1. Back To Top    #21
    Status
    Occasional Proud Apologist Beatrice's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    1214 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelLeigh View Post
    I think a lot of people are sick of mindless family friendly garbage, the strange political climate is really forcing people to talk about real issues instead of zonking. I hear you, just respectfully disagree.
    I disagree. There's no talking about this going on because it can't be discussed without those on the left resorting to labeling me any everybody else with whom they disagree instead of presenting a well thought point of view that differs with mine.

I never liked family friendly garbage, but I do enjoy clever satire and funny jokes. The jesters of the left, though, have abandoned intellect in favor the playground bully technique of pointing at the weird (to them) person while laughing and calling him or her names. It was never funny. It will never be funny. Except to them.

2. Back To Top    #22
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    697 Post(s)
    Level
    I have a sneaking like for family friendly garbage. I didn't used to, but as I got older I appreciate it more. Oddly enough there was a time I thought Walking Dead could be family friendly garbage, despite all the gore. I wish it had been. I would have really been intrigued if writers experienced in writing shows similiar to Little House on the Prairie, etc had tackled a world like Walking Dead.

Now go ahead and laugh

3. Back To Top    #23
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    575 Post(s)
    Level
    You know you got a problem when Jimmy Kimmel is politically correct. Does anyone remember The Man Show?

Don't even get me started on 2018 Howard Stern.

4. Back To Top    #24
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    697 Post(s)
    Level
    Adam Corolla has become fairly right wing, IIRC, while Kimmel has shifted to the left

5. Back To Top    #25
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Level
    I don't mind family friendly at all. I like having a show to watch with my kids during which we don't have to cringe through sex scenes and I am not put on the spot to explain some delicate subjects.
    @shrike I loved LHOTP!

6. Back To Top    #26
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Family friendly sitcoms seem vastly different from tv on at 10pm geared toward adults. With so many people having different opinions in the US right now it makes sense that it carries into adult programming, especially those whose bread and butter is culture critique. The same people who claim bullying have a tendency to be the same people who support people who've employed many of the exact same tactics. Obviously, this isn't always the case, this is my own personal experience. For people who support Trump to cry bully is hard to even fathom.

7. Back To Top    #27
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    697 Post(s)
    Level
    There are two kinds of bullying: the real kind, and the kind that denies the left their rightful power and total domination over all living things. Hollywood is crying bullying over the latter

8. Back To Top    #28
    Status
    Maggies ripped and shredded uterus Anton69's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Level
    Letterman wasn't rude to anyone he just didn't hide his disdain there's a difference. As for politically charged "filmmaking" it's always been there. What's different now is every jerk off in Hollywood wants to have THE most pointed tweet, so they out do themselves in stupidity. Oh and popular vote doesn't even fuckin count especially when it's concentrated in a few states with high populations. I am no fan of trump 90% of the time but goddamn anytime he can make some cocksuckin douche like van jones cry I love em

9. Back To Top    #29
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Last year I must have seen over 140 movies in the theater. Some more than once. Only maybe about 2 that I wish I hadn't seen the first time.
    I don't give a shit about any of the cast or crew's personal lives because they all most likely make more money than I do, and have no good reason to bitch about it, or, about each other. Plus they don't do anything for me outside the movies, so fuck'em. Just make the damn movies and be glad you are able to.

I also don't care about professional critics' opinions on the movies. I'd rather just watch and talk about it with co-workers or a community online like this one.

- - - Updated - - -

I never really get into politics either. I know enough to know they're all douches in their own way, and only out for themselves in the end. They should all just drop dead already.

10. Back To Top    #30
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelLeigh View Post
    I think a lot of people are sick of mindless family friendly garbage, the strange political climate is really forcing people to talk about real issues instead of zonking. I hear you, just respectfully disagree.
    Why would you call family friendly tv "garbage"? While it may be cheesy, its factually the opposite of garbage. Garbage tv is what we are fed a steady diet of and sadly, like it. Myself included lol. I do like family friendly tv though. My current guilty pleasure at the moment is "Keven (Probably) Saves The World" that we watch with our 12 year old. I think it was most likely added to the ABC lineup just so that they could say "we gave a family friendly show a shot and it didn't perform well", due to the fact that they put it on Tuesday night at 10pm. Who puts a pg/pg 13 show on at 10pm if you want kids to watch it?

As far as the Me To/Times Up crowd, I would have a lot more respect if they didn't fall into almost complete silence when the pedophilia topic in Holly Wood comes up. I guess if they acknowledge it as a real issue, people like Whoopi Goldberg, Harrison Ford, Meryl Streep, Rose McGowan, etc...have some apologies they should make.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast