Forgot your username?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #11
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I actually enjoyed the last episode a lot more without being spoiled - never thought I'd hear myself say that!

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Level
    I wonder if this means something specific is going to happen they want to keep under wraps. I’m a little worried. I miss the spoilers only because it softens the blow if something sad is going to happen during the episode. They help me get through the episode better, kinda like therapy.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    When you have to say "nothing shady is going on" it comes off as if you have something to hide.

If you had said "our sources don't want to give up the goods for fear of their jobs/status as a screener/etc...," I think that'd be that. Most of us would understand that.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by abaddonis View Post
    When you have to say "nothing shady is going on" it comes off as if you have something to hide.

If you had said "our sources don't want to give up the goods for fear of their jobs/status as a screener/etc...," I think that'd be that. Most of us would understand that.
    They just said that because people are always jumping to conclusions. Just last week, when it looked like they wouldn't get a chance to have the Q&A, people were convinced it was because someone big was going to die. I think they just wanted to stop people from speculating and making this bigger than what it is.

I'm sure if it was actually a situation where their sources job was on the line, they would say as much, but that doesn't seem to be the case, so that's why they didn't.

It could just be as simple as wanting things to be surprise because they think the last two episodes are really good and surprising. It's the end of a huge, two and a half season long arc pretty much, and could possibly set up a time jump, too.

8b has been pretty consistently enjoyable to me, so while I love spoilers, I don't mind going in blind for the end; makes it a bit more exciting, even though there's a lot of things we already know, like Negan surviving.

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    526 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust View Post
    Are these famed spoiler ninjas accessible?

Not because I want to strongarm them for episode information, but rather just to get some input for an upcoming visit to the filming locations this Spring/Summer.
    I would recommend joining the Not Dead Family group on Facebook. It's run by two sisters who live in the area and they've been stalking filming for a long time so they know the best places to go and what will and will not be allowed by the crew. The group likes meeting up with new people who are fans of the show. Hope you have a great visit and if you get any good pictures, I hope you share them with us.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/NotDeadSisters/

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Level
    I hope Alden and Jadis live. Other than that the only spoilers I wanted to read were regarding Simon since Iím sure heís going to die in one of the episodes. Itís a shame because heís a lot better than Negan in my opinion.

7. Back To Top    #17
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    526 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by abaddonis View Post

I doubt it's an issue of job security. This particular source has never spoiled everything about any episode. They only allow 10 questions and don't like to reveal the big surprises - like Carl's dream featuring Negan living at ASZ and talking to Judith. Or Jadis capturing Negan at the end of 8x12. It may be that there's something big happening in these final two episodes that they don't want to spoil. Or they may feel that the last two episodes should be unspoiled. Sources for spoilers are hard to come by these days so we take what we can get.

We do have some information from filming for these episodes though. Check out the Episode Breakdown for 8B thread. It's a handy reference.

8. Back To Top    #18
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    601 Post(s)
    Level
    My memory is shit. I usually forget 95% of what I read by the time I start watching the ep.

9. Back To Top    #19
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by colorbars View Post
    They just said that because people are always jumping to conclusions. Just last week, when it looked like they wouldn't get a chance to have the Q&A, people were convinced it was because someone big was going to die. I think they just wanted to stop people from speculating and making this bigger than what it is.

I'm sure if it was actually a situation where their sources job was on the line, they would say as much, but that doesn't seem to be the case, so that's why they didn't.

It could just be as simple as wanting things to be surprise because they think the last two episodes are really good and surprising. It's the end of a huge, two and a half season long arc pretty much, and could possibly set up a time jump, too.

8b has been pretty consistently enjoyable to me, so while I love spoilers, I don't mind going in blind for the end; makes it a bit more exciting, even though there's a lot of things we already know, like Negan surviving.
    What they said was essentially "no one is pressuring us or the source, nothing is fishy, nothing to see here, move along" which makes it appear suspicious. If they wanted things to be a surprise now, why post/leak spoilers in the first place? Why grow a conscience for the last 2 episodes of a season/arc that has taken a giant montezuma's revenge dump on the source material?

I remember when spoilers were released for the Negan line-up scene with the F U "who is it?" We knew that was coming before the episode aired. Seems like they weren't concerned with spoiling that.

10. Back To Top    #20
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Is it safe to assume this will most likely happen with every mid-season and finale? I don't mind it at all. Good to be spoiler free every now and then.

Wonder if spoilers were harder to come by because they plan to show it in the theaters and don't want to chance people yelling and spoiling it for the rest who paid to see it.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast