1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Level

Fear The Walking Dead's Other Key Crossover

http://ew.com/tv/2018/03/14/fear-the...el-satrazemis/

A lot of fuss has been made over Lennie James’ Morgan crossing over from the original recipe that is The Walking Dead to the extra crispy companion series that is Fear the Walking Dead. It even seems like the actor and character will appear on both shows in the same evening — with April 15 marking the season finale of TWD and the season premiere of Fear.

But James is not the only one from the mothership to hop a flight to Austin, Texas, to be a part of the revamped spin-off. Michael E. Satrazemis, who has been TWD’s longtime director of photography while also directing 12 episodes (including “The Grove” and March 11’s “Dead or Alive Or”) has also joined the Fear team as a directing-producer to help mold the new look for the show. However, unlike James — who talked openly about saying goodbye to The Walking Dead cast and crew to move over full-time to his new venture — Satrazemis (seen above with Norman Reedus and below with Jeffrey Dean Morgan) will be pulling double-duty on both shows. (Season 4 of Fear has ben filming during TWD’s hiatus that started in late-November.) “I’m going straight back,” says Satrazemis about what happens after Fear wraps. “I’m in a year-round apocalypse!”

Echoing what The Walking Dead comic and Fear creator Robert Kirkman told us, as well as new showrunners Andrew Chambliss and Ian Goldberg, Satrazemis says to expect a lot of changes with the new team both in front of and behind the camera. “We’re switching things up a bunch this season,” he says, “and really brought in a new look and a new atmosphere. We’re upping the story now and I’m really happy with what’s going on right now. I feel like it’s its own very unique show from The Walking Dead, even with Morgan coming over. It’s a different vibe from the first three seasons. I’m really proud of what we’re doing and really excited for the fans to watch. I hope that it resonates with them the same way it is with me.”

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Level
    So....Soft reboot?

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Level
    I really wish they would’ve kept anyone that has had a hand on TWD the last few seasons away from FTWD. I just have a bad feeling that they’re going to screw it up eventually.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Level
    Uh oh,prepare for the zooms in and out .

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Level
    Dear Lord, please no fucking slow motion close-up montages of all the characters.