Forgot your username?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Back To Top    #11
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Level
    It also gave Simon the maximum chance to chew the scenery and that is a good thing.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRightHandMan View Post
    The editing at the beginning was horrible. It jumped around way too much from scene to scene. Negan reveals himself to Dwight, and then the next thing you know all the lieutenants are in a meeting with Negan.
    Nothing can be worse than the editing from episode 11, now that was some amateur shit .

- - - Updated - - -
    @shrike Too bad it was the last time .

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Level
    I liked it, probably because it was full of tension. It was obvious that either Simon, Dwight or both were going to die, but tense in terms of how it would come about and how much Negan knew about them and wasn't telling. To say it's still poor compared to the earlier series is rubbish, I think. Maybe not up there with the best episodes from series 2, 3 and 4, but as good as anything we've had since then.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by JonSnow17 View Post
    I'm not saying it was a brilliant episode or that it blew me away, but by the low standards that TWD has set today,it was better than usual, it didn't make me want to tear my eyes out from boredom so that's something .
    I think I relate to this. Most of Seasons 7 and 8 are Montezuma's Revenge, but this episode was more like good old fashioned, reasonable and tame diarrhea.

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Level
    Directing was okay but it won't make up for an unteresting storyline that's why I don't think this episode was better than the previous ones. But maybe it's because I can't find a single fuck to give about Negan/sanctuary storylines so to me it was boring af. The only slightly more interesting part of it all was Eugene/Rosita/Daryl.

I very much agree about TWD giving this "amateur" feel from time to time though. It's definitely there. There are parts that look like taken from a B or even C class horror movie. There are parts where even good actors perform poorly. There are many many things that always kept TWD from reaching this "A" rating that Breaking Bad or GoT have. I always wonder - don't they have someone who watches over it and says "hey, let's repeat that part Melissa because you smoke like you never held a cigarette in your hand before" or "hey Lauren try that line a little differently cause it sounded too much like you read from the script". Nooo, let's just leave it all in. Even the best actors won't always be at their top game, they need someone who controls it closely from the other side and will have impactful remarks. Same with every other aspect of the show. It seems like they just don't do that or they do and are very bad at it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12