Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #11
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    433 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by shrike View Post
    They did have a utopia of sorts prior to 30 Days Without an Accident. I took it to mean they had 30 days without deaths or anything bad happening. Of course it didn't last, and it was only on one small corner of the world. In that world that's about all you can hope for and be lucky if you get even that
    I don't consider that a "utopia" that was people living together inside a social contract, that was civilization. That there were no incidents was due to fate and the choice of people to live peacefully together at that time, but anything could have happened. The idea of no racism, nothing that separates people, no bias etc... as described in the OP is IMO, only achievable if you are some type of collective that isn't sustainable, people aren't perfect or perfectable.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status

Awaiting Gimple's Replacement In Negan's Bed.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by InfinityGrimes View Post
    So much negativity. The virus should always remain a mistery. Fuck that shit of finding a cure or how to stop it.
    Thank you! I would like some info on it though.

- - - Updated - - -

/Everyone dies!/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    No offense, but I can't think of anything more boring.
    For real.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Şωɛɛȶ Ɗҽʂƚɾυƈƚιɳ View Post
    Thank you! I would like some info on it though.

- - - Updated - - -

/Everyone dies!/

- - - Updated - - -

For real.
    I mean. I understand everyone gives their opinion. But IDK what everyone wants. A cure seems to me stupid and cliche. I want a normal ending for everyone. A kind of diferent civilaztion rebuild and somehow the legend of Rick Grimes as a Moises like figure.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Level
    The idea of ending with a happily ever after storyline sounds boring as hell and very predictable. I don’t really care about what caused everything either. They could never give a good explanation IMO anyway. I’d expect that the end game of the show would revolve around the casts of TWD and FTWD meeting and probably the government/military reemerging and a battle between everyone. I just hope that Maggie’s the last TF member left standing at this point.

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Level
    I think a really positive, happy ending doesn't fit well with the rest of the story. Kirkman and the people he sacrificed his story to for television have a clear preference toward hopelessness and brutality. To have it end with a Utopia would flip the tone completely. Jesus-Rick seems like something they would do though - have everyone worship him even though he's a dumb prick. They'd do that, I'm sure.

As for what I think the end should be - I might prefer it to remain bleak. Have it end with everyone dying... It would be satisfying in a way, because we'd get to see the end of every single character's story. No loose ends. All those characters' stories were told in full. They are over. The end. Done. Or - on the show, have some threat that kills the entire group except Judith and Hershel Jr. who would somehow escape whatever killed the rest and that's the end. It'll leave it open for a "Judith, Hershel, and the End of the World" sequel. Or just leave it at that. We don't have to know if they live for years and years or just one more day. I don't want Rick or be in any way worshiped or appreciated as a historical figure. He didn't really do much other than go into a bunch of new groups and get everyone in those groups killed every time. I guess they could have a Rick-Grimes day just like we have Columbus day.

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Level
    Search and Destroy missions against the walkers. It should end with Rick Grimes on a horse giving a speech about no longer being the walking dead and then leading a thousand survivors into battle with swords and knives and axes against the walkers.

- - - Updated - - -

They need some Elephants and Rhinos. No possible way whatsoever a walker could bite through an elephants hide.

7. Back To Top    #17
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Level
    A happily ever after ending wouldn't work, but I'd like to see something other than this all out war story going forward. That's going to drive the population down to the point of no return if it hasn't already

8. Back To Top    #18
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Maybe have the survivors all holed up in a single fortified city. They repopulate, start thriving again - within the city - and people start forming into bands and leaving to go take back other areas. Not like a singular society, but roving bands conquering the frontier, wild west style.

That's not exactly a conclusive ending - but I really can't imagine an ending. TWD is written in a way that they're always reacting to something rather than building something. I know, the building of communities is a big part of it, but that honestly always seems to be a background element compared to them clashing against other communities. So in that vein, it would probably be something like them discovering Europe or Iceland or something has beaten the threat and is living as some sort of utopian nation.

9. Back To Top    #19
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Level
    the comic id like to see rick die, carl take over grow abit more and have a family of his own continuing surviving

the show, rick finds a community that will work with him to restore the life that he always wanted for his kid(s)

10. Back To Top    #20
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Level
    For me, it all depends on how many more seasons they have. If it's only 10, hopefully Maggie can finally give birth, and they find a peaceful existance in a community.

If it's 15, the only characters left will be Judith and Daryl. Who knows where they go with that...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast