Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level

Spoil The Dead Member Episode Rating Trends

I'm a data nerd, and I love the episode rating threads. So I have been manually collecting the data from those threads. I've only gotten as far back as season six, but there are still some interesting trends from the last 2.5 seasons. For instance, the two episodes with the highest number of votes is 6-16 and 7-1. And I am sure it surprises no one that 6-16 received the lowest average from the past 2.5 seasons.

I'll keep scraping data as far back as the rating threads go and keep updating this thread accordingly.

Click on the images to be able to read the data viz better.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Level
    This is awesome work! Great job!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Level
    Wow! that's a lot of work, thank you!
    I find myself very reluctant to give out anything over a 6/10 anymore, where as I used to rate 9's and 10's. I don't think a 9 or 10 has the same value as a 9 or 10 a few seasons ago. IMO (anecdotally speaking), an episode earning high scores now is really benefitting from the new normal of lesser quality overall. as if we are settling and rating the best of the worst with the highest score.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    In the dining room hiding Richonne's sex mints
    Threads
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Level
    Nice visualization.

It clearly shows that less and less people here care about the show and want to discuss it. which is no wonder since TWD went downhill.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Thank you all for the feedback. I'm glad you find it interesting.

While putting this together I started thinking a lot about how people would rate a show over time, and how a show's longevity might impact how "super fans" rate the show over time. When the show is new and unique, everything is fun and cool and exciting (i.e. higher ratings) but after it has been around for a while, people adjust their expectations (and ratings) accordingly. Which is what I think KerryGold was talking about to an extent.

I'm going to wait until later in the week to update with the latest episode. I also have seasons 4 and 5 collected and the trend looks a lot different with the added seasons.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status

Awaiting Gimple's Replacement In Negan's Bed.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Level
    Not understanding since I cant blow up the images. :(

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    First image: The x axis is episode. The left side y axis (orange line) is the weighted average rating for each episode. The right side y axis (blue bars) are the number of people who voted in the rating thread for the episode.

Second image: Unfortunately you would need to enlarge the image in order to understand it, but basically the x axis is the number of votes and the y axis is the weighted average rating for each episode. Each mark is an episode and the marks are colored by season and the shape of the mark tells you if it is a season premier, mid-season finale, mid-season premier, or season finale.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonata View Post
    Nice visualization.

It clearly shows that less and less people here care about the show and want to discuss it. which is no wonder since TWD went downhill.
    There are plenty of us on here who love the show but the steady incline of negativity is a turn off. I don't feel like discussing anything with people who only bitch and complain or disrespect your view because they think their opinion is the only opinion that matters. Shit gets old.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    In the dining room hiding Richonne's sex mints
    Threads
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieBek View Post
    There are plenty of us on here who love the show but the steady incline of negativity is a turn off. I don't feel like discussing anything with people who only bitch and complain or disrespect your view because they think their opinion is the only opinion that matters. Shit gets old.
    ???
    What has your post to do with my post? if you like the show, fine. but who cares? anyone is entitled to his opinion. its a fact that the fandom here is not as active as it used to be and lots of people lost a lot of passion and interest in the show overtime which the falling ratings also show us

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonata View Post
    ???
    What has your post to do with my post? if you like the show, fine. but who cares? anyone is entitled to his opinion. its a fact that the fandom here is not as active as it used to be and lots of people lost a lot of passion and interest in the show overtime which the falling ratings also show us
    I'm responding to your post because you posted that the data shows that less and less people here care about the show... Which I don't think is the case. There are plenty of people that like the show on this forum but don't post shit because of the lousy ass attitudes on here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast