Thread: Carls Fate?

1. Back To Top    #21
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieBek View Post
    This is a show about zombies how realistic can it get? I don't get it. Why are people taking this show to heart? Even at its lowest it's still better than anything else on AMC IMO. It's about zombies. That's the appeal for me. As far as Gimple goes, no fucks are given. He's just another goon in the world of TV.
    Are you sure this show is about zombies though? I thought it was about Rick and family vs bad guy and his gang, Rick and Family beats bad guy and gang, then Rick and family encounters another bad guy and his gang. Rick kills gang, Rick encounters another bad man... Rick beats bad man, Rick finds new bad man.

Without question this show is losing me. There's no actual mission besides to stay alive. That gets boring after awhile.

Season one was great, Zombies, more zombies, scavenging, CDC, Season two was great, Zombies, more zombies, scavenging, dialogue...

Anyone else aware of how this show is falling off? Its repetitive bullshit and we're all zombies watching it because we are committed.

2. Back To Top    #22
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal View Post
    Are you sure this show is about zombies though? I thought it was about Rick and family vs bad guy and his gang, Rick and Family beats bad guy and gang, then Rick and family encounters another bad guy and his gang. Rick kills gang, Rick encounters another bad man... Rick beats bad man, Rick finds new bad man.

Without question this show is losing me. There's no actual mission besides to stay alive. That gets boring after awhile.

Season one was great, Zombies, more zombies, scavenging, CDC, Season two was great, Zombies, more zombies, scavenging, dialogue...

Anyone else aware of how this show is falling off? Its repetitive bullshit and we're all zombies watching it because we are committed.
    Its about how people react to their world falling apart around them blah blah, but to me once you throw zombies in the mix, reality/logic goes out the window.

I've said it before, I like the show - with its good, bad, and ugly. That doesn't mean I agree with everything, cause I don't. But I am committed. I guess if it makes people feel better to get their frustrations off their chest by posting to this forum, and venting - then that's their right.

3. Back To Top    #23
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by F1R3H4WK View Post
    To be fair, the bite did look pretty clean. The suggestion of it being a Whisperer is just dumb though. What kind of person would come after you by biting you? How does that make any sense?

I wonder if they ever will make it so people can survive bites. If Gabriel survives then I have to believe it's possible to survive a bite. Gabe wasn't bitten but caught a fever from the contact with the walker guts. So it should be roughly the same illness but maybe less mild.

Not sure where you get that Gabriel was sick because of the walker guts... there was nothing on the show that suggested that was the case, at least not that I saw. In fact Dr Carson said that Gabriel had several infections, which would indicate that he just had a combination of regular illnesses like cold/flu/other non-zombie viruses. There have been many cases where characters have either purposely covered themselves in walker guts or inadvertently came into contact with walker guts/blood from fighting, and no one has previously gotten sick from any of that, so it wouldn't really make sense for that to happen with Gabriel now either.

4. Back To Top    #24
    Status
    Waiting for Aaron to get more screentime.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Level
    This is a show about zombies how realistic can it get? I don't get it. Why are people taking this show to heart? Even at its lowest it's still better than anything else on AMC IMO. It's about zombies. That's the appeal for me. As far as Gimple goes, no fucks are given. He's just another goon in the world of TV.
    A. This show was never simply about zombies and the source material creator came out and said it years ago
    B. Better than anything else on AMC? Mad Men and Halt and Catch Fire say hi.

5. Back To Top    #25
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by kushmeja View Post
    Not sure where you get that Gabriel was sick because of the walker guts... there was nothing on the show that suggested that was the case, at least not that I saw. In fact Dr Carson said that Gabriel had several infections, which would indicate that he just had a combination of regular illnesses like cold/flu/other non-zombie viruses. There have been many cases where characters have either purposely covered themselves in walker guts or inadvertently came into contact with walker guts/blood from fighting, and no one has previously gotten sick from any of that, so it wouldn't really make sense for that to happen with Gabriel now either.
    Negan made the comment that everyone gets sick from walker guts. I just did a quick search though, and found this thread about it from reddit. Their theory is that the walkers are irradiated from the chem plant in the area, which would tie in with how the walkers look really weird.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thewalkingd...t_predicament/

ie They just need to give Gabe a RadAway and everything will be fine.

6. Back To Top    #26
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    360 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by kushmeja View Post
    I agree with this. Andrea was deathly ill with a cold/flu/whatever, and Michonne was helping her, and then the Governor's medical staff helped her ~ so Gabriel could have anything. How would Negan know it was the walker guts that made FG ill?? Rick and Glenn used them without issue, Carol used guts at Terminus, as did Rick, FG and Co trying to escape the herd with the Andersons. Also, imo, it didn't appear like FG had the signs of radiation sickness, although I am not an expert in that by any means.

The OP has a point though, especially after Dumpstergate, that anything is possible. However, Chandler's father has made it clear on social media that Chandler will no longer be on TWD, so something final happened to Carl to cause his exit.

ETA: Plus Chandler finally cut his hair(!) for another project ~ so I'm sure he's a goner on TWD, lol!

7. Back To Top    #27
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnuffVille View Post
    A. This show was never simply about zombies and the source material creator came out and said it years ago
    You forgot the biggest one,Breaking freaking Bad and now Better Caul Saul,though not as good as the original is still 10 times better than what TWD could ever hope to be,this guy must not watch very many tv shows to say such a dumb thing,then again his username is ZombieBek so i assume he's only watching shows or movies from this genre .

8. Back To Top    #28
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnuffVille View Post
    Yup it is. The plot ultimately is about how survivors adapted to a world falling apart around them. My point is that it has zombies in it so real/logic is out the window. Plus it's a TV show. Again for the most part logic is going to be iffy.
    I said IMO this show is the best on AMC. You can tell those two shows I said HI back, but IMO they aren't better than TWD. But you can like them. Everyone has their own taste.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JonSnow17 View Post
    You forgot the biggest one,Breaking freaking Bad and now Better Caul Saul,though not as good as the original is still 10 times better than what TWD could ever hope to be,this guy must not watch very many tv shows to say such a dumb thing,then again his username is ZombieBek so i assume he's only watching shows or movies from this genre .
    I'm a girl first off. And you're right I don't watch much tv because tv doesn't rule my life. But when I do it is horror related. I tried to watch Breaking Bad, didn't like it. Better call Saul. Nope. But that's ok, if you like them. I'm not personally attacking anyone's opinion on here. So for you to say I said something dumb is fucking rude. Stay in your own lane.

9. Back To Top    #29
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Level
    Well i apologize for mistaking your gender but that doesn't make my point anymore wrong,also just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you can't get called out on it,it's not illegal to do that .

10. Back To Top    #30
    Status
    Waiting for Aaron to get more screentime.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Level
    Yup it is. The plot ultimately is about how survivors adapted to a world falling apart around them. My point is that it has zombies in it so real/logic is out the window. Plus it's a TV show. Again for the most part logic is going to be iffy.
    I said IMO this show is the best on AMC. You can tell those two shows I said HI back, but IMO they aren't better than TWD. But you can like them. Everyone has their own taste.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm a girl first off. And you're right I don't watch much tv because tv doesn't rule my life. But when I do it is horror related. I tried to watch Breaking Bad, didn't like it. Better call Saul. Nope. But that's ok, if you like them. I'm not personally attacking anyone's opinion on here. So for you to say I said something dumb is fucking rude. Stay in your own lane.
    No... it isn't. Even the creator of the comics HIMSELF said it's about society and what happens to mankind when humanity falls. If it was simply about zombies they wouldn't have become irrelevant like they do. Mad Men and Halt and Catch Fire ARE better, not just by my own opinion either.

If you're going to make a statement don't get upset when someone questions it and then tell them to "stay in their own lane"

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast