Thread: That Fight

1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level

That Fight

Does anyone else think that fight would've been better executed if Daryl actually had some dialogue about those people practically worshipping Negan? I mean we even got a scene of them kneeling down to Negan as if he was a king or god in the same episode.

I thought the dialogue to the fight was so out of place and it could've been easily solved if Daryl had used some of his knowledge from his experience in the Sanctuary and how the people are so dedicated and loyal to the Negan. I can understand the fist fight if they both had strong arguments and dialogue at that point but it just felt weak and forced.

Does anyone else think they could've made that scene more impactful?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Kogar View Post
    Does anyone else think that fight would've been better executed if Daryl actually had some dialogue about those people practically worshipping Negan? I mean we even got a scene of them kneeling down to Negan as if he was a king or god in the same episode.

I thought the dialogue to the fight was so out of place and it could've been easily solved if Daryl had used some of his knowledge from his experience in the Sanctuary and how the people are so dedicated and loyal to the Negan. I can understand the fist fight if they both had strong arguments and dialogue at that point but it just felt weak and forced.

Does anyone else think they could've made that scene more impactful?

I do think that Daryl having a little more dialogue about the saviour would have help the scene play out better,however I do not think that dialogue should have been about how the people worshipped Negan. Especially since it seem to be similar in all the groups. I think that Daryl should have pointed out that even if they want to save the Saviour that they could never trust them. I hate Rick being so weak. All Rick should be concern with is saving his group. Fuck the Saviour.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by luvprue1 View Post
    I do think that Daryl having a little more dialogue about the saviour would have help the scene play out better,however I do not think that dialogue should have been about how the people worshipped Negan. Especially since it seem to be similar in all the groups. I think that Daryl should have pointed out that even if they want to save the Saviour that they could never trust them. I hate Rick being so weak. All Rick should be concern with is saving his group. Fuck the Saviour.
    I agree about the Rick part. All of a sudden he wants to make peace and amends? It's understandable that he doesn't want to kill the innocents but we're talking about the same guy who lead an operation and killed basically everyone in a outpost (whether good or bad) while they're sleeping and now suddenly he doesn't want to potentially end the war with a few explosives?

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Level
    this fight could have been better executed altogether, seemed pointless (all for nothing, insulting to Ezekiel and the Kingdom etc). I liked the Rick/Shane fight better though I thought that might have ended in them making sweat love Ancient Greek style... Was representative of Shane's waning sanity, Daryl is just a fucking idiot...

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Level
    I liked the Rick/Shane fight better though I thought that might have ended in them making sweat love Ancient Greek style... Was representative of Shane's waning sanity, Daryl is just a fucking idiot...
    DAMN, if that doesn't make me want to go back and re-watch Shane and Rick fight thru different lens....heheh!!!

The Op hit on the heart of the matter, dialog!! The dialog would have framed the context! I sorely miss well placed conversations. I could do with less big rally speeches, Eugene and Tara comic relief, and symbolism of episodes past that dont speak to anything, in favor of more intimate dialog. I loved this show, I was married to it at one point..I'm still here, but we need some kind of intervention or couple's counseling if this marriage is to survive...LOL!!!

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Level
    Daryl knows how life works in the Sanctuary. He understands what "I am Negan" really means. Rick has made mistake after mistake in his interaction with Negan and his men. Rick is part of the leadership, but he doesn't have total power. There's still the King and the Widow who might disagree.

Rick should listen to Daryl. He must know something of what Daryl went through at Negan's hands and should know that Daryl refused to "Be Negan". I don't think Rick was wrong but his refusal to consider what Daryl wanted was wrong.
    Life in the ZA pushes people to do awful things to stay alive. Paula (The Same Boat) and Carol had things in common and it was Carol's awareness that she was like Paula in ways that she wished she wasn't. The Saviors and the workers are a mixture of pathologically criminal and emotionally desperate. Do the workers deserve to die when they are just trying to stay alive?
    Did the people in Hiroshima and Nagaski deserve to die so that the US could demonstrate military superiority? It's a judgment call, but Daryl should have spoken and Rick should have listened. It would have highlighted the scenes between Negan and his soldiers.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Dialog in general is a big issue. I feel the same about the whole Jesus/Morgan conflict. These characters don't converse when they need to, and it makes all arguments feel forced and bland.

Aside from that fight, though, the episode was doing pretty well with dialog between Negan and Gabe and then all the savior "generals".

Can't believe they just take the word of a dying enemy instead of checking out the outpost for a more accurate damage report.