Spoiler tags.

2. Back To Top    #32
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Level
    Baesita hate will not be tolerated.

I agree with Daryl though. "Waiting" could be risk as well. You have to take action and take them out when you can. I didnt even realize the kingdom was practically gone already. Daryls right about that. Of course its kinda risky but fuck it you gotta do what you gotta do. Ricks plan is stupid anyways...at least the junkyard part.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Does anyone need further proof that Gimple hates Maggie?

It sucks because she's my favorite but it seems like Gimple is trying to get rid of her without pissing off the fans/amc/cast. Yknow, make her want to go do other things and leave the show on her own.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Gimple only has Maggie do things because of the source material and there really is nobody else that could do that storyline (Very much like Eugene and his bullet stuff). So I don't really take "Well, he did give Maggie Hilltop" to mean much. It's not about what the character does if the character only does it all in the background. He doesn't treat anything Maggie does with care. He's always just looking for ways to find more screen time for his personal favorite characters as if this is supposed to be his story.

It has to be really fucking boring for Lauren. She's the 5th longest lasting actor on the show (Lennie don't count) and characters introduced last season have had more screen time than her. Hell, Ezekiel has had more screen time than Maggie since he's been introduced than Maggie has had since Season 4.

The weird thing is, Gimple did like Maggie until he found Carol. Maggie did a fuck ton in Season 4 up until "The Grove" then her character turned in to a background character and has been mostly there since.

Her storyline in Season 5: "Working with Deanna" (but never really shown)

Her storyline in Season 6: "Where's Glenn? oh and btw I'm Pregnant. Also, I do 1 shitty bottle episode with Stoopit Carol where she does 90% of the killing"

Her storyline in Season 7: "Glenn died :( but at least this is finally going to be my time to shine as I'm now in charge of Hillt- *skip all the way to the end of the season* Audience: "Hey look Maggie still exists and she's helping to save Alexandria like everyone else so it's not even that special!" *speech where she talks about Glenn the whole time* Sasha died :( *credits*

Her storyline in Season 8: (so far): "GREGORY! GO TO YOUR ROOM!"

About 80% of the seasons now Maggie is /afk meanwhile we are wasting 4 episodes of just shooting bullets and introducing even more new characters.

Oh, and btw, to ruin everyone's day, even Jadis has had more screen time than Maggie.

*goes to jerk off*
    I dont even think ots really that, theres just to many characters. When Aaron/Tobin/Francine/Scott/Eric get a shootout scene you know there are to many characters.

3. Back To Top    #33
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    606 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by bboyRobert View Post
    I dont even think ots really that, theres just to many characters. When Aaron/Tobin/Francine/Scott/Eric get a shootout scene you know there are to many characters.
    Maggie should be top priority. Yknow, being one of the few that actually have a story in the source material at this time. This arc literally began with her husband's death and still they did fuck all with her. And her husband wasn't some red shirt either. It was Glenn. A character that if he didn't exist there wouldn't even be a show. Rick would have died in that tank. No episode 2. Maggie is Glenn's legacy. So if it isn't bad enough that Maggie herself is a big deal and still treated like ass you can add that Glenn was also a big deal and everything he did was for her. Gimple is not only disrespecting Maggie but he's also disrespecting Glenn at the same time.

4. Back To Top    #34
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Level
    Holy shit, is there actual dialogue in this scene? This is... unheard of.

Also, I'm surprised they even used the Maggie line. I was certain Gimple would dump it and proclaim that Maggie's line in season 6 was some almighty godly complex remix that his peasant viewers just didn't "get."

5. Back To Top    #35
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Not having Maggie punch Rick is another example of Gimple not giving a fuck about Maggie.
    Gimple doesn’t really give a fuck about anything other than cheap cliffhangers, unnecessary bottle episodes, and Carol.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234