Thread: Roseanne

1. Back To Top    #1
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Level

Roseanne

Did anybody watch last night? Some parts were good old Roseanne, but other parts were like...wtf? I mean...i get that Sara Gilbert is on The View, and their favorite topic is to bash Trump, but did it really have to be such a focus on the show? It's everywhere IRL, let the show be the show.
    As for Dan...i was wondering how they'd address that. They kind of implied that he was killed off in Roseanne's manuscript, but if memory serves me correctly, he died in real show life? Maybe they don't think anyone would notice. *shrugs*

With all that being said...who can deny that the 80s and 90s were the best? Everything is coming back!! Roseanne, Full House, Muppet Babies, the karate kid, One day at a time (ok that was 70s).
    Did I miss anything?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Level
    I watched a bit of it, but it wasn't great. It was way too corny, but that might be a bigger problem with sitcoms in general. The audience laughter is so corny.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Level
    I haven't watched it yet but will be catching it soon.

This article is a couple months old but it explains that Roseanne intended the reboot to reflect her own political views as she is a Trump supporter. So that will be a big part of these new episodes.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...-politics.html

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Maggies ripped and shredded uterus Anton69's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Level
    I liked the second episode better but all in all it was pretty good. As far as decades fuck that nothing beats the seventies. Sure the shows were less racy but they actually tackled topics in a hell of a lot more truthful way than any of these punkass bullshit shows do now. The minute some show does anything not PC holy hell breaks out on the web. Television is a mirror to society and society is a bunch of whiny pussies

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Level
    18.1 million viewers. Pretty good debut numbers

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymkr10297 View Post
    Did anybody watch last night? Some parts were good old Roseanne, but other parts were like...wtf? I mean...i get that Sara Gilbert is on The View, and their favorite topic is to bash Trump, but did it really have to be such a focus on the show? It's everywhere IRL, let the show be the show.
    As for Dan...i was wondering how they'd address that. They kind of implied that he was killed off in Roseanne's manuscript, but if memory serves me correctly, he died in real show life? Maybe they don't think anyone would notice. *shrugs*

With all that being said...who can deny that the 80s and 90s were the best? Everything is coming back!! Roseanne, Full House, Muppet Babies, the karate kid, One day at a time (ok that was 70s).
    Did I miss anything?
    About Dan's death,
    Spoiler Spoiler:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sassenach View Post
    I haven't watched it yet but will be catching it soon.

This article is a couple months old but it explains that Roseanne intended the reboot to reflect her own political views as she is a Trump supporter. So that will be a big part of these new episodes.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...-politics.html
    I'm not sure that the whole season will be about politics. One of the Becky's was in an interview and stated that the first episode would be political heavy but the rest of the season wouldn't necessarily focus on it. Hopefully it won't. One episode on the election is enough for me.

@Hymkr10297, I agree that some parts were good and others not so good. I also agree with @Anton69 that the second episode was better than the first. The first episode felt like they had too many jokes, were racing through them, and were trying to catch the audience up too fast on where all the cast members are. I could also tell that they haven't worked with each other in a long time as the chemistry wasn't the same. Better by the second episode so it will be interesting to see how it goes next week. That said, I enjoyed it. I hear that David and Bev will make an appearance and maybe Nancy too. I'm hoping that Leon and Scott may show up at some point as well.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status

Awaiting Gimple's Replacement In Negan's Bed.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Level
    Where can I watch this if I didn't record it? Thanks

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Şωɛɛȶ Ɗҽʂƚɾυƈƚιɳ View Post
    Where can I watch this if I didn't record it? Thanks
    I think it's on Hulu. Other than that, I'm not sure.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Maggies ripped and shredded uterus Anton69's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Level
    Oh man the pussies are losing their minds over this show literally saying that it's funny and well done but they can't watch. While in same idiotic paragraph talk their shit about being open minded. And with every asinine editorial like the ones from The NY Times , rolling stone or the wa post it just reinforces the divide.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1743 Post(s)
    Level
    I enjoyed it. I forgot how much Rosanne reminds me of my mom.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Spoil The Dead is the largest & number one fansite for AMC's The Walking Dead & Fear The Walking Dead, Image Comic's The Walking Dead, and the Telltale Games. Offering spoilers, games, and community to fans & zombie enthusiasts.