Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Back To Top    #11
    Status
    Maggies ripped and shredded uterus Anton69's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Level
    Fuck em all - all three faiths have a claim. Good, fight it out best god wins

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Level
    The Jerusalem Embassy Act of 1995 recognized Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, and put aside funds to move the embassy. We've been signing waivers to delay the move since in an effort to not interfere in peace talks. That hasn't worked so why keep doing it?
    I am hopeful that by standing with our ally, and through the influence of other voices in the region including Saudi Arabia, we will see some positive changes in the region. Hamas and Iran have to be addressed as the area moves forward.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Anton69 View Post
    Fuck em all - all three faiths have a claim. Good, fight it out best god wins
    I agree with the first part - all three faiths should try to work out a way they can live with each other & share it. I'm not holding my breath though.

I must admit I thought Jerusalem was already considered the capital of Israel, but now I know otherwise I think Trump's being needlessly inflammatory & inviting further conflict in the region, not less. If he'd only been a bit braver & more forward-thinking he could have opened two embassies - one in Jerusalem, one in East Jerusalem, a symbolic gesture that could have formed a basis for future peace talks.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Level
    Yeah, everyone's been talking about this forever, now happening. Just moving the nice Tel Aviv Stronghold to the old Consulate. I think the fear was a bunch of death (which they got, blaming both sides here btw for several reasons--placing women/children on front line and then Israel mowing them down BUT everyone knows they mess with the fence they get live rounds). Cannot blame Trump entirely for protesting this time as it is common this time of year (Israeli independence day, remember the 50th Anniversary, year I arrived in the 90s) given timing was an exacerbation of an already violent time of year... Diplomacy VS taking sides and fucking the consequences. This was not the most diplomatic decision/timing but a lot of people are going to to defend this and say fuck the 50 dead...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12