do not see why Rick should care . It's a war.

We lost just about all of the good fighters from the kingdom.
    We lost Morgan and Daryl. Carl and Michonne seem to be missing in action,and father Gabriel has been captured.
    All I want is for them to kill Negan. I am so sick of them dragging it out.

5. Back To Top    #25
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Level
    Sounds awesome can't wait

6. Back To Top    #26
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Level
    Rick is going to visit Jadis?

7. Back To Top    #27
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    The Daryl / Morgan Team....NEW Dynamic Duo!! Go tell Negan they're coming...and Hell is coming with them!

8. Back To Top    #28
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricen View Post
    hey maybe it's like what happened with Rick/Shane.

They started arguing about how to do things and then Shane died. Maybe it's Daryl's turn (probably not)

they will burn u for this haha!

9. Back To Top    #29
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    621 Post(s)
    Level
    I think it sounfs interesting

10. Back To Top    #30
    Status
    Maggies ripped and shredded uterus Anton69's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Level
    They ( alexadrians, hilltop,kingdom) should just shoot rick in the head. After Giligan fucks up the plan to get off the island for the upteenth time the professor should have just drowned him. The way they write rick is just as bad. Oh look another contrived bullshit argument for plot padding. Can't wait to see the ratings for this garbage.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast