Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Back To Top    #41
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy - ink View Post
    Sorry a late reply. Watched it late, hope someone still cares ....... gave it a wiggly 7ish.

I love TWD come what may - stay to the very bitter end BUT .......

- Rick - I feel like saying dude [wankerish] - you were seriously 'hit my heart' emotional when you were told about the death of Lori!!!! Your beloved son died in front of you and sweat eyes?????? Come on AL you are an incredible actor and writers so WTF?

I Know the writers/producers/whoever, intent on ruining, yet again, a good story and some brilliant actors.

- Oceanside - waste of time. Enid was smart to leave an irrelevant group. “House guests like fish begin to smell after three days.”

- Simon - love his character and hope he survives but dumpster death toll could be his death warrant. Sad....

- Negan -I felt he had more more humanity about Carl, at that moment, than vengeful Rick. Rick is soooo obsessed with the 'bad guy' that he reads Negan's letter first? Yes I get that Carl's Utopian vision is the story-line but some brief acknowledgement of Rick to Carl's letter to his Dad FIRST please. His son understood his father's drive and weaknesses more than anyone.

-Jadis - For the first time I liked and felt some empathy with her character. Denuded, deconstructed and left utterly alone. Disposing of all her neutered clan into mush while she changed back into her human self. I liked the moment when she lay, reflective, by the shredder. I hope she was not thinking only about those she lost but took a snippet of time about that ugly cat art going no where.

-Rick - once again - Grieve for the son you loved so deeply - please, please take a moment and breathe. Let others take lead and integrate Carl's wishes to those he left his legacy too, for one maybe two episodes. If not Carl's death was just an irrelevant blip in the story line and Negan will be one of the very few who felt loss above hatred [can't think of the right word]. I know, wishful thinking,
    My take on this is that Rick didn't have full closure with Lori. They weren't in a great place, had only just started to talk again with little eye contact. He got to say goodbye to Carl - and, ultimately, let's face it - they've all seen so much shite by now that they're desensitized. I think, shock and the fact that they also haven't had time to grieve play a big part. I'm sure it will come.

As for the helipad, makes me think
    Spoiler Spoiler:

2. Back To Top    #42
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Level
    I gave it a 7/10. It definitely was better than many others this season. Can’t wait to see when Negan finds out what Simon did. The Walkie conversation was good. I’ve been thinking about why Carl went from jumping on the saviors truck to eliminate Negan, to “live in peace”. It seemed as though it made no sense and that the writers just magically changed his personality, but the more I thought about it the more sense it made. Carl watched Negan brutally murder several of his friends and humiliated his dad and his whole group. He wanted him gone....I get that. As the war progressed, and they find Siddiq, he realizes that his Dad cares more about Killing Negan than helping people who need it. Then he gets bit and knows he is going to die. I’m sure his whole life flashed before his eyes and everything they’ve been through. As his life was nearing the end, he realized that none of the violence is worth it. He got bit saving a man’s life and that meant something to him. He wants his Dad and his family to still have a reason to live. He “saw the light” and wanted something better for his sister and his family. He doesn’t want Judith to have to live with doing the things he’s done or live in fear that a war may wipe out everyone he loves. I guess I understand a little better why his outlook changed as he knew his end was near. Had he not gotten bit, I don’t think he would have acted this way. I dunno....just trying to understand why the writers did this to him....ugh...He did make his exit with more maturity and grace than most though and did his best to convince them he was alright.

3. Back To Top    #43
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Enjoyed
    • Simon
    • Jadis (loved her breaking and talking normally)
    • Michonne and Rich trying to put out the fire
    • Rich and Negan

It was great seeing Negan showing genuine sadness over Carl. But he gotta get it for saying Rick was a bad father, lol. And man! Did JDM look so hootttttt in that scene. I have never seen him look hotter. Anyway, Oceanside and Enid made me feel nothing.

I'm pretty interested in Jadis now. She's in a desperate state.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sleepy - ink View Post

- Negan -I felt he had more more humanity about Carl, at that moment, than vengeful Rick. Rick is soooo obsessed with the 'bad guy' that he reads Negan's letter first? Yes I get that Carl's Utopian vision is the story-line but some brief acknowledgement of Rick to Carl's letter to his Dad FIRST please. His son understood his father's drive and weaknesses more than anyone.
    While I agree that I wanted Rick to at least notice Negan was genuinely concerned and sad about Carl, I get why he didn't. He was just mad. Period. And you have to realize that reading a letter from his newly deceased son would not be that simple. Regardless of what Carl wants it's to late. But it would be great if Carl said to kill him in his letter, lol. Anyway, peacemaking has come to late.

4. Back To Top    #44
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm going to say Negan does have a limited point that Rick was a bad father. Though the actor was 18, Carl was in fact 12-14 years of age. Mature yes, but not really old enough to have the kind of latitude that he did. Carl looked like he was an adult, but he realy wasn't

5. Back To Top    #45
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1241 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by shrike View Post
    I'm going to say Negan does have a limited point that Rick was a bad father. Though the actor was 18, Carl was in fact 12-14 years of age. Mature yes, but not really old enough to have the kind of latitude that he did. Carl looked like he was an adult, but he realy wasn't
    That is a very good point.

6. Back To Top    #46
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Level
    7/10 Decent episode which is probably the best we can hope for anymore.

* Rick/Negan interaction.
    * Jadis, I couldn’t stand the GPK, but she became a little bit interesting.
    * The GPK becoming what their storyline was. A pile of shit.

Dislikes:
    * Oceanside, completely pointless.
    * Rick and Michonne firefighting scene.
    * No Maggie again.

7. Back To Top    #47
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Level
    Best episode of the series. Simon is turning into the darkest character in the show, and it was great to see him finally crack. Jadis shone through as well, and I've definitely got time for her character now. Rick and Negan's little chat was interesting, if not convincing. Oceanside was predictably poor, but you can't have everything.
    Best episode since 7-1.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345