Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #11
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1748 Post(s)
    Level
    That is my biggest problem with Daryl. Norman started talking out of the side of his mouth without hardly opening it at all. I don't know when it started but it is annoying. I can't understand half of what he says anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by KerryGold View Post
    The Daryl from S1-3 is gone. Sure, once in a while we get a glimpse of old Daryl but he has just gone down the tubes since the prison fell.

For me, it's not just the hair, it's his whole look that detracts from the character. I understand people becoming more shrewd and more skilled in fighting/with weapons but this guy looks like he's been working out with Hans and Franz maybe he traded his voice for the muscles? Where did they come from?

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status
    But everyone knew her as Nancy Beatrice's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    1270 Post(s)
    Level
    I have no problem with the hair except that it's in his eyes all the time. Just get it out of his eyes!

Daryl has evolved from an angry man (seasons 1 and 2) to one who assimilated and found his home and family (seasons 3 and 4A) but was always one who kept people at a distance. He's suffered some devastating personal losses - sure, they all have, but Daryl came to where he was from having and being nothing - and is coming out the other side of that. Of the three others remaining from seasons 1 and 2, all have changed dramatically; but the change in Daryl seems more dramatic because of who he was early on.

I don't expect him to go back there because he's not who he was then, but I would like him to start using his voice again and speak in longer sentences. We know he can do it because we've seen him do it a few times.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    I have no problem with the hair except that it's in his eyes all the time. Just get it out of his eyes!

Daryl has evolved from an angry man (seasons 1 and 2) to one who assimilated and found his home and family (seasons 3 and 4A) but was always one who kept people at a distance. He's suffered some devastating personal losses - sure, they all have, but Daryl came to where he was from having and being nothing - and is coming out the other side of that. Of the three others remaining from seasons 1 and 2, all have changed dramatically; but the change in Daryl seems more dramatic because of who he was early on.

I don't expect him to go back there because he's not who he was then, but I would like him to start using his voice again and speak in longer sentences. We know he can do it because we've seen him do it a few times.
    Exactly what I mean. I like himm but sometimes he is anonnying. So I hope Kang can redeem the character for S9 and hopefully give him a cut hair since is gonna be a New Beggining.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Level
    I like how he had almost no emotion for Carl dying last episode,he was like this kid that i knew for years is giving his last breath,oh well that sucks,i get that he's already suffered a lot of losses including his brother but still .

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Level
    [QUOTE=JonSnow17;1398882]I like how he had almost no emotion for Carl dying last episode,he was like this kid that i knew for years is giving his last breath,oh well that sucks,i get that he's already suffered a lot of losses including his brother but still .[/QUOTE
    I thought that his reaction was normal considering the situation. Michonne and Rick were falling apart, their emotions were raw, and Daryl realizes that he needs to take of Judith (the way he did at the prison after Lori died and Rick was crazy). There was a tunnel full of people that needed to get out of there safely. He "honored" Carl by recognizing that Carl had saved everyone by stalling Negan. He gives Carl the credit and goes on his way.
    I'm hoping that Daryl cuts his ugly hair and talks in sentences.
    Maybe Daryl is going to become the leader that Norman said in an interview.

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Level
    Just rewatch Chupacabra. That will remind you how Daryl is still grabbing onto tree roots and climbing out of the riverbed. Pretty sure Merle showed up in a vision while Daryl was at the Sanctuary.

7. Back To Top    #17
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    Yeah, um... Wasn't Kang who wrote Still and all of that Beth shit?

...Are they going to try and pair Daryl with Enid now?

8. Back To Top    #18
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post

I second this.

I have hope for Kang. I think she has the potential to get it back on track, so I'm looking forward to seeing what she does with S9. We will see in October though.

9. Back To Top    #19
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    He should get lice between Season 8 and 9 and have to shave his head and start Season 9 with a Merle-style cut. (Why has no one gotten lice yet?)

He should stop talking out of the side of his mouth and articulate more like he did in Season 1-3. Someone should write him decent dialogue again. He actually used to talk quite a bit - a little story here to Andrea, one to Carl - about his past life. I'd like to see a bit more of that.

The other issue is that he isn't really growing off of anyone anymore. What I mean by that is that his connection / strong friendship with Carol was a big source of his growth, as was his brotherhood/friendship with Rick, and, to a lesser extent, his interaction with Beth. but now he's not really emotionally attached to anyone - he's not developing off of anyone - he's THERE, he's with the gang, but he's seemed socially disconnected for an entire season or more. It looks like they've almost entirely dropped his connection with Carol, unfortunately, which I think was important to his character development for several seasons. Maybe Maggie will be the person he grows off of next season. Her breakdown there when Rick says to save Negan, and the way Daryl was looking at Maggie sympathetically, reminded me a little bit of Carol when Sophia came out of the barn, and with him joining her against Rick, I wonder if they are going in that direction of making them close friends now.

It's fine and reasonable that he's grown to be "less rednecky" but that doesn't mean he has to be less of a smart ass. I'd like to see some of that smart ass quality back.

10. Back To Top    #20
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1748 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by MT47 View Post
    He should get lice between Season 8 and 9 and have to shave his head and start Season 9 with a Merle-style cut. (Why has no one gotten lice yet?)

He should stop talking out of the side of his mouth and articulate more like he did in Season 1-3. Someone should write him decent dialogue again. He actually used to talk quite a bit - a little story here to Andrea, one to Carl - about his past life. I'd like to see a bit more of that.

The other issue is that he isn't really growing off of anyone anymore. What I mean by that is that his connection / strong friendship with Carol was a big source of his growth, as was his brotherhood/friendship with Rick, and, to a lesser extent, his interaction with Beth. but now he's not really emotionally attached to anyone - he's not developing off of anyone - he's THERE, he's with the gang, but he's seemed socially disconnected for an entire season or more. It looks like they've almost entirely dropped his connection with Carol, unfortunately, which I think was important to his character development for several seasons. Maybe Maggie will be the person he grows off of next season. Her breakdown there when Rick says to save Negan, and the way Daryl was looking at Maggie sympathetically, reminded me a little bit of Carol when Sophia came out of the barn, and with him joining her against Rick, I wonder if they are going in that direction of making them close friends now.

It's fine and reasonable that he's grown to be "less rednecky" but that doesn't mean he has to be less of a smart ass. I'd like to see some of that smart ass quality back.
    I so agree with this. What the hell has made Norman want to talk about of the side of his mouth for. I can't understand half of what he says anymore. It makes me look like a damn caveman. And it is very annoying. He is best when he is with Carol. He is calmer and more of who he really is when they are together. Plus she is about the only one that can keep him from doing stupid shit. I want to see a better more real Daryl in Season 9.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast