Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    615 Post(s)
    Level

Negan and Simon *Possible Comic Spoilers*

I'm starting to think Simon may try to kill Negan. I don't think he'd succeed because sadly the show loves Negan more than Simon but I think he may be getting to a breaking point where he may attempt something.

After what happened to The Scavengers it seems like Simon doesn't give a fuck anymore. He didn't even kill Jadis to cover his tracks. It might end up being a similar situation to the Rick/Shane thing from Season 2 where Simon doesn't think Negan is capable of being the leader now.

Could this lead to a civil war within The Saviors? because It seems like Simon's guys follow him. To everyone else, they ARE Negan but to Simon it seems like they ARE Simon. The Saviors know how Negan wants things at this point. Why would they follow through with what Simon said? It's either they are loyal to Simon OR this whole time The Saviors haven't been afraid of Negan, They've been afraid of Simon and Simon just chooses to follow Negan so they do as well.

There has been speculation for a while that Simon may have led The Saviors (or at least been a high ranking member) before Negan and it was kinda hinted at when Negan asked Simon if he is backsliding and now it seems as if they are hinting at Simon being the guy that killed almost everyone at Oceanside as he just did pretty much the same thing to The Scavengers.

Maybe The Saviors support Simon over Negan or at least some of them. As I said, maybe this could lead to a civil war. Do I think it could get there this season? No. I don't think there is time. But we do know in the comics there is a bit of a divide in The Saviors and even if Simon doesn't make it through the season some of his guys could and his death could be what starts that divide because in the comics there is no Simon. There is no guy that pretty much co-leads The Saviors. Negan has higher ranking followers but nothing like Simon. So maybe in the show this is how that divide starts.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Level
    I agree, I think Simon is taking right now in a way Sherry's post war storyline. That's great because that means we won't see that part during the Whisperer War. I think Simon is gonna fight Negan and during 8x15, Negan will bash Simon's skull with Lucille like he did with....

Spoiler Spoiler:

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    615 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by InfinityGrimes View Post
    I agree, I think Simon is taking right now in a way Sherry's post war storyline.
    I don't think he's taking Sherry's storyline, I think that will be someone else later, but I think he could be what starts off that storyline. I don't see Simon making it through the season but people loyal to Simon probably will.

When Negan is defeated and Simon is killed there could be a divide within The Saviors. The Saviors that want to conquer for fun (Simon's people) and The Saviors that play along because they feel like it's necessary for their survival (Negan's people).

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I don't think he's taking Sherry's storyline, I think that will be someone else later, but I think he could be what starts off that storyline. I don't see Simon making it through the season but people loyal to Simon probably will.

When Negan is defeated and Simon is killed there could be a divide within The Saviors. The Saviors that want to conquer for fun (Simon's people) and The Saviors that play along because they feel like it's necessary for their survival (Negan's people).
    I always knew Simon was gonna die and he wasn't taking Sherry's arc. But I think you are expressing better what I tried to say. Yeah it makes perfect sense to have that. Regina is stil my top pic for taking Sherry's storyline

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Level
    I could see the Simon/Negan conflict coming to a head (someone will get bashed or shot in the head, yes). I don't see him possibly surviving the war unless he runs away at the opportune time. He did look concerned when Negan was about to start talking to Rick on the Walkie, suggesting he knows Negan will find out eventually and probably punish him in some way (or kill him)...

If I was Simon, I would try taking out Negan yesterday before the shit fully hits the fan... "Spontaneous, or pre-planned in some way, to make it look like an accident"

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    615 Post(s)
    Level
    Does anyone think the writers are trying to make Simon the bad guy so that Negan starts looking like a good guy in response to the Negan backlash last season?

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Level
    Does anyone think the writers are trying to make Simon the bad guy so that Negan starts looking like a good guy in response to the Negan backlash last season?
    Yep. In a sense...

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    721 Post(s)
    Level
    We may find out that Negan has been using Lucille to keep Simon's faction in line

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Level
    Actually, that was my first thought during this last episode between THAT specifically and Negan's sappy response to Carl... (AND the previous week with Negan all nice and dressed in white)... what was it like 3 days since he butchered both Glenn and Abraham??

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    721 Post(s)
    Level
    Another thing I've been wondering about: in the comic didn't the saviours offer more protection in exhange for what they took from other communities. In the show it doesn't appear that they do. Negan talks of saving people, so I find that odd. Again, that might be because of the Simon faction that just wants to take.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast