Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Roseanne

1. Back To Top    #11
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    575 Post(s)
    Level
    I actually enjoyed it. I'm a sucker for old sitcoms and this has a very oldschool feel to it.

It's not Breaking Bad, The Leftovers, Fargo, etc but it doesn't really need to be either. It's a sitcom. Even the original series wasn't a 10/10 masterpiece. It was good for what it was aiming to be and probably the best sitcom in years with Last Man Standing being pretty much the only other decent one. I guess The Goldbergs is okay too.

I don't watch sitcoms to learn. Whenever I watch sitcoms its to turn my brain off.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Anton69 View Post
    Oh man the pussies are losing their minds over this show literally saying that it's funny and well done but they can't watch. While in same idiotic paragraph talk their shit about being open minded. And with every asinine editorial like the ones from The NY Times , rolling stone or the wa post it just reinforces the divide.
    I started reading one of the articles and the writer either never watched the original or didn't remember the racism episode. It came full circle in the reboot when you find out that
    Spoiler Spoiler:

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Level
    They already renewed it for another season, so I guess it did well enough.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by hoogie View Post
    They already renewed it for another season, so I guess it did well enough.
    Yeah, 25 million viewers is pretty good.
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...record-1098904
    The new totals for the Mar. 27 premiere have the comedy totaling 25 million viewers and a massive 7.3 rating among adults 18-49. Looking at just the audience, the 6.6 million add-on from the premiere night is a time-shifting record. And that doesn't even include the additional 4.3 million viewers who tuned into an encore telecast on Sunday night — or the growth it will see from Hulu and ABC streaming.
    I can't imagine they can keep the numbers up that high for long so it will be interesting to see the difference this week. I guess nostalgia tv is in. Now that Will & Grace and Roseanne are back, there's talk of a Magnum P. I. and Murphy Brown revival.

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status
    You're one of the good things Darlina's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    291 Post(s)
    Level
    I thought the first episode was so-so, but I liked the second episode a lot more. I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Roseanne is trash.

7. Back To Top    #17
    Status
    Maggies ripped and shredded uterus Anton69's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Level
    Puleeze I say tonight's episode trounces last weeks and the pussies at CNN cry cry cry

8. Back To Top    #18
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)
    Level
    I loved it. It felt like the old Roseanne, like family. Jackie was always my fav but I think Darlene will be my new fav. Lecy (Becky) is still awful, I donít know how sheís an actress.
    I loved the screw You, we donít have to be politically correct or cater to snowflakes attitude. Yet it still tackles very real, relevant issues.

9. Back To Top    #19
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Level
    Weeks 2 ratings were down a little but still the biggest show of the night
    http://deadline.com/2018/04/roseanne...-2-1202358236/
    The ratings took the inevitable dip but remained impressive — 15.4 million viewers and a 3.9 rating among adults 18-49 in Live+same day at 8 PM last night. Vs. the 8-8:30 PM part of the double premiere episode last week (17.7 million, 4.9/21), Roseanne retained 87% of the audience and 80% of the adults 18-49 rating. It was once again the top program of the night by a mile in both adults 18-49 and total viewers.

10. Back To Top    #20
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    575 Post(s)
    Level
    That's to be expected. The first episode was always gonna draw a bunch of people in. All shows do that. I think X-Files got the same nostalgia pop though it lost nearly half of that by the next week where as this only lost a few million the next week. That's the really interesting thing is that most people came back for more. I'm sure the show scared a few people off with the Trump stuff and the Roseanne Barr witch hunts but even with that it's still standing.

That's kinda been the funny thing to watch. All these SJWs going after Roseanne for some comedy bit where she dressed up as Hitler and they all act like their other favorite libtard comedians haven't gone there before and then when you call them out on it they try to grasp at straws to prove how its different and why what Roseanne did is worse even though that's not what they originally said. No, fuck them, they just hate it because it's Roseanne and she doesn't share the same political beliefs as them and this is what they are trying to use to tear her down and so far it's not working.

I hope that this leads to the return of Last Man Standing. I'm tired of this hollywood hive mind bullshit. People need to start speaking up. I'm sure there is a lot of secret conservatives in Hollywood that are afraid to let it be known and to do things that would be more satisfying to them as performers and this is the best time IMO to speak up because if people don't it's just gonna get worse. If Roseanne fails then it's pretty much game over for anyone who thinks outside the hollywood echo-chamber. I did hear that Matt and Trey from South Park said they were republicans so maybe that is hope.

Did anyone see the petition to bring back Last Man Standing?
    https://www.change.org/p/abc-network...t-man-standing

If it returns I doubt it would be because of this and more just based on it already being successful and Roseanne but It's shocking to see this many signatures.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Spoil The Dead is the largest & number one fansite for AMC's The Walking Dead & Fear The Walking Dead, Image Comic's The Walking Dead, and the Telltale Games. Offering spoilers, games, and community to fans & zombie enthusiasts.