Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Level

Gabriel's Final Arc in the Finale (8x16) possible spoilers

Ok, hear me out. I think after watching last night episode. I think Gabriel is the one who will fuck up the Saviors bullets and he will also die in this ep, getting a death with a meaning he wishes for and letting Eugene take the credit. In a way this inspires bravery in him and makes him never be a coward again. He saves all the survivors and saves Eugene. Full circle for him. Redemption arc completed. Thoughts??

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1246 Post(s)
    Level
    I think Eugene needs redemption more than FrG does. With that said, Eugene knows FrG is sick and producing flawed ammo. Eugene is doing the QC, so he's going to see FrG's bullets and, I think, make sure they make it into the rifles. Of course, I don't know how all this is going to work since FrG isn't making ALL of the bullets.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    I think Eugene needs redemption more than FrG does. With that said, Eugene knows FrG is sick and producing flawed ammo. Eugene is doing the QC, so he's going to see FrG's bullets and, I think, make sure they make it into the rifles. Of course, I don't know how all this is going to work since FrG isn't making ALL of the bullets.
    Mmm true that Gabriel is sick. Fuck Eguene redemption. He has had many chances so I don't really care, it would be 180. I hope tho that somehow Gabriel sacrifices himself so he gets his death he has wished for. We need a more main death.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    At the end of the episode Eugene said something about making their sorry lives count for something. It echoed the exact words that Rosita said to him, so that leads me to believe Eugene is choosing to sabotage them.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by InfinityGrimes View Post
    Ok, hear me out. I think after watching last night episode. I think Gabriel is the one who will fuck up the Saviors bullets and he will also die in this ep, getting a death with a meaning he wishes for and letting Eugene take the credit. In a way this inspires bravery in him and makes him never be a coward again. He saves all the survivors and saves Eugene. Full circle for him. Redemption arc completed. Thoughts??
    I can see this happening given his history of locking his parishioners out of the Church way back when, even if it's just through his influence on Eugene. I hope they don't kill him off though, I like Fr. Gabriel and his "We walk by faith and not by sight" story.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Level
    I really hope it's Eugene who redeems himself. I like Gabe and where's he come in terms of character since his start on the show, but this should be more about Eugene.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by F1R3H4WK View Post
    At the end of the episode Eugene said something about making their sorry lives count for something. It echoed the exact words that Rosita said to him, so that leads me to believe Eugene is choosing to sabotage them.
    God I hope you’re right. I’ve really lost all hope for Eugene after this episode. I was so let down by him GOING BACK.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Level
    The problem with Eugene is wherever we like it or not he is too far gone. That's why I think in the scene in the promo where Eugene is seen holding Gabriel at gunpoint it will be their heart to heart and final conversation so the auidience enjoys Gabriels' sacrifice and how he far he has come and that this will make Eugene possible reddemble for the future. I hope this happen even though I don't want Gabriel to die but it will be a completed arc and Gabriel has a death with meaning.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status

Awaiting Gimple's Replacement In Negan's Bed.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Level
    I still think it will be Eugene since he needs the redemption more. After all, this fandom is fickle af when it comes to hating and loving characters. I don't really care either way though since both characters suck and can be killed off with no problems.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    I agree that something important is planned for Gabriel in the finale. Otherwise, why would they have taken the time for him to perfectly sum up his character and remind everyone of his backstory for no apparent reason while being confronted about his bullet sabotaging this episode?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast