Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Roseanne

1. Back To Top    #71
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    582 Post(s)
    Level
    Hmm. Part of me wants this just because America needs a show like this if it at least keeps the spirit of Roseanne and part of me is annoyed because of how they turned on Roseanne in this shitstorm. She created Roseanne and made them all very rich and famous for many years and they boot her off and take over her show as if she never existed. I'm not saying they needed to agree with her or even defend her but they didn't need to shit on her like that. She's known these people for like 30 years and they turned on her pretty fucking quick. Well, not Goodman he didn't really seem to say much even if he didn't agree with her so far he is handling it right by being silent on it. Also, Darlene is kinda the worst character of the big 4 tbh. I guess if the plan is to not kill off Roseanne then it can't be a Dan spinoff because it would be weird to have a show about a guy where you can't show his wife but why not a Jackie spinoff? She's much better than Darlene at least even though Dan and Roseanne were always my favorites.

I guess for me whatever they do the show is gonna need 3 things:

1. They NEED to have a conservative character if they are going to continue to tackle politics on the show. The fanbase will fucking turn on them if they return and it's hyper liberal all of the sudden. Nothing wrong with having progressive shit in the show and having liberal characters but there needs to be a voice for conservatives too. Roseanne was one of the few shows talking about serious issues that didn't alienate half it's audience but that is a big risk if they return and lose that part of the show. That said, they really don't need to get deep in to politics at all but if they do the conservatives need to have some representation.

2. Roseanne needs to be in at least one episode to give the show her endorsement. That will get rid of some of the awkwardness. It might get some backlash but it would just be a one off guest appearance so it's not like they'll need to worry about her. I'm sure Roseanne would do it because she said on Twitter that she hates that all of the cast and crew are out of work and as I said earlier Joe Rogan kinda hinted at Roseanne may have not wanted to do the show anymore after she realized she couldn't handle the TV schedule at her age with her health so maybe it's for the best. At least we got one reunion season though but I just don't want whatever is next to totally ignore the existence of Roseanne. That would be fukt. How can you be a spinoff to something that you won't even acknowledge?

3. They cannot shit on Roseanne at all. Roseanne Conner is not Roseanne Barr even if there is similarities. I've heard of shows before taking jabs at people that have left the show on bad terms. You don't shit on the one who started it all. You just don't. No matter what she did.

2. Back To Top    #72
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Level
    It sounds to me like ABC wants their cake and to eat it, too. Good luck.

3. Back To Top    #73
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Level
    Weeks after its stunning decision to cancel Roseanne, ABC is officially moving forward with a spinoff of TV's current No. 1 series — without controversial star Roseanne Barr.

Following aggressive talks with exec producer Tom Werner, the Disney-owned broadcaster has handed out a 10-episode, straight to series order for Roseanne spinoff The Conners (working title). The new take, which will also be a multicamera comedy and premiere in the fall, will follow the Conner family who, after a sudden turn of events, are forced to face the daily struggles of life in Lanford in a way they never have before.

ABC stressed in its announcement Thursday that former star Barr will have no financial or creative involvement in the new series. Werner and Barr reached an agreement that will allow Werner Entertainment to produce the spinoff for ABC without Barr’s further creative or financial participation. Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that Barr will retain all rights to her Roseanne Conner character and any future spinoffs beyond The Conners or any future reboots of the original.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...at-abc-1117397

4. Back To Top    #74
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Level
    This has failure written all over it. Yet I'm sure the network will do its best to prop it up, even if its a massive money loser.

I read somewhere that Last Man Standing should find a way to get Roseanne Barr to appear as a guest. I hope they do.

5. Back To Top    #75
    Status
    Maggies ripped and shredded uterus Anton69's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Level
    Yeah ,can't wait NOT to watch it

6. Back To Top    #76
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    582 Post(s)
    Level
    What a shit show this turned in to. It's crazy.

What started off as a big Roseanne reunion that all long time fans could be excited about has ended with there being a 99.9% chance that they are going to kill Roseanne off. Could this have gone any worse? At this point the show should have just stayed in the past.

I'm gonna give the new show a chance but I fucking hope Dan takes the Roseanne role or it's just gonna be another liberal trump hating show that is going to be so polarizing among the fanbase.

7. Back To Top    #77
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Level
    Just adding this from the above article from Roseanne.
    I regret the circumstances that have caused me to be removed from Roseanne. I agreed to the settlement in order that 200 jobs of beloved cast and crew could be saved, and I wish the best for everyone involved,” Barr said in a statement.
    I will probably give it a watch as I like Goodman and Metcalf but as my favorite part of the show was Roseanne and Jackie's interactions, I don't know how it will go. If they kill her off, I'm definitely out. It would be better if they keep her character alive but in rehab and after things calm down, and if the show does well, she could maybe be a recurring character...sort of like Estelle Parsons.

8. Back To Top    #78
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Level
    Well, I'm glad all the non-racists got their jobs back.

9. Back To Top    #79
    Status

Threads
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    365 Post(s)
    Level

10. Back To Top    #80
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Level
    I guess that apology wasn't good enough. Apparently the character of Roseanne will be killed off! https://nypost.com/2018/08/27/rosean...noff-abc-show/

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Spoil The Dead is the largest & number one fansite for AMC's The Walking Dead & Fear The Walking Dead, Image Comic's The Walking Dead, and the Telltale Games. Offering spoilers, games, and community to fans & zombie enthusiasts.