1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Level

Issue 177 SPOILERS

Plot Points:

Rick spends more time with Mikey and we learn they're doing poetry to express their feelings over their dead loved ones (Andrea and Paula).

In Hilltop, Eduardo (surprisingly alive) catches Maggie and Dante getting kinky. Maggie decides that for now, it's not the right time and apologizes to Dante, who kisses her back and says she has nothing to be sorry for.

The couple kissing in the previews are a random girl and Sebastian Milton, the son of the Governor, Pamela. We learn he's a crybaby that likes to hit on girls, but when he's about to have sex with this girl, the moment is interrupted by Babysitter....I mean Officer Mercer who takes out a couple of walkers with a cool pair of Blades (like Blade).

In Commonwealth, Michonne learns her daughter's, Elodie, tragic backstory. She, Colette and her dad (Michonne's ex-husband) survived and found refuge in Kentucky where they were constantly raped by a group who in exchange offered them protection. One day Collete refused and got killed. In response, Elodie went full Revenge mode and killed every last one of them before finding the Commonwealth a year later.

Mercer is reprehended by Pamela because Sebastian accused him of ruining his date. In the locker rooms, Mercer chats with another soldier, George, where we find out that apparently they are tired of the leaders of the Commonwealth and want them dead. But just before we are revealed the full plans, Siddiq catches them in the act. Cliffhanger.

IMO, I think this confirms (In a certain way) the theory that there's gonna be like an internal civil war in the Commonwealth. And after reading this issue I'm so down for Mercer to be the new Antagonist.

Thoughts?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Level
    I've haven't been reading the comics for a while. I've only been keeping up through reading the plot points... but this sounds like a pretty solid set up. Kinda sounds like this Sebastian kid is like TWD Joffery.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Level
    What the fuck is he even doing with Maggie,you know what, i think Lauren Cohan is better off the show if this is her future direction of her character, jesus christ ! And you know that's going to happen because they already set up the Dante like character in that random saviour,ugh !

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status

Awaiting Gimple's Replacement In Negan's Bed.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Level
    Ugh, princess didn't die yet? She's like an SJWs wet dream and needs to go asap.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    586 Post(s)
    Level
    Dante is dead to me.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Level
    So much hate for Dante and Princess...anyways....

I think that this arc will lead to some kind of Civil War by issue 200 (only 23 issues left!!!) and after that, we are left with a core group of main cast?? Thoughts??

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Oh great... the next big conflict is some uprising from within the commonwealth..... bravo Kirkman.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Level
    im beginning to think its becoming cool to have a love hate relationship with this book and the show...yet we all come back every month to read whats new and watch a new episode.
    i didnt think this was going to be any good, but it was an ok read this month. the commonwealth is a nice change of pace and contrast to the last 100 issues (or so) of basically farm life and all that. theres real soldiers, bratty kids and even michonne is having a transformation from warrior to mother. Im hoping this changes her for good, that she puts the swords down and retires to be with her daughter at all costs. eugene looks like he has the potential to find something more there than back with rick and crew. The story might go back down to the 'war within the walls' story that is recycled but so long as negan isnt shoe horned into this story line im all for it

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by InfinityGrimes View Post
    So much hate for Dante and Princess...anyways....

I think that this arc will lead to some kind of Civil War by issue 200 (only 23 issues left!!!) and after that, we are left with a core group of main cast?? Thoughts??
    Dante is just an empty fucking character,i don't understand what his purpose is in the story other than the fact that he has the hots for Maggie and Princess just fucking sucks and shouldn't have been created .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Şωɛɛȶ Ɗҽʂƚɾυƈƚιɳ View Post
    Ugh, princess didn't die yet? She's like an SJWs wet dream and needs to go asap.
    I'm politically liberal and i hate the princess character so i don't know what you mean by SJWs wet dream ?

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    The Dante /Maggie thing is a huge kick in the balls after all that letting Negan live shit.

Commonwealth has an interesting set-up. I'm not digging Michonne's daughter and her half-assed backstory, but it could get better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast